Sign in to follow this  
toftwood

Prediction v Villa

Realistically we are not playing well, particularly away, and our team is in need of a major overhaul... but we can always hope for one or two to put in a great winning performance. I reckon, on balance we will be lucky to come home with a draw.. i-1.

I''m trying to think how many times we''ve won there in the last 50 years. 92/93 and maybe once in the 80s? We lost a cup semi there and I saw us trounced by Leeds in an FA Cup second replay. Not a happy hunting ground that''s for sure.

Long overdue a result there, but there have turned a slight corner, as have we you could argue.

Whilst hoping for a win, I''ll go for a 1-1 draw. Just can''t us keeping a clean sheet, especially with Whittaker playing again.

Hope it''s a good match though, and the spring sun shines â›….

Let''s hope the break has dampened their revival. And helped our sick bay.

If we are serious about going for it until it is impossible then it has to be a win. 2-1 to us.

Meant to post in this thread and posted it in the other Villa thread by mistake, never mind

I ll go 1-2 to us

I predict Jerome will get another goal to prove even more the criticism of him has been absolutely absurd. Result? It is so hard to predict after an international break but can see us in true fashion, with the results going our way last week, failing to keep the momentum and prolonging the agony of ''can we make the playoffs''. I''ll go with 2-2.

Not much evidence to back a City win, and with no manager and the club in a little bit of hiatus at the moment it is hard to see the players really giving it their all. Having said that it is the first game after a couple of weeks Irvine without AN''s influence and Villa have even less to play for. Definitely goals (how Barnsley didn''t score a couple against us only they know), so I''m going, sadly 3-1 home win.

Same players, same coach, an unhappy hunting ground and a poor away record. An unlikely narrow way win.

A Canary win, with the board starting to realise that Alan Irvine is the man for the job, so they can call off their Europe-wide search for the next Neil Adams.

I predict a riot, if we lose, as the Board are too slow to appoint a new coach and make a go of the remaining games.

Technically not exactly a '' must win '' but realistically it is.Rubbish record at Villa Park and Steve Bruce seems to have turned the corner, at least for now. Luckily for us they''re not in the top ten and as LDC says hopefully Oliviera will be back to his best.That said I reckon it''ll pan out oh so predictably and we''ll leave there with a 2-1 loss.

Well I''m going with my young son so it''s a big game for an exiled ''plastic'' ;).

I live in the Midlands and work in Birmingham so know loads of Villa fans.

I am therefore hoping and praying for a win but would settle for a draw.

The good news is that, according to my mate, recently they have been setting up quite defensively and dont have much pace - something our defence cant handle so thats a real bonus and gives me more hope!