Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

NCFC Kit and Kit Manufacture.

I never understand why Adidas or Nike top brands dont make our kit, even ITFC have adidas kit. The quality of Errea is very poor, I had the hooped shirt but the neckline was so itchy it only been worn twice.

My ideal shirt would be the exact Brazil kit with green shorts/socks and ncfc badge--simple.

Imagine how iconic that would look.

We have unique kits that are designed just for us.

Nike & Adidas kits are the same template used over & over again with different colours for different teams.

The England shirt is the Portugal shirt, is the Brazil shirt and so on

How do we know they are better quality than our current shirts?

I bought the ''player fit'' shirt in the sale, I''ve got to say I am really impressed with it, fantastic quality. I doubt Nike/Adidas would produce a shirt similar to that at all.

It''ll be because Errea provide a financially better deal for the club to provide the kit.

And yes, aside from the top sides the Nike and Adidas kits are just the same templates reused over and over each season. At least we get some unique designs that aren''t seen elsewhere. Although I believe that cuts both ways... This season is probably the best set of kits we''ve had in a very long time, solid home and away shirts and a ''fun & quirky'' third strip whereas the season before (the home shirt with two halves and the hooped 3rd strip) our kits were nothing short of an abomination across the board (personal tastes an all!).

Nothing you buy in the way of clothes in the last few years has the quality you would expect from it imo. The materials used are generally of poor quality and don''t last like they should.  It suits capitlism and the way things work these days - produce the stuff cheaply, market as trendy or desireable - slap on an expensive price tag for a willing and captive market, get the punters in and away they go.....and then they do it again....and again...and again.  The only way to improve things would be for people to stop buying the stuff.......but they won''t.   It''s self perpetuating. 

Agree Stone - I''m not much of a fan of this seasons home kit, but think this seasons are much better than any of last years

This years 3rd kit is the best kit we have had in years - I genuinely believe that (my wife detests it however...)

[quote user="simmo_2"]I never understand why Adidas or Nike top brands dont make our kit, even ITFC have adidas kit. The quality of Errea is very poor, I had the hooped shirt but the neckline was so itchy it only been worn twice.

My ideal shirt would be the exact Brazil kit with green shorts/socks and ncfc badge--simple.

Imagine how iconic that would look.[/quote]It looks like the problem is with your neck!

Rogue Baboon - I too love the third strip (in a it''s awful, yet brilliant kind of way). And I too have a wife that detests it, when I arrived home with I was greeted with... ''it''s horrible, I mean are you actually going to wear that? you''ll look ridiculous''

I''ve got the third shirt! Peach! A classic for the future!

Basically those brands in Nike and Adidas release two shirts too - the fan one and the stream lined slinky fit.

The better made one (the slinky fit) is a lot more expensive. Which ties in nicely with their agenda of making a shed load of money from essentially the same product.

Errea did it this year with our shirts. Though the prices were nowhere near as high as Nike etc.

I would love them to meet somewhere in the middle, charge £55 approx. for a quality made shirt and leave it at that.

Individual designs aside - which are always a matter of personal taste - I''m pretty happy NCFC use Errea.

We get an individual (pretty much) kit, not just a yellow and green version of this season''s Nikeidas offering.

Also, afaik Errea is a small family-owned business with pretty good employment and environmental credentials. I''m one of those saps that likes that kind of thing.

My mate tried a player fit on said it made him feel like a Pepperami. Not the one for casually watching matches either at a ground or a pub.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Don''t agree that our kit is poor quality, seems like just another stick to beat the club with.[/quote]

Errea = Matalan/Primark

Adidas/Nike = Hatters/Jonathan Trumbull

This little post is another great example of how many NCFC fans will put up with any old S@i@e.

All three kits are not made from the same material

The home kit, as has been the case for the past few season is awful quality. So easily plucked.

It has been a good few years since I haven''t taken a kit back to a canary store to swap for another one.

Wings of a Sparrow wrote the following post at 24/03/2017 11:10 AM:

I suspect Adidas or Nike would charge the club a lot more for their shirts than Errea.

I''ve seen the ITFC deal with Adidas and it is not great for the binners. One of the aspects is an end of year penalty based around breaches of their contract - in turn based around players or staff being seen wearing non Adidas gear. If one of them is on social media wearing a Nike hat or similar - the club gets knocked for it. It applies to the Ladies team too.

I''m sure Errea have something similar, but there is a reason we use Errea and not Adidas!

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Don''t agree that our kit is poor quality, seems like just another stick to beat the club with.[/quote]

Errea = Matalan/Primark

Adidas/Nike = Hatters/Jonathan Trumbull

This little post is another great example of how many NCFC fans will put up with any old S@i@e.[/quote]I''m sure if you gave them the option Hatters/Jonathan Trumbull would sell an Italian niche range over some mass produced German/American goods.

This was the main point of the post, got a bit lost by the touchy feely fans.

Imagine how iconic that would look.

[quote user="simmo_2"]This was the main point of the post, got a bit lost by the touchy feely fans.

Imagine how iconic that would look.[/quote]Idea, buy a Brazil shirt and get your mum to sew a City emblem on it.

Of course Nike and Adidas kits made in Thailand and China are bound to be of superior quality to Italian manufactured Errea kits. And the Oeko Text standard that Errea has (but both Nike or Adidas don''t ) means nothing, unless you want the assurance that the shirts that you kids are running about contain no carcinogenic dyes.

You might want Adidas and Nike (all the big boys are wearing it) but please do not be fooled into thinking it is better quality than Errea. The deal was obviously an excellent one (not sure how many 8 year deals the club tends to enter into).

Following all the support on here for Errea I was surprised to find the list of clubs that wear Errea shirts. Surprisingly that as stated on here how the quality is so magnicent that only a few small clubs around europe wear them. But as everyone knows Errea are mostly famous for supplying Full Kits to Amateur clubs.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]How iconic would that look?

Not very, would just look like a Brazil shirt with a Norwich badge...[/quote]

Poor you, call yourself a football fan. Didn''t you realise Brazil have blue shorts and socks or just colour blind.