Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Uwe Rosler on the radar ?

Oh No! here we go again.

A major restructuring, will it work? I don''t know.

Waiting in the wings is a guy who wants to bring in a guy who managed Leeds for a while. He''s flying in the third tier with one of the smallest clubs, but why do we want him? Out of all the names mentioned for the position Alan Pardew would have been one of the better choices. Why? Well he must have the best ''Black Book'' of vitrtually all the names mentioned. Contacts and players who would probably come here to play under him. I cannot for the life of me understand why Rosler would get the nod over the likes of Pardew. Oh yes I can, he will be a lot cheaper. Is this the ambition the fans want to see? I would think not. We seem to be saddled with the ''Little Old Norwich'' mentality and in my eyes an appointment like this does nothing to change peoples view. Come on, appoint someone to show some ambition to the fans, and prove you are serious about playing with the big boys...

The point is, does Pardew want to work with a sporting director etc, does the new sporting director want to work with Pardew.

Think your missing the point of the new structure.

Roeder had loads of connections. Roeder got Matty Pattinson and Sibierski to come here and play cos of him. Doesn''t stop him or them being awful.

If you honestly think cost is the only reason someone could have not to hire Pardew then I''d suggest you don''t actually know that much about him and just like the fact he''s a ''name.''

So is there anyone ITK(!!) on here, who knows a lot about any Head Coaches that are currently, working abroad, either in the main role, or as a ''David Wagner'', secondary role?

Webber more than likely does, but it seems that, on here, we seem to be talking about people currently employed in English football.

We might well be in for a surprise?

I may be wrong, but whilst Pardew does have the contacts, when was the last time he had real success anywhere (for more than a season).

We''ve had our best successes when going for the up and coming managers, but my only concern is Rosler has only really had success in the lower leagues (although Lambert was in similar position at the time)

Still like Clark, and Heckingbottom has done it similar to Rosler, but at higher level

Rosler claims in his pre-match press conference that the link to us is ''fake news''! How weird that the term ''fake news'' has become a thing...

Under this new structure we can replace head coaches far more easily if they under perform or get poached. If we go for Rosler it could mainly be to install the type of footballing philosophy Webber believes in to give us an identity and base to build from. He might not be the long term solution and we might have to go through a few coaches until we get it right but that should be easier now. We''ll obviously be desperate to go up as well but if we turn ourselves into a cohesive, functioning team the results should take care of themselves.

We''ll probably end up paying our head coach quite a bit less than our last few managers have gotten and as a result we''ll be able to change coaches more easily but it does mean we won''t be getting any kind of established or proven name.

Under these circumstances I''d be happy enough with Rosler as the start of this new era.

I don''t think it will be any of the names that have been banded about either. Wonder if we''ll wait until the end of the season & Webber will try to get Wagner if Huddersfield don''t go up?