Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Club To Offer Half Price Tickets For Villa Game

Surely then they haven''t failed to notice how riled the support currently is with this ''half price ticket'' stint.

I appreciate the gesture - won''t act on it.

[quote user="Morgan"]Surely then they haven''t failed to notice how riled the support currently is with this ''half price ticket'' stint.

I appreciate the gesture - won''t act on it.[/quote]

Disgusting offer. Only offer that is acceptable is that the Stowmarket 2 selling the club

Boycott the game and use the money to buy a pitchfork

Morgan wrote the following post at 09/03/2017 4:05 PM:

What use would you have for money - you''re a Chihuahua

He''s not a Chihuahua

He''s THE Chihuahua

Well I''m in Nottingham, so I could go to Villa away, however, having shelled out nearly £40 for a ticket + petrol etc to go to Hillsborough and watch that performance, I think I''ll keep my £15 quid and day of my time, to be honest.
Given our away record this season, £1.50 would seem steep just to watch us inevitably play $hit, go 3-0 down and then bring on Bassong and Bennett to move into a 6-4-0 formation and protect our loss.
I''d be tempted if we were going to just play the kids, or AN showed any sort of intent to try and win a game by making positive changes when the chips are down but I''m not interested in going to watch the same old drivel.
Nice of the club to make this generous offer rewarding our loyal support when the season is dead and buried, and we''ve barely picked up a point away from home though.
Wonder whether they''d be doing this if we weren''t $hit and were in the mix for a playoff place? Somehow doubt it.
Thanks but no thanks. 

Never seen us win at Villa Park despite numerous visits. That doesn''t make it a particularly special ground though as there are quite a few I''ve visited multiple times without seeing us win. Some without seeing us score a goal.

It is just this year that we''re shite away though, isn''t it?

🙈

Remember going to Villa Park in the 70''s with my son for a night game, flew up from the old Norwich Airport Terminal and came back with the team. Must have been a cup game as Villa were a good side in those days.

Anyone with details of that game please post

Went there for a night game against Leeds in 73 maybe? FA Cup 2nd replay. We lost heavily 5-0. Sniffer Clarke got a hat-trick. Keelan was prob our motm too.

[quote user="kick it off"]Well I''m in Nottingham, so I could go to Villa away, however, having shelled out nearly £40 for a ticket + petrol etc to go to Hillsborough and watch that performance, I think I''ll keep my £15 quid and day of my time, to be honest.
Given our away record this season, £1.50 would seem steep just to watch us inevitably play $hit, go 3-0 down and then bring on Bassong and Bennett to move into a 6-4-0 formation and protect our loss.
I''d be tempted if we were going to just play the kids, or AN showed any sort of intent to try and win a game by making positive changes when the chips are down but I''m not interested in going to watch the same old drivel.
Nice of the club to make this generous offer rewarding our loyal support when the season is dead and buried, and we''ve barely picked up a point away from home though.
Wonder whether they''d be doing this if we weren''t $hit and were in the mix for a playoff place? Somehow doubt it.
Thanks but no thanks. 
[/quote]
To be fair KIO I''m pretty sure the club have made similar offers when we''ve been in contention for the play offs.

[quote user="kick it off"]Well I''m in Nottingham, so I could go to Villa away, however, having shelled out nearly £40 for a ticket + petrol etc to go to Hillsborough and watch that performance, I think I''ll keep my £15 quid and day of my time, to be honest.
Thanks but no thanks. 
[/quote]
Sometimes I make good decisions.

After Rotherham and Burton I said enough, away games are a complete waste of time for us, Villa would have been easy to get to for me, very glad I skipped it.

[quote user="Ginja"]After Rotherham and Burton I said enough, away games are a complete waste of time for us, Villa would have been easy to get to for me, very glad I skipped it.[/quote]
Sheff Weds away killed any desire I had to go to another away game this season.