Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Westminster Bridge

To be fair, it could easily have been a lot lot worse.

We''ve seen far worse in recent times.

It''s a good time to reflect on what our response would be if we are suddenly asked by police / authorities / stewards to vacate an area or follow unusual instructions which don''t seem convenient. Our natural response might not be cooperative.

Mr Carrow is in the City Stand.

The back tracking on channel 4 was cringeworthy, they were reporting it was one person to then say that actually he''s in prison serving a two year sentence !

The rush to be first with the news should not lead to an innocent person being named. He would have good cause to sue for defamation. Channel 4 not usually so cavalier.

Horrible, tragic attack. This method of terrorism (lone extremists in vehicles) is extremely dangerous as it is impossible to track/pre-empt. 
I''m due to take a group of 90+ kids to London for the weekend on Friday, on a school trip... Hoping that school will pull the trip in the wake of this as I don''t feel comfortable going to the London landmarks myself this weekend, let alone taking other people''s children.
Just waiting for the inevitable tide of Islamophobia to pop up here from the usual suspects. Funny how they never pipe up about how Christianity is a religion of hate when nutters like Bissonnette go on a murder spree in a mosque.

I''m sure he will take full advantage of the rights and freedoms we enjoy and vigeeoisly seek legal redress.

Quote user=Jamie Witherspoon. "The rush to be first with the news should not lead to an innocent person being named. He would have good cause to sue for defamation. Channel 4 not usually so cavalier"

If the named bloke is in prison already, he is hardly an innocent man, you fork''n spoon.

"Just waiting for the inevitable tide of Islamophobia to pop up here from the usual suspects. Funny how they never pipe up about how Christianity is a religion of hate when nutters like Bissonnette go on a murder spree in a mosque."

Bissonette. One individual is held up as a "religion of hate."

Have you the slightest clue about the muslims treatment of Hindus before the partition of India?

The slightest clue?

Let''s try again for the pedantically impaired.

If he is in prison, he could not have carried out the crimes he was named as having carried out today. Therefore he is innocent of those crimes.

Trust that is clear.

I''m sure he is a scumbag, but scumbags retain human rights which includes the right not to be defamed by national media by wrongly naming you as the perpetrator of a terrorist atrocity.

Interesting that the first person to lash out on this thread about religion chose Christianity as the religion to criticise.

Odd, but it''s the pinkun.

I''ll give you clue matey.

They rampaged through villages killing, raping and took little girls and boys (they like dancing boys.) for their own pleasure.

By the way it''s not Islamophobia, it''s hatred of the extremists in that lot.

Repeat "extremists."

Have you been oblivious to what has been going on in our World?

Absloutely right Jamie, on both counts I''m sure.

Thank the lord for the liberty and access to justice we all enjoy.

Regardless of his obvious scumbagness, C4 News have opened themselves up to a serious financial loss here.

quote user=Jamie Witherspoon. "Yep. People aren''t eating al fresco."

Perhaps they need a spoon.

[quote user="im spartacus canary "]If he''s alive torture the FU(k out of him whatever is necessary![/quote]

blimeyI wish these cranks would sort out some kind ot rotor for '' idiot of the day''or is it just left to the ''free for all'' market where they each try to outdo each other in stupidity ?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Just waiting for the inevitable tide of Islamophobia to pop up here from the usual suspects. Funny how they never pipe up about how Christianity is a religion of hate when nutters like Bissonnette go on a murder spree in a mosque."

Bissonette. One individuaal is held up as a "religion of hate."

Have you the slightest clue about the muslims treatment of Hindus before the partition of India?

The slightest clue?[/quote]
Breivik, Dylann Roofe, Robert Louis Dear Jr, the IRA, KKK etc. There''s plenty of white/christian terrorists.  Except they''re normally called ''mentally ill'' or ''lone wolves'' as opposed to ''terrorists'' by the media.In fact look at Africa and you''ll find plenty of black Christians who commit ISIS like atrocities on minority groups - beheading Muslims and the suchlike . There''s over 1.6 billion Muslims and 2.2 billion Christians. Of course there are going to be nutters in both camps. To profess otherwise is silly, purely on a statistical basis if nothing else. That''s why the "Islam is a religion of hate" argument is so stupid. Just because the media don''t shove Christian terrorism down your throat, doesn''t mean it''s any less prevalent than Muslim terrorism. In fact, the FBI state that "94% of terrorist attacks in the USA between 1990 and 2005 were committed by non-Muslims". In the EU, according to Interpol, less than 2% of terrorist attacks have been religiously motivated, and in fact the vast majority are carried out by nationalist/separatist groups. Now admittedly, this data is out of date (2005 for FBI data, 2014 for Europol) and things have changed rapidly in the last few years, but the point I''m making is that just because you don''t hear about the attacks in your media, doesn''t mean they aren''t happening. ( FBI LINK      EUROPOL LINK )
Can''t say the Muslim treatment of Hindus Pre-1947 is something I know much about. Although I''m fairly sure the behaviour of a certain Christian in that period of time was a more pressing concern for the majority of Europe. I''m also fairly sure the British treatment of Hindus pre-partition is hardly anything to have any pride in, so I''m wondering if the ''glass houses'' adage may be applicable here?