Sign in to follow this  
AcrossThePond

Interesting Thread on Villa messageboard

Work is a bit of a ghost town this early so thought I''d do some snooping on the opposition''s forum. Was pleasantly surprised that they seem genuinely nervous to play us!

One quote that stands out is this:

"They score a lot of goals. They''re 3rd overall and they''re top scorers at home. Only 9th away though.

Fixtures involving Norwich contain the most goals of any team in the division (121) and that trend is even moreso away from Carrow Road, so maybe back over 2.5 (their away games AVERAGE 3.26 goals).

They''ve only failed to score 6 times this season which is the best in the league. They''re also best away from home where they''ve only failed 4 times."

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16293-pre-match-thread/

Also, don''t know where this dude found it but check out the dashboard that features our entire seasons stats! Need to get the source on that.

Don''t think we''ve beaten them for many years, not sure how many but bet Nutty will know, well that''s all coming to an end on Saturday cause Im going and have got a good feeling about this one

1-2 lol

[quote user="Diane"]Don''t think we''ve beaten them for many years, not sure how many but bet Nutty will know, well that''s all coming to an end on Saturday cause Im going and have got a good feeling about this one

1-2 lol[/quote]It was 25 years ago at their place Diane.3-2 in that fabulous season when we finished 3rd. We can only dream of having a team that good now.

25 years ago Smithy, that record has to be broken some time lol

Lets hope we get a repeat 2-3 on Saturday, really looking forward to the trip

Was that when Daryl Sutch scored a 20 yarder into a bottom corner or something? Or is my memory playing tricks again?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Was that when Daryl Sutch scored a 20 yarder into a bottom corner or something? Or is my memory playing tricks again?[/quote]Not sure it was 20 yards, but he did score! From memory we went two up. Spink dropped the ball from a cross or a corner and not even Beckford could miss that one, and Phillips scored, but I can''t remember anything about that. They got back level with one of the goals from Garry Parker (who missed a sitter at 0-0 in our crucial 1-0 win at the end of the season) and then Sutch struck...

Did the double over them of course when in the home game, Polston found himself with the ball at his feet in their six yard box.

Wonder if our CB''s would have fancied that one. Too far out?

I remember us beating them at their place in the 60''s and I think it was Tommy Docs first game in charge of them.

And I also remember Hughie Curran scoring a cracking header to beat them at our place.

Hughie, Hughie, La La La, Hughie, La La La.