Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Time to be positive - Playoffs are on!

Just had a read of one of the Villa forums to see what they think about the game on Saturday. Interestingly, many of them think they''re still in with a shout of playoffs.

We''re 6 points ahead of them.

Now either they''re really f*cking stupid (entirely possible) or we''re a bunch of miserable b*stards (also entirely possible).

Which one is it?

[quote user="hogesar"]Just had a read of one of the Villa forums to see what they think about the game on Saturday. Interestingly, many of them think they''re still in with a shout of playoffs.

We''re 6 points ahead of them.

Now either they''re really f*cking stupid (entirely possible) or we''re a bunch of miserable b*stards (also entirely possible).

Which one is it?[/quote]
I think both entirely possible options are entirely possible and not entirely exclusive...
[;)]

I wouldn''t say stupid, more deluded and entitled. Villa fans are one of the worst for believing they are a much bigger club than they actually are. I worked with a Villa fan who was entirely certain they would finish top of the league and anyone who disagreed didn''t understand football. I''ve got £100 with him on them finishing above us so I really hope they don''t find a late run of form.

We have a chance.

Villa haven''t got a chance - but they can end our chances.

I''m not one for predictions & points per game theories etc, but IF we can get 4 points from Villa (win) & Huddersfield (draw), and back that up with 2 home wins (against promotion rivals, not likely based on this season, but essential if we want to get in the playoffs) then we will be in with a great shout going into the last 4 games

Of course it is possible.

But this is a football forum and whether we are positive or negative about our chances will have no effect on the outcome.

If we didn''t expect to win every game it would be strange but reality and the laws of probability say otherwise.

If villa won every game they had remaining they could only get to 75 points. 75 points might not even get you into the top 6 this season.

Deluded.

We won''t get play offs, not a chance. Would probably need 6 wins from 8 games. Not with visits to Leeds, Huddersfield, Villa & Preston and tricky home games vs Fulham, Reading & Brighton.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 29/03/2017 6:09 PM:

Deluded optimism.

Is the villa fan called lake district villain? 😉

I''m a deluded City fan, it''s sad some of you may think, but as a fan I still want to give my team my full support and belief that we will succeed. Sorry about that😀

People saying we have to win nearly every one of our remaining games... do we already know what the likes of Fulham and Wednesday are going to do then for the rest of the season?

Looking ahead there''s some tricky fixtures - but for all teams. Another win against Villa and the players will find even more belief whilst simultaneously keeping the pressure on those around us, if not gaining further ground. There isn''t a team in that league that will not be aware we have genuine threat throughout our team, regardless of form - it is there.

Way too many pessimists within City supporters, seriously, I don''t think it''s likely but missing out on the top 6 is not a given at this point of the season - so it''s absolutely pointless being on a downer until the play offs are actually impossible, not before! What the hell is the point otherwise?

Never say never and support the team. Adopt a leaver attitude rather than remoaner.

Treat every game as a cup game and do not accept draws !!!!!

I think the form book answers that question. We are poor away, they are poor at home. A draw I feel.

One thing is for sure - if we do somehow make the playoffs, we are surely going to be the form team going into them.

Ian wrote the following post at 30/03/2017 8:14 AM:

One thing is for sure - if we do somehow make the playoffs, we are surely going to be the form team going into them.

Indeed Ian, it is a long shot isn''t it, but the one advantage we do have is that the pressure has been lifted with the lowering of expectations, maybe, just maybe that will help us play.

It''s the teams in the top six who will be feeling the heat and getting nervous and we approach h the end of the season.

[quote user="Van Klomp"]Ian wrote the following post at 30/03/2017 8:14 AM:

Indeed Ian, it is a long shot isn''t it, but the one advantage we do have is that the pressure has been lifted with the lowering of expectations, maybe, just maybe that will help us play.

It''s the teams in the top six who will be feeling the heat and getting nervous and we approach h the end of the season.[/quote]

This ^^^  Pressure is something that gets to all teams in a tight situation and we are in the position of almost having nothing to lose.  Should we get in amongst them then the pressure on us will increase, but it will be welcome pressure because we know we are in with a good chance.  But we have to get in there first!

Fact : One solitary win against a top ten side - Derby - all season.Six of the teams in our last eight games are currently in the top ten.

Fact : We haven''t won at Villa for 25 years and it''s never been a place to pick up points.Dream on by all means but it ain''t gonna happen......

The real sickener would be if the teams above us drop points and our rabble are just going through the motions thinking about their hols in Dubai or Florida and failing to capitalize on this stroke of luck.If our team is motivated enough to really go for it from now on then it would put enormous pressure on the teams currently in the play off postions.Fans won''t tolerate another no show against the Vile.

Anyone feeling positive about us getting into the play-offs is a Brexiteer thinking we''ll get something out of leaving Europe now we''re leaving. Cloud F''ing Cuckooland.

Oops wrong thread.

[quote user="City 2nd"]I think the form book answers that question. We are poor away, they are poor at home. A draw I feel.[/quote]

Can''t argue with us being poor away, but disagree that they are poor at home. They have only lost 2 league games at home all season - albeit they were both in succession in February. They are also top of the form table with 5 wins in their last 6.

Clearly any fan would ordinarily love for NCFC to squeeze into play offs and get promoted. Apart from this looking extremely unlikely I also hope it doesn''t happen just to clear the decks. Some players unfortunately have lost the fight after the yo yo seasons.

Players to go:-

Bassong , Klose , mulumbu, Lafferty, Jarvis, Bennett, turner, Martin,

Sincerely hope with the sporting director we can for once have a successful summer and get the major squad overhaul complete ready for next season. Sometimes you need such disappointment as this season overall to reboot/regenerate in order to take the club forwards again