Sign in to follow this  
GPs Beard

Sack The Board

Haven''t heard that sung at CR for many years. Sad in the extreme .How the board have allowed effectively a pre season friendly to take place with so many games to go is criminal.

You know it''s a dead game when they stick Hooper on it .

What high profile manager would even be interested in mid table championship side ?? Mark McGhee ? Mark Warburton that''s a laugh lol. The guy from the wonder years .Fred savage is available

[quote user="Nemzadze"]What high profile manager would even be interested in mid table championship side ?? Mark McGhee ? Mark Warburton that''s a laugh lol. The guy from the wonder years .Fred savage is available[/quote]

Well lucky for us there aren''t any thick Jocks left to become managers down here where it does get light.

A quite astonishing run of events. Sack a manger . Leave the coach in charge who doesn''t show any ambition in even asking for the job

Play exactly the same way as before - no change in system.

Add into it the smoke and mirrors nonsense of a "restructure" whilst in effect giving up on a season with 12 games to go! We could easily have caught Sheff Wed as Fulham have with any sort of decent run.

S top pissing around and go and get a new manager. What''s so hard about that ? Have we mentioned the Norwich Way lately ? That''s usually in the spin somewhere . Anyone would think we have a politician as a spokesman. Maybe Alastair Campbell is free too.

What a horrible , depressing season. All concerned should hang their heads in shame.

[quote user="GPs Beard"]A quite astonishing run of events. Sack a manger . Leave the coach in charge who doesn''t show any ambition in even asking for the job

Add into it the smoke and mirrors nonsense of a "restructure" whilst in effect giving up on a season with 12 games to go! We could easily have caught Sheff Wed as Fulham have with any sort of decent run.

S top pissing around and go and get a new manager. What''s so hard about that ? Have we mentioned the Norwich Way lately ? That''s usually in the spin somewhere . Anyone would think we have a politician as a spokesman. Maybe Alastair Campbell is free too.

What a horrible , depressing season. All concerned should hang their heads in shame.[/quote][Y]It does make the hurry up in sacking AN seem very strange if there was no intention of making an effort to at least give it a go at getting into the play offs. Same old,same old as it was prior to his sacking.I thought changes would be made to our set up and style of play with the youngsters being blooded but obviously i thought wrong. Depressing does not even begin to cover it. [:|]

What a horrible, depressing post! The smoke and mirrors nonsense of a ''restructure''? Stop pissing around and get a new manager? If you don''t see the reasons behind what the board is doing, if you don''t understand the factors accounting for our failure to do better than yo-yo over the last five years, and the way the restructuring is a start to properly addressing them, you are condemning yourself to enduring misery instead of being heartened and excited about the modernisation of our club and what the next few seasons hold in store. Maybe the thread on whether supporters need restructuring had justification after all, though focussing wrongly on fans'' expectations and a lack of realism.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="GPs Beard"]A quite astonishing run of events. Sack a manger . Leave the coach in charge who doesn''t show any ambition in even asking for the job

What a horrible , depressing season. All concerned should hang their heads in shame.[/quote][Y]It does make the hurry up in sacking AN seem very strange if there was no intention of making an effort to at least give it a go at getting into the play offs. Same old,same old as it was prior to his sacking.I thought changes would be made to our set up and style of play with the youngsters being blooded but obviously i thought wrong. Depressing does not even begin to cover it. [:|][/quote]

Come on JT, they made the decision that you, I and most others I speak to wanted in relieving AN of his post. They did so once any chance of the play offs (realistically) was gone. They gave their man EVERY opportunity.

As such, irrespective of soundbites in press conferences, they, like most of us, saw that this season was gone. I suggested at the time that Irvine may well see the season out; we''re looking at a change of ethos and if we''re to make a success of it, it''s imperative that the sporting director is in place prior to the appointment of a head coach.

Webber appears to be the man gardening in the chair; we''ve been aggressive and looked to make that happen but we are as bound by law and legislation (something I''m sure you appreciate) as any other company making radical changes and headhunting.

I don''t like losing (ask my dad, I put a hole in a snooker room door once) but being overly critical at this juncture is petty and pointless.

Let''s just hope we get Webber in ASAP, bring in a new, forward thinking coach and jettison the flotsam, jetsam and Ryan Bennettsam that continue to blight our performances.

Bennett isn''t the only one btw but I''ve rarely seen someone so incompetent be rated by so many outside the world of politics.

Am I the only person that''s doesn''t really give a toss about the new structure?

Who can get excited about ''modernisation'' of the club like that?

It''s football. The only thing that should matter is winning. The only reason we are following this new structure is because we simply cannot compete financially in the Championship with most teams

Yes in total agreement Duncan that people wanted and me included AN to be dismissed but i honestly thought that it would bring a fresh approach albeit under AI for the remainder of the season with changes to the way we approached games and the likes of Maddison and other youngsters given game time but instead we have continued to plough the same furrow week in and week out.

Agree Duncan/Til

You would have thought that Alan Irvine would have at least tried.

It''s like we have a supply teacher who sits there and tells you to do whatever you did last lesson instead of actually teaching.

Maybe if he was given until the end of the season he would have done, but on a week to week basis is there much point of trying to coach different tactics?

It was always going to be the same as Irvine was part of the old set up, I don''t much care for the restructuring as I don''t trust the board to do much right, they couldn''t even get the sacking of neil right. We should have got the new man in place to give him plenty of time to look at the players we''ve got and see who he fancies and who to get shot of. Instead we may be getting Webber and an other sometime or we may just aimlessly carry on with Irvine nobody knows. But it is making a joke of a season even worse if that''s possible. Absolute amateur handling of this which makes it even less likely they''ll get the restructuring right.

[quote user="Van Klomp"]My new City shirt will be having New Structure emblazoned across the back.[/quote]Does that mean you will be keeping the same username all next season then Winky ? [:D][:P][;)]

People talk about modernisation of the club but forget that our board are stuck in the 90s thanks to out of date owners! Until the board is modernised by having someone with a fresh forward thinking football knowledge then the new structure is doomed to failure in my opinion!

Can''t disagree Baldyboy, new structure or not we will still struggle with finances in a few years - look what the run-of-the-mill Championship teams (Wolves, Derby, Wednesday etc) are paying for players now, we are miles behind that

Why does everyone forget that you cannot sack the board. They own the club and the only way they will be replaced is if someone buys their shares

Just for the record - I started the thread and you need to read the first post . I didn''t suggest sacking the board .

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 01/04/2017 7:13 PM:

Van Klomp wrote:

My new City shirt will be having New Structure emblazoned across the back.

Does that mean you will be keeping the same username all next season then Winky ? Big Smile [:D]Stick out tongue [:P]Wink [;)]

That all depends on how the mood takes me Tilly. Trust your enjoying the conviviality 😀👍😉

[quote user="Felixfan"]Why does everyone forget that you cannot sack the board. They own the club and the only way they will be replaced is if someone buys their shares[/quote]

I don''t think people think the board will be or could be sacked, it''s more a way to voice displeasure at their poor leadership and lack of communication in the main, good to let them know.

On the way to Villa Park yesterday overheard a group of villians talking on the train. A guy said he felt Bruce needed another 3 seasons before mounting a promotion push. Many fans hold realistic views, yet we tend to get the ''sack the board'' mentality on this type of forum.