Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Uwe Rosler on the radar ?

Just seen this, not sure how credible the story is, have to say i could get excited by this if true?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/27/report-norwich-city-ready-to-make-uwe-rosler-manager-once-stuart/

Apologies no clicky

I seem to remember his name being bandied about on here before Neil was appointed.  Support for him since, seems to have waned somewhat and I can''t say the prospect of him as manager sets me alight.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Just seen this, not sure how credible the story is, have to say i could get excited by this if true?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/27/report-norwich-city-ready-to-make-uwe-rosler-manager-once-stuart/

Apologies no clicky[/quote]This is a report that quotes another report, I have a feeling that one day the internet will be complete when all reports contain a link to another report and if you go on long enough you get back to where you started!

I put money on him this morning at 25/1. Now down to 20/1. I only did it because of a story I read a while back saying Webber wanted Rosler at Huddersfield if Wagner left. So just putting 2 & 2 Together.

That hitc article is just taken from the sun newspaper so no doubt is a load of b0ll0cks.

I agree Lessingham. Of all the names being mentioned, this one would be my call. He seems to have gone through a learning curve and benefited by that. He certainly talks a good game and would have respect of the players.

Seems a fan of the sporting director role:

"I’m a big fan of the role of the sporting director or the director of football, whatever you want to call it, as long as he has a major influence – he needs to suggest the coach to the board, because he has to work with the coach 24/7"

Done a superb job this year, massively over achieved. They finished 19th last year, he''s got them 3rd now in a league full of teams with much bigger budgets.

@Move Klose

I put money on him this morning at 25/1. Now down to 20/1. I only did it because of a story I read a while back saying Webber wanted Rosler at Huddersfield if Wagner left. So just putting 2 & 2 Together.

Sounds like a shrewd punt, worth a tenner, one of the rumours will turn out to be correct!! eventually.

is this the original article?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/24/uwe-rosler-fleetwood-town-manchester-city-english-football-dark-side

Worth a read, but does make me wonder whether people search around for articles about sporting directors and then suggest whoever it is, is our latest option.

However, I think he''s learned from Wigan and Leeds, where his record wasn''t that bad. I might be wrong, but he''s ''a name'' that many supporters would prefer to some of the others.

Certainly didn''t get respect from Grant Holt. And 7 clubs before Fleetwood could hardly be called an upwards curve.

To be fair tho each of those jobs before Fleetwood was a step up from the job before. Had a bad spell at Leeds (like many before), think Monk had a bad start too but has been given time to turn it round.

he''s had to build up his reputation again. To be 3rd in a league with so many sides with much bigger budgets a and wage bills Sheff U, Bolton, Charlton, MK Dons, Millwall, Bradford etc is a pretty good job.

Football journo on twitter, alan nixon, mirror I think:

@the reluctantnicko hi Alan, what''s this news about rosler to Norwich? Possible option?

@laticsrob Think he is first choice if Webber gets his way

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Certainly didn''t get respect from Grant Holt. [/quote]

Yeah, Holty is an inspiration if allowed to get on with it, but doesn''t appeal to disciplinarian control freak style coaches.  He was pushed out at Wigan, when he could have been a much bigger player for them.  That was down to Rosler and the type/style of football he demands.  Could he be a good fit at Norwich?  Personally I doubt it, but would be happy to be proved wrong if he is appointed.

Well I personally wouldn''t mind it happening, who out there can you guarantee will be the right man, who will want to come here and we can afford.

Whoever we appoint will be a gamble.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Lots of money going on this 1/3 favourite now[/quote]that''s because the "bookies must know something... baa"there are folk placing bets on this

in the article previously on here he came across as quite an affable chap, and if that was enough then he would be near the head of the queuethe club will be looking to the long term which they must have thought they had got with AN, more so after promotionU R will have to be able to fit in and work as part of that teamNCFC... never boring

Meh, I''d be a touch underwhelmed by this one. Sacked by Wigan and Leeds although seems to have bounced back somewhat at Fleetwood.

He did get sacked by Wigan but got them into the playoffs and an fa cup semi at Wembley. Did a very good job at Brentford too.

[quote user="Move Klose"]He did get sacked by Wigan but got them into the playoffs and an fa cup semi at Wembley. Did a very good job at Brentford too.[/quote]

Brentford fans were over the moon to see the back of him. I certainly wouldn''t summarise his time there as successful. They didn''t rate him at all. Bar fleetwood, his record is at best average. We should be aiming higher.

He''d not be particularly high on my list, I don''t see his record as anything much to shout about - but as ever you''d have to give him a chance, particularly if he''s who the new D of F reckons is the best option.

Done a good job at the majority of clubs he''s been at. An over 40% win rate everywhere he''s been. I find the idea of Rosler much more exciting than the likes of Pardew, Heckingbottom, Giggs etc.

Right you''re a parody account aren''t you Keith Scott. Just going against the general opinion for the lolz.

This man was my first choice, I really like him ever since he was at Brentford. He talks a very good game and has a bit of an aura about him so I would be delighted. The guy on this thread who said they got odds of 25/1 this morning, potentially a really good bet, nice bit of research respect. The odds as from ''sky bet'' two hours ago on twitter are currently 3/1.

On Skybet Rosler is now 1/6 on, with Heckingbottom moved out to 5/1 as 2nd favourite, looking more like this is getting closer to be Uwe. Wagner has drifted right out as has Irvine as both are 16/1 and 14/1 these are the next 2 according to sky respectively.