Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Villa v City Match thread

TEAM: McGovern; Pinto, Bennett, Martin (c), Whittaker; Tettey, Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Howson, Pritchard; Jerome.SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Naismith, Oliveira, Klose, Wildschut, Maddison, Jo. Murphy.

I like the line up today away from home against a revitalised villa. Hopefully with dorrans in the middle we can control the pace and can release Jerome and Jacob on the counter too, oh and Howson not too bad when 25 yards from goal either.

Also Morris is starting for Rotherham today so will be keeping an ear out for his performance today against Fulham.

McGovernPinto, Bennett, Martin (c), Whittaker;                  Tettey, Dorrans     Ja. Murphy, Howson, Pritchard                       Jerome.Presume this formation?

Actually was the team I had in mind, Bristol. God I wouldn''t trust my selections. Anyway, barnsley equalizer (phew) made a nice start to the weekend. Can we prolong the playoff hopes with a result today?

Liking the starting XI, always good to see Pritch getting to do his thing. Howson at CAM im a little worried about, but I am sure he''s there to cover Villa''s attacking mid to try to break up their movement.

Any one know of any streams/radio broadcasts? I am looking around and for some reason the only stream is Brentford v Bristol...how they have a stream and Norwich v Villa doesnt is beyond me...

[quote user="ron obvious"]Well done Barnsley! It''s up to us now ...[/quote]

Bloody hell Ron, that''s great news! - I''d stopped following the game after 90mins and presumed Sheff Weds had won, result!

Same old rubbish, different day. Giving the ball away cheaply then conceding. Utterly pathetic

Nothing has changed whatsoever. Same old tactics, same old mistakes. Top six, absolutely no chance. Better getting our own house in order and the new staff in immediately instead I''d persisting in this dire manner.

I am actually surprised anyone thought we were going there today and get a result considering how our season has been

Have we gone a goal down and ended up winning a game this season?

I suspect not.....so looks like we''re now playing for a solitary point.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Have we lost already?[/quote]

Given our dire away form, you can''t blame people for being a tad pessimistic really

9 shots versus 6 and also 63% of possession in our favour. Familiar territory because of our usual defence problem. If only. Yet it is not over at all.

Changes at half-time. IMO

Murphy Dorrans off

Klose, Oliveira on

Play 3-5-2

Martin Bennett Klose

Pinto Tettey Whitaker

Howson Pritchard

Oliviera Jerome

Bring Widschut on if Whitaker can''t deliver on the left.

Plenty of time yet, but you can forgive those who reckon it''s the same old same old; imo the new set up does have plenty to work with - as it should, given we were in the PL last season - but it is painfully clear what needs addressing.

Even if we go 2-1 up with a minute left it will still end up 2-2 - I am sorry but I have lost all faith