Sign in to follow this  
frozy

Football to Amsterdam 2017 Cycle Ride For Prostrate Cancer Uk

Hi all would just like to promote this charity cycle ride I''m doing on 9th June this year for prostrate cancer. It''s 145 miles from London to Amsterdam along with a couple of hundred other football fans . At present I''m the only Norwich fan and season ticket holder doing the ride and am looking for your support please! If you can help in anyway would be great as it''s not only 145 miles but I also have to put up with about 10 Ipswich fans and Terry Butcher !

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/David-Frosdick

I will go on the site and make a donation.

I am having my prostate removed on Monday and will have the cancer removed from my body before it spreads. I will be one of the lucky ones.

And I would urge any male over 50 to get it checked out.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I will go on the site and make a donation.

I am having my prostate removed on Monday and will have the cancer removed from my body before it spreads. I will be one of the lucky ones.

And I would urge any male over 50 to get it checked out.[/quote]I would but don''t like the way doctors check on it !   Think I''ll wait ''till I''m showing one of the signs

Good luck I hope it all goes well Keelansgrandad and you''re right get checked out regularly it''s worth it

[quote user="Greavsy"]Good luck keelans, hope all goes well.[/quote]

Thanks mate. I have met the surgeon and know I''m in good hands. And he uses a robot, called Da Vinci, which is so accurate.

Six weeks with lifting nothing heavier than a kettle. I''ll go stir crazy!

Surely lifting the kettle is a job for keelansgrandma?

To look after you, as you recover?

[quote user="frozy"]Good luck I hope it all goes well Keelansgrandad and you''re right get checked out regularly it''s worth it[/quote]

Just donated mate. It appears as Wendy.

Thankyou very much for the donation Keelansgrandad you make sure you don''t lift the kettle too soon

[quote user="Greavsy"]Surely lifting the kettle is a job for keelansgrandma?

To look after you, as you recover?[/quote]

Well once the prostate goes I won''t be needing her for the other business that''s for sure.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Swindon, please get yourself checked, it''s not that bad really.[/quote]

Quite right. It isn''t about a finger up the khyber anymore. It''s about PSA tests and scans.

Mind you biopsies, especially bone ones and cystoscopies are a bit invasive they numb you.

I don''t want to hear that someone on here has died because they hadn''t bothered checking.

I have two sons, nine grandchildren and four great grandchildren who will be hearing me prattle on about NCFC for another decade yet thanks to going for a check up.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Greavsy"]Good luck keelans, hope all goes well.[/quote]

Thanks mate. I have met the surgeon and know I''m in good hands. And he uses a robot, called Da Vinci, which is so accurate.

Six weeks with lifting nothing heavier than a kettle. I''ll go stir crazy![/quote]He was pretty handy with a paintbrush so I guess it''s a similar skill :)Seriously though I hope it goes well. A friend of mine had the same procedure in Addenbrookes and he''s fine now.There are worse punishments than being waited on hand and foot for a few weeks....

Haha im taking my armbands for the North Sea just in case thankyou for your donation

I urge anyone who is showing signs of hesitation, or being unable to go after sitting down for a while, just doing little dribbles instead of a strong stream, or who goes several times a night, or who needs to know exactly where the toilets are in a theatre etc and plans their seat accordingly, to seek a Doctors advice. Especially if you are of a certain age.

The above was me and thankfully had an enlarged prostate diagnosed and removed, and thankfully not cancerous.

Too many men have a hang up about anything waterworks related.

Believe me a finger up your arris is the least of your problems.

Happy to report I now pi55 like a racehorse, can hold my drink and stop my stream at will.

Great cause, good luck with your bike ride.

Thankyou Lessingham for your donation and il give it my best to beat those tractor boys don''t you worry

Fozy - when you beat them, would you like a star for your Lycra????😨😨😨😨

Good luck KG, Cancer is no longer a death sentence. When I was first diagnosed with Non Hogkins I naturally panicked but I''ve been living with it for nearly 8 years and I''m still going.Maybe not strong but I''m still going.All the best for your op.[Y]

[quote user="frozy"]Thanks SwindonCanary for your donation and il make sure I''ve plenty of padding[/quote]I know because of experience. After the Falklands war some of us Navy lads did a cycle around Britain, visiting all the home ports of the ship that went down. Straight off a ship and then 2 weeks on a bike -- My rear end was tender !

[quote user="ricardo"]Good luck KG, Cancer is no longer a death sentence. When I was first diagnosed with Non Hogkins I naturally panicked but I''ve been living with it for nearly 8 years and I''m still going.Maybe not strong but I''m still going.All the best for your op.[Y][/quote]

Thanks. You are so right. If we become too frightened of cancer we won''t fulfil our lives.

Mine is being removed, hopefully totally and within a couple of months I will be fully active again. Be prepared for some teasey posts though as I will be going stir crazy,

But I will look forward to your reports as ever. Keep up the good work.

Just to say to you Keelansgrandad, I hope all goes well for you on Monday. You''ll be in good hands, well the robot will and I am sure all will be well.

I had a session with the same robot (same procedure) at the end of last year and the outcome has been really good. I''d be interested to hear if you have the same consultant as I had, what''s his surname begin with?

Very best wishes.