Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Fixtures

Looking at our run in just now and thought anyone with any lingering thoughts on getting into the top 6 must be living in cuckoo land. Even if we do by some miraculous feat beat Villa away we then have 6 continuous games against teams that in all honesty could not be any harder considering how we have fared all season against the top teams - it ain''t gonna happen

Let''s concentrate on beating Villa - and see what happens with the other matches that day. Because Sheff Weds and Fulham are hardly blowing teams away in recent games, so it isn''t over quite yet anyway. There will be injuries, suspensions, sendings off etc all to come for various teams, including quite possibly ourselves but let''s see who gets the luck of the draw in these upcoming games. Not saying it''ll be us but we''re in with a shout for sure.

I think it will probably prove too much, but this squad ought to be capable of going on the sort of decent run needed - the gap is certainly not insurmountable but clearly needs a big turnaround in our away form in particular and there''s no longer any room for no-shows. Imo Newcastle apart, who still blow hot and cold, there''s no stand-out side in this division and it is oddly the fact that our run-in includes a lot of those sides around/above us that may give us the best chance.

[quote user="Bomber"]Like I said it ain''t gonna happen[/quote]sadly for you I doubt many among the club, players and genuine suporters share you viewI should imagine most share you thoughts of last spring[quote user="Bomber"]Of course we can stay up and of course we can win

them three games - but will we is a different matter[/quote]

Season over for you then, Bomber.

Meanwhile, for the rest of us, we can keep on the edge of our seats until we either miss out on the Play-Offs or witness a dramatic end of season steal for 6th place. It''s not written yet.

Past means nothing, it''s all about the team with the best form over these last 7 games. Let''s hope the lads show more fight than some of the happy clappers that are happy to call ''season over''. OTBC

[quote user="Alex "]Season over for you then, Bomber.

Meanwhile, for the rest of us, we can keep on the edge of our seats until we either miss out on the Play-Offs or witness a dramatic end of season steal for 6th place. It''s not written yet.

Past means nothing, it''s all about the team with the best form over these last 7 games. Let''s hope the lads show more fight than some of the happy clappers that are happy to call ''season over''. OTBC[/quote]Nappy c*appers surely ?The tribe that think the sun never sets will be thinking we''re still in with a chance four points behind with one game left [:D]

Smithy, the Happy Clappers were always accused of accepting any old shite by the Nappy Crappers. But the way I see it is that it''s these NC''s that are happy to accept season over or whatever - and not the ambitious HC''s whom haven''t rolled over yet. I''m sure we all hope the players follow the latters example.

The best thing will be, hypothetically, when we lose at Villa there will be the ''I TOLD YOU SO!'' type popping up. You know they''re waiting. But they won''t be telling the likes of myself sh1t to be honest - We''re well aware a loss on Saturday likely means game over just as a win means we still fight on. That''s not Happy Clappy nor Nappy Crappy, that''s just being real about things. What will be will be - OTBC.

[quote user="Alex "]Smithy, the Happy Clappers were always accused of accepting any old shite by the Nappy Crappers. But the way I see it is that it''s these NC''s that are happy to accept season over or whatever - and not the ambitious HC''s whom haven''t rolled over yet. I''m sure we all hope the players follow the latters example.

The best thing will be, hypothetically, when we lose at Villa there will be the ''I TOLD YOU SO!'' type popping up. You know they''re waiting. But they won''t be telling the likes of myself sh1t to be honest - We''re well aware a loss on Saturday likely means game over just as a win means we still fight on. That''s not Happy Clappy nor Nappy Crappy, that''s just being real about things. What will be will be - OTBC.[/quote]I''m not quite sure how the expression happy clapper has morphed into a time of abuse for those who take a positive view on things.My understanding (at CR0 was that it was an expression for those who attended games for the ''experience'' as much as the game. ie they would happily clap along to anything they were told (tannoy) and join in the flag waving and often absurd pre match warm ups... which have now been thankfully stopped.SA few weeks back this forum had folk (closet binners?) telling us that City could even be relegated and any thought of promotion was long gone.Yet here we are still in with a chance. Still ahving it almost in our hands given that we still have to play those around us.1985 we were beaten at home 3-1 by Sunderland just before the final, 2015 we were beaten in both games against M''boro. In 1982 we were four wins and a draw away at this stage. So who knows what will happen.Other than that genuine City supporters will keep supporting (even after the fat lady has belted out her last note) and the rest will find some reason to attack the club... even if we were promoted.C''est la rie as the Welsh would say.

Yorkshire I very much do not wish all those to hail the opinion of bomber as a message board is what it is in that it is the opinions of everyone and I am just stating that my own opinion is that it ain''t gonna happen based on the previous disappointing 80% of the season and the tough remaining games left which would require us to suddenly improve to such a standard that I believe will not happen - yes we beat Barnsley but apparently the game was once again dire and Barnsley missed chances that will not repeat itself over 8 or so remaining games - being realistic is different to being a doom monger and if a turn in form is miraculously achieved and we achieve our goal then I would be one of the happiest fans around and would gladly say I was wrong but do not think this will be the case - having said that I will still be sittin at Carrow Rd and at home willing the team on to win