Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

TRAINING

I''ve asked it before & some of you have been up to watch training sessions - what exactly do they do?

If Worthington and his coaching team are to be held responsible for the season so far, then surely the errors are being made in training.   If the training is good, then is it the players?

Answers here plse!!!

plastic

as you know myself and meeky attended a friday training session (game before plymouth)

what i reported was ridiculed by some, but i just stated what happened, ie not a lot

hopefully i will have the opportunity to go up there again, pref i guess on a monday - though work commitments are hard to fit around training!

i wonder if there is anyone who works shifts, is retired or has holiday coming up who can go there and give us another view on things

Well gazza, Wizard and I are retired. Possibly I should come over and Wiz and I can hang out at Colney ( in dark glasses and black clothes ) looking like the Blues Brothers. If Worthy is failing to deliver the right messages in training then perhaps Wiz and I will take him into the woods and give him a "good talking to."

a nice thought yankee

thing is you both will "go missing" and end up as our new striking partnership after extensive cosmetic work has been done on you over the road at BUPA

[quote]Well gazza, Wizard and I are retired. Possibly I should come over and Wiz and I can hang out at Colney ( in dark glasses and black clothes ) looking like the Blues Brothers. If Worthy is failing to de...[/quote]

Well YC, I guess, what with pointy hatted Wiz rubbing his cloudy balls and you with your stars and stripes waistcoat, even Worthy would spot you were infiltrators and not part of the training squad.

Seriously though, all the training I have seen on TV clips seems to be everything bar using a football, i:e fast stepping between the rungs of a horizontal ladder, weaving around non combative traffic cones etc etc. Perhaps this is all the cameras are allowed to see.

I recall in a Malky interview he said the Watford coaches had the back four training by constantly defending attacks by six or more forwards, he seemed as though this was a new concept to him and was impressed by the novelty of it.

This rather goes to show he hasn''t encountered anything of the like at City.

Iwans book makes reference to "light ball work"

I work shifts... if i can swing it to get a lift to colney with 1 of my mates i might go up there and report my findings.

Agent Jas on the case!

jas

From everyone''s comments it would appear that training is not particulary demanding when it comes to skills or ball work....

Hmmmmmm, what could the connection be between this and some of the performances we''ve seen on the pitch this season?

My impression from Iwan''s book was that they spend more time eating Big Macs and sitting in saunas than working on anything as useless as passing, marking, thoery and tactics.