Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

TWTD is revolting

Just spent a pleasant hour reading some of their posts. Some estimate they will be lucky to have 7,000 season tickets next season, that''s in the Champs, goodness knows what it would be in League One. If you''ve got some spare time and our game for a laugh you know where to go !

It might do them a favour to get relegated to league one like it did us. A chance to build from scratch.

So personally I''m happy to see them mid table championship mediocrity.

It might do them a favour to get relegated to league one like it did us. A chance to build from scratch.

How can they build from scratch with that debt?

They are destined to fold without Evans yet they are stupid enough to want him out.

I could enjoy them finishing 20th in the Championship for the next ten years while their players leave, fans walk away and the running costs stay depressingly high.

Maybe a Carling Cup quarter final every so often to keep them believing it might get better.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]It might do them a favour to get relegated to league one like it did us. A chance to build from scratch.

They are destined to fold without Evans yet they are stupid enough to want him out.[/quote]Ah, but according to them, they haven''t got a debt.  I''ve never quite worked out how it works, but they believe it.  Something to do with how Evans sets it against his other businesses or something, I don''t know.  But the end product according to the scum, is they aren''t in debt to the tune of £80M or whatever it is....................Planet Portaloo in my book.

Sometimes when you feel down about norwich, our players manager or owners, it''s a good reality check to read some of those threads.

The binners wallowing in mid-to-low championship table is excellent news. Their long ongoing stay at this level is simply adding another season to their history making, of which we naturally should all be envious of...

@ Hogesar

Sometimes when you feel down about norwich, our players manager or owners, it''s a good reality check to read some of those threads.

Agreed, if i can''t sleep at night, will have a look on TWTD and always makes me smile and feel good about what we have. Interesting that iic they can get to 10,000 season tickets it will be success.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]It might do them a favour to get relegated to league one like it did us. A chance to build from scratch.

They are destined to fold without Evans yet they are stupid enough to want him out.[/quote]Ah, but according to them, they haven''t got a debt.  I''ve never quite worked out how it works, but they believe it.  Something to do with how Evans sets it against his other businesses or something, I don''t know.  But the end product according to the scum, is they aren''t in debt to the tune of £80M or whatever it is....................Planet Portaloo in my book.[/quote]

I think that is more of a case of self delusion - brought about that no one could tuck the ever so nice ipswich town up - would be rather like cheating the queen mother at cards.The alarm bells should have been ringing loud and clear right from the letter to binners from Sheepshyster 3rd Dec 2007. A clue might have been that I have bought the denbt of the then Norwich Union for a suggested fee of 36 -£8m, but I am going to charge you inteeston the original full amount.At that point the farmhand should have been screaming from the rooftops ...  why ? But no, fired up by their own delusions of expectations Evans was there solely to restore them to their rightful place at the top table.Their self pitying whining has only recently come about because of their now all to obvious plight. Whereas prior to this there was this absurd guff about Evans being an ''hinvestor''. Though someone who transfers your training ground to an offshore account and passes transfer fees to another part of his group would hardly fall into my consideration as an investor.The failure to achieve Cat 1 acadamy status by 0,00001% (or something) was more absolute nonsense. Evans commitment to this should have been seen in the light of the funds needed for the next ''go'' were to be raised by the dimwits sponsoring it themselves !There is a thought (as above) that relegation might be theirmuch needed salvation, though only if it brings about a complete regime change as it di with us I would suggest.  But I cannot see Evans walking away whilst he still can wring a few more quid out of the paupers.But, and this is a big but.. don''t expect it all to be plain sailing from here on in. There will be mutterings at street corners, angry scowls on the ''terraces'' and undoubtely some mother will see her prized bedsheet being waved excitely by a few of the hotheads  Evins must goo      innita song of hope for our neighboursdo join in

[quote user="Move Klose"]It might do them a favour to get relegated to league one like it did us. A chance to build from scratch.

So personally I''m happy to see them mid table championship mediocrity.[/quote]

They are more inclined to follow the Coventry model then ours!

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)"

Get the next move wrong and we''ll soon be mid table mediocrity, again."Have we ever been mid table mediocrity?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]This.

Get the next move wrong and we''ll soon be mid table mediocrity, again.[/quote]Shouldn''t you also explain what will happen if we get it right? Just for fair balance you understand........

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]This.

Get the next move wrong and we''ll soon be mid table mediocrity, again.[/quote]Shouldn''t you also explain what will happen if we get it right? Just for fair balance you understand........[/quote]

Get it right, and we have a good chance of promotion next season.

If we don''t go up next season we''ll lose our competitive advantage over most teams in this league, and promotion challenges will be even tougher.

This is a good read as to why McCarthy still in his job and how Evans runs ITFC........

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/ipswich-town-stuck-in-moment.html

I''m sure Town fans will find it very unhappy reading... OTBC

"Was talking with some of the journos there when we played them. If they don''t go up before their parachute payments run out in the summer of 2018 then they thought they''ll be in a not dissimilar situation to us financially. They seemed sceptical whether Delia would be in a position to put in the sort of sums ME has in most recent seasons"

The latest rubbish from the fool who runs that forum thinks he''s in the know.

1. We have no debt.

2. We get crowds of 25, 000 + every game.

Answer that fool.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)""TCCANARY"]lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)"

Get the next move wrong and we''ll soon be mid table mediocrity, again."Have we ever been mid table mediocrity?

Yes, 1995 - 2002.

7 years of it."

In 2001/2 we were in the play-offs and we got to the final.In 2000/1 we had the relegation fight and Worthy coming as saviour.In 1994/5 we were relegated from the Premier League.In 1995/6 we had the excitement of Chase V O''Niell In 1996/7 we had the return of Mike Walker.

We may have been mid-table but we''ve never need mediocre.

Look, the guy that runs TWTD is even making up rubbish on a thread about the appointment of OUR sporting director which I notice is already into it''s second page worth of responses.

Ipswich have been so irrelevant to us for the past 8 years or so and I don''t see that changing in the near future.

We are significantly better run than Ipswich, don''t owe one guy 80 odd million, have a squad with significant value, a stadium that isn''t falling down, 22k season ticket holders and a waiting list to boot.

Whilst that drab, depressing Portaloo Road see''s 10k fans at best and those 10k are hardly supportive. The last few time''s we''ve been to that scummy stadium i''ve barely heard a peep from their ''fans''.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)""TCCANARY"]lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)" Get the next move wrong and we''ll soon be mid table mediocrity, again."

For mediocre see 1p5wich, no need to look anywhere else!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Was talking with some of the journos there when we played them. If they don''t go up before their parachute payments run out in the summer of 2018 then they thought they''ll be in a not dissimilar situation to us financially. They seemed sceptical whether Delia would be in a position to put in the sort of sums ME has in most recent seasons"

The latest rubbish from the fool who runs that forum thinks he''s in the know.

1. We have no debt.

2. We get crowds of 25, 000 + every game.

Answer that fool.[/quote]yes, put in much the same as a mosquito puts in bloodyou would think by now that even the dimwitted binners could count up to twomonies received from transfers are moved to a central pool to be made available to all those ME companies in that pool, as and when they need itwhen some is returned to the binners it is refered to as ''hinvestment'' ie ME putting money in ! ! !

And if Evans is supposedly putting money in, or pumping it in as the farm hands would describe it, how come they never have a pot to pi ss in, the ground has weeds growing out of the buildings, the youth set up is almost non existant ?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Existant?

Do you mean existent?

Bannanaman has become ant man.[/quote]Cluck, if you don''t mindand where is your ''mate'' buh ?

[quote user="spm2866"]This is a good read as to why McCarthy still in his job and how Evans runs ITFC........

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/ipswich-town-stuck-in-moment.html

I''m sure Town fans will find it very unhappy reading... OTBC[/quote]http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/ipswich-town-stuck-in-moment.html

reads more like a post mortem report

RIPswich

Another interesting read is to click on the link to the Norwich page ( on RH side, about halfway down the article )

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Another interesting read is to click on the link to the Norwich page ( on RH side, about halfway down the article )[/quote]It doesn''t make for pretty reading if your view is that NCFC lacks ''hambition'', Delia has stolen all the money or that the board are deliberately trying to destroy/hold back the clubWhat comes across via the figures and his thoughts is that we are doing ok given where we stand against the ''big boys''  - and a lot better against those who would usually be considered our ''equals''plus ca change