Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Heckingbottom

While I often try to take bookies odds with a pinch of salt that kind of shift in odds can''t be ignored, clearly something to this. I remember a similar situation with Neil Adams, he was at about 25/1, suddenly overnight his odds shortened massively and he was appointed.

Of the managers ''in a job'', would have been in my top 3 we could get (Monk, Jokanovic, Heckingbottom)

Not sure we would get him now before the end of the season though

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 24/03/2017 10:25 AM:

Its happening, the plan is coming together, i''m sure Greavsy will be Keane to welcome this.

@lessingham.

Eh?

A lot of money on Heckingbottom in the last 48 hours. Way ahead in the running now... Have to say would be competely underwhelmed with this appointment. We need someone with experience, someone who can come in and ruffle a few feathers.

@Greavsy

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 24/03/2017 10:25 AM:

Its happening, the plan is coming together, i''m sure Greavsy will be Keane to welcome this.

@lessingham.

Eh?

Apologies Greavsy, don''t know why put your name to that!

This would be as big a gamble as the appointment of Alex Neil.

Really not the time or the place for another inexperienced manager.

Eighteen months ago the world was our oyster. Now we''re headhunting the current Barnsley manager.

Yeah, must admit, bit concerned as there''s a difference between a manager like Clarke who has done brilliantly at 3 clubs or so season after season, as opposed to Heckingbottom who''s had a fairly decent 18 months with 1 club. Don''t want to disrespect our former player, and if he comes in then he''ll get a warm welcome of course, but if we''re going to take a gamble then the sensible option would surely be the standout man?

[quote user="Alex "]Yeah, must admit, bit concerned as there''s a difference between a manager like Clarke who has done brilliantly at 3 clubs or so season after season, as opposed to Heckingbottom who''s had a fairly decent 18 months with 1 club. Don''t want to disrespect our former player, and if he comes in then he''ll get a warm welcome of course, but if we''re going to take a gamble then the sensible option would surely be the standout man?[/quote]

Would be content with Heckingbottm IF we had a big NO from;

Shakespeare, Monk, Wagner, Jokanovic

Alex, not sure about Clarke, only because he''s only managed in League 1 and has a negative goal difference.

@Dorset

Shakespeare? As in Craig Shakespeare? As in current manager of the Premier League Champions?

Can''t see why he wouldn''t be interested.

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]I think u could put your mortgage on where Alex Neil will be heading if we get heckingbottom.[/quote]

Not Barnsley, we''re all geared up to promote from within.

Ah we have a Tyke in our midst. Always likes Barnsley, when ever I''ve seen them they try to play a good style of football with limited resources. Good luck mate.

[quote user="king canary"]@Dorset

Shakespeare? As in Craig Shakespeare? As in current manager of the Premier League Champions?

Can''t see why he wouldn''t be interested.[/quote]

LOL, yes of course that was a bit tongue in cheek!

But let''s not forget they might replace him in the summer. Although because of the fan power he might get at least one season in the Prem next year.

I honestly believe Heckingbottom will stay with us until Wednesday come calling, the way the bookies have slashed the odds on him would suggest they think or have heard he''ll not be moving, so I''d say this is a non starter.

You''re not more attractive then Shitfield Wednesday though or Middlesbrough, Hull City, and other northern clubs, your fans and board are far too expectant for the resources at the managers disposal, and your city is in the arse end of nowhere, all be a very nice city, If he holds tight at the club he''s supported all his life, in the town where he was brought up and where he''s bringing up his four children, and he continues to prove himself to be a very good first team coach he''ll get offers far more attractive to him than Norwich City.

...christ, surely we''re going to do better than Heckingbottom aren''t we??.....we''re going to go through all this rigmarole of appointing "Sporting" directors and such like just to appoint someone with less experience than Alex Neil?

Whilst it would not surprise me one bit if this is the sort of manager we do appoint, this next move from the board is crucial.

can we just please have a proper MANAGER here?!?...Grant,Adams,Gunn,Neil ,no more experiments , just a ready made, experienced manager...

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...christ, surely we''re going to do better than Heckingbottom aren''t we??.....we''re going to go through all this rigmarole of appointing "Sporting" directors and such like just to appoint someone with less experience than Alex Neil?

Whilst it would not surprise me one bit if this is the sort of manager we do appoint, this next move from the board is crucial.

can we just please have a proper MANAGER here?!?...Grant,Adams,Gunn,Neil ,no more experiments , just a ready made, experienced manager...[/quote]
Isn''t the whole point of the restructure that we will have a first team coach, not a manager?

@Dingle

Two of those three teams already have managers and I''ve not seen any mention of Heckingbottom and Middlesborough.

You''re deluded if you don''t think he''d leave Barnsley for Norwich. He''s done a great job at a club on the up but who''ve been forced to sell their two best players in January to a Championship rival. Norwich is a step up for him.