Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Westminster Bridge

Awful, awful.

One lady dead. French schoolgirls injured quite seriously.

Driving a car into people.

They have shot the bastard. If he''s not dead he will probably get well treated in a local hospital.at our expense.

The Frogs have the right idea. They shoot the buggers dead immediately.

Think the attacker was shot dead by police, so no need to worry about your taxes paying for him in hospital.

I''m more concerned about all the injured people.

"Think the attacker was shot dead by police, so no need to worry about your taxes paying for him in hospital."

Hope you are right, but the news I have just says shot.

Too early to speculate.

Horrendous harm to people going about their lives or work.

But, at least these people are limited to cars and knives. Imagine someone equally determined with an AK47? The police present would struggle to outgun them.

I''m no expert but I imagine the authorities prefer when possible to have the terrorist alive so they can try to get information out of them.

A round up of known extremists and sympathisers would be a starting point. Why bother keeping tabs just intern them indefinitely it would probably work our cheaper . But it will all go quiet until the next time.

Don''t suppose anyone has bothered with the name of the policeman who died wading in, protecting everyone..................no thought not.[:@]

Lots of glorification going on on extremists websites. How can''t these people be traced.

I''m in London ATM and came through Westminster tube station this afternoon, train stopped but doors didn''t open, then off we went again. Proud that life goes on, these scumbags will never achieve their evil aims!

BBC and Sky being predictably reticent but reputable Twitter sources saying Islamic attack with the attacker not entirely unknown to Police!

The area around Westminster is one of the busiest tourist spots with Downing Street, Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. Buckingham Palace isn''t too far away and there is a lot of traffic (esp buses) around Parliament Square.

"A round up of known extremists and sympathisers would be a starting point. Why bother keeping tabs just intern them indefinitely it would probably work our cheaper . But it will all go quiet until the next time."

Correct. The extremist Muslim mentality is to wish death upon anybody who doesn''t adhere to their Allah.

The fightback started with the Crusades but the problem is now back amongst the Christian World.

They massacred Hindus in India remember.

As should always be the case, the ''proper'' media reports on facts when possible - though Sky more than most will still occasionally get ahead of itself and misreport. Twitter can be a good source, but as with everything else it is as full of garbage as it is truth, so is wholly unreliable unless/until corroborated.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]As should always be the case, the ''proper'' media reports on facts when possible - though Sky more than most will still occasionally get ahead of itself and misreport. Twitter can be a good source, but as with everything else it is as full of garbage as it is truth, so is wholly unreliable unless/until corroborated.[/quote]Exactly so, which is why I quoted it as unconfirmed, .......until it was.Lovely bloke, look him up on Wikki.

Channel 4 News says its him but his solicitor reckons he''s still in jail!Rum old job.

Dreadful incident and a tragic waste of life.

It could have been anyone walking along the bridge, I was talking to somebody earlier who was there yesterday and I''ve also heard that Waveney was there today but is thankfully safe.