Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Irvine goes on to win the next two games....

I wonder what we might feel with two away wins in the next week about Alan Irvine as a real choice? Too short termist a view to take? Players seemingly playing for someone they respect? Not even marked change for the restructuring but a partial evolution? April Fool day joke? He has quietly gone about his business with measured comments (which we might expect) but his earlier comments about leaving for Norfolk and his enjoyment of the challenge indicate ambition too. I''m not being an advocate for him here but pointing out some credit should we win ( let''s face it we would get amazing high odds for winning our next two matches away given our record). Any thoughts on Irvine? Not seen any really formulated views on him on this forum or elsewhere apart from throwaway lines about him being bound to be here until the end of the season because we won''t have selected the new head coach by then.

Can only go on what I''ve seen from him and his record as manager. Likeable and level headed by the looks of things, maybe doesn''t want the pressure of being a manager long term - but if successful this week and we beat Villa and Huddersfield, we will suddenly be reaching the kinds of results and performances that we would have expected from this squad, so who knows?   Nothing beats success and if we got promoted too, then why not?  After all we are looking for a head coach not a manager, so he fits that description ok.   

Not sure if you were at the Barnsley game Sonyc, but judging by our defending and the chances we gave them I wouldn''t be unduly concerned about us winning the next two games .

Mr Irvine said that he wouldn''t be applying for the manager''s/coach position......But, would he actually accept the job if he was offered the role? I think he''ll be in charge not just for the next couple of games but will probably be running the team until May.....

I also think that if he gets decent results between now and the last game against QPR (and if by good fortune we make the play-offs) he''ll definitely be here next season......If Mr Irvine was intending to leave City......he''d have gone when AN was relieved of his duties.....Just a personal opinion.....I think the NCFC Board would also hope he does achieve some success during his short tenure.....

Haha hear you CanaryKing. I have a sneaky feeling we just might get a result today at Villa Park. A judgement utterly without logic. But at least now It''s after 12 noon.

There''s more chance of Lord Lucan being appointed Sporting Director than we have of winning the next two games.Still, I can''t help but admire some people''s blind optimism.

[quote user="Number 9"]1) Neil mk2

2) Thinks he''s too important to apply for the job.

Get rid.[/quote]

Dear oh dear, if you read what Alan Irvine said regarding applying for the job, then you''d know why he''s not putting himself forward personally. Respect to the man.

He''ll get the job regardless of what happens in the next 3 games, knowing our board that''s most likely to happen!

The 2 game winning ''run'' is not looking a great bet at the moment! Yet we have been the better team. Not over yet however.

You rarely go on to win a match when you are losing at half time ☹

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Number 9"]1) Neil mk2

2) Thinks he''s too important to apply for the job.

Get rid.[/quote]

Dear oh dear, if you read what Alan Irvine said regarding applying for the job, then you''d know why he''s not putting himself forward personally. Respect to the man.[/quote]

I watched him say it more than once and I have read his interviews.

Get rid

Well we don''t have to worry about this scenario anymore, end of this season can''t come soon enough.

Well with another capitulation and defensive horror show don''t think Irvine will be the man. Is it a coincidence that since he arrived at the club things got considerably worse!

[quote user="sonyc"]Haha hear you CanaryKing. I have a sneaky feeling we just might get a result today at Villa Park. A judgement utterly without logic. But at least now It''s after 12 noon.[/quote]

We did get a result today

WE LOST AGAIN