Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Red Cards

How many have we actually had this season? Pinto, Dijks, Olsson, Brady, Oliveira and Howson, can''t remember if any others had them but that''s a terrible amount isn''t it?

We were just discussing that on the coach on the way back, we only got 5 though.

Think you''re right with those baldyboy.

Pinto was in good company today as there were 13 red cards littered around the Football League today.

Personality, but only seen at the game, I think pintos was fair today, 2 yellows rather than a straight red.

I think lansbury was close to going too, and why villa took off.

With Tettey having two suspensions also shows just what a lack of discipline there is currently at the Club!

For a team that has shown so little fight and bottle this season, six red cards is a commendable achievement.

Is it possible that we top the '' red card '' league?

I think Forest are top of that. One of their players has 3?

Last time I looked the binners and Wigan had none. So that doesn''t really work either...

So we''re in the top six when it comes to red cards. Well, that''s something to be proud of.

I really don''t think it amounts to anything. It''s one of those where if we were in the bottom six it people would use the stat the other way and say we weren''t competive enough. Interesting that the top six in the fair play league are all below us in the league table.

To be honest, especially away from home, we''ve been wandering a bit without a definitive plan and look like a really disorganised squad. We''re just a collection of players with no real cohesion or unity. I don''t think players are purposefully getting sent off but rather a symptom of our indiscipline and lack of structure on the pitch.

Lakey - The disciplinary stats are here, we''ve got the 4th worst record for yellows/red cards

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB2/saison_id/2016/plus/1

Top four? Even better better. A few more late tackles from Dijks on his return and we can surely squeeze into the top two.🏆

This really is nuts. There''s plenty of sticks that matter much more. And I really wouldn''t want to be among the clubs at the top of that table.

Don''t think the Ref''s helped, he could have easily sent off Lansbury or Jedinak earlier on but started giving out yellows only later in the match

Right at the end, i think after their 2nd, Naismith was in the centre circle, and the villa player beat him, with another running through, Naismith kicked out at both, from the floor. Certainly intent there, but didn''t connect. Would in my opinion been off if he did connect as would have been malicious. I''ll put it down to frustration though.