Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Villa v City Match thread

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Ok, I give up.

Remaining optimism gone, no chance of playoffs now[/quote]

Are the only one who had any optimism before today

Yet another red card in an away game.

There was never a chance. The pattern was set early and never looked like changing. Defensive frailty was not addressed.

I am now resign to the fact that the playoffs have gone with Pinto red carded and Irvine given another two games.Well done to the Board, what a F@ck up, they played a blinder this season.

Fitting that our play off hopes have gone and we concede another simple goal

You would have thought that Irvine would have tried something different, but it''s the sameness problems with different players and now different managers

Looking at the clubs coming down and the money being spent by Championship clubs, difficult to see us bouncing back soon

Not heard Irvine make a big statement about wanting to improve how we defend so not really surprising the usual has applied.

How the hell have we managed to accumulate so many useless tools that masquerade as footballers?

You''d be hard pushed to get a return on this squad at a local car boot sale....

I don''t understand the anger at this late stage. Auto''s had gone by November and goals conceded by Xmas made playoffs unlikely.

It''s still a shame to see the season fizzle out. In a way, I''m glad people still care enough to be angry about it.Just shows how damaging that long run without a win was. But it''s our away form that has been our achilles heel.

Hopefully this will show the deluded optimists that play offs are over. With that run in November and our non existent away form a miracle was always needed.

On Wednesday the team should include the likes of Maddison, Godfrey and Ramsey! It''s time to see how good our youngsters are now

Fully agree BaldyBoy. Write the season off and blood the Kidd. I''d even think about calling Cantwell etc up to the main squad for rest of season.

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 01/04/2017 5:16 PM:

On Wednesday the team should include the likes of Maddison, Godfrey and Ramsey! It''s time to see how good our youngsters are now

👍

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 01/04/2017 5:14 PM:

Hopefully this will show the deluded optimists that play offs are over. With that run in November and our non existent away form a miracle was always needed.

Bloomin well hope so Hans, wouldn''t want any hint of optimism any near our club 👍