Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

"There’s no better time to be an England player or an England U21s player"

U21s boss Aidy Boothroyd saw his edged out in a 1-0 friendly defeat to Germany on Friday night but felt his squad learned plenty in Wiesbaden, ahead of this summer’s European U21 Championships in Poland.

“We gave a few players a chance and I was really pleased with Jacob Murphy, who was very good,” the former Canaries academy coach told TheFA.com.

“We said at the start of the week that to prepare properly for June, I’d need to look at a few players and get to see how people perform in an environment like this.

“It’s a game of chess at this level and tactically, you’ve got to make sure you can cope with what’s thrown at you and you’ve got to throw a few googlies at them.

“We’ll take on board what we learned from Germany and now it’s about preparing quickly for Denmark.”

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

U21s boss Aidy Boothroyd saw his edged out in a 1-0 friendly defeat to Germany on Friday night but felt his squad learned plenty in Wiesbaden, ahead of this summer’s European U21 Championships in Poland.

“We gave a few players a chance and I was really pleased with Jacob Murphy, who was very good,” the former Canaries academy coach told TheFA.com.

“We said at the start of the week that to prepare properly for June, I’d need to look at a few players and get to see how people perform in an environment like this.

“It’s a game of chess at this level and tactically, you’ve got to make sure you can cope with what’s thrown at you and you’ve got to throw a few googlies at them.

“We’ll take on board what we learned from Germany and now it’s about preparing quickly for Denmark.”

[/quote]shame they don''t atke on board that is farcical nonsense has had it''s day, and should have disappeared years agoit does litle bar help the FA to keep themselves proped up with largesse, allow agents to up a players wages and over exite the usual sh itheads to display their stupidity in foreign barsthere''s no other serious football played at any regional level, and thi is about as relevent (and disruptive) as postponing the main acts on the Pyramid stage because the NME have assembled some musicians from a half dozen bands who are gong to give it a go for an hour