Sign in to follow this  
he

Players

So the players don''t perform under Alex Neil, and now they don''t perform under Alan Irvine. Hope many of them are gone during the much needed summer clear out

Irvine has hardly changed anything though has he. It''s the same rigid formation, with the same tactical issues, with no effort put in to improving the defence.

Is no surprise the players haven''t picked up, it''s the same sh!t, different week.

The club publicly gave up on the playoffs a few weeks back - why should the players suddenly care, especially when they have been criticised in the press themselves and told their jobs are under threat

Agreed, and in fact have been saying so for ages. Ideally it should have happened in January but of course we didn''t have the advantage then of a big group being out of contract.But IMO would have made sense to let Alex Neil do the clearing out as he obviously intended to - think he had a far better view of who should go and who should stay than any new manager will have.Next season could very easily be a re-run of this one if people still think, as many seem to, that this squad is capable of promototion and the only thing stopping it was Alex Neil.For me, it is the complete opposite - Alex Neil could have got us back up but not with this squad and neither will anyone else.

So let me get this right.

Alex Neil should have been allowed to dismantle this squad and rebuild a new squad - have you seen his record in the transfer window?

Alex Neil would not have got us promoted.

Whether it is AN in charge or AI it is still the same $hite but in a different bucket.

I''ve seen his record in the Championship, and actually he got us promoted.So if your opinion is he couldn''t repeat it then fair enough, but that''s all it is.His record, whether you like it or not, says its very likely that he would,

This is Alex Neil''s squad. They didn''t play for him and that should tell you all you need to know.

Alex Neil got promotion with Neil Adam''s squad. When he tried to improve it he failed dismally. He has left us without a goalkeeper or a centre back who is fit for purpose in the Championship - how are we expected to win games without a defence?

It''s pretty obvious to everyone who needs to go - the new Head Coach will have that sorted in about a fortnight.

Completely disagree Creative Midfielder.

If our players aren''t capable then how do you explain the good performances - where we''ve torn teams apart and looked a step above the majority of the other sides? We''ve been the engineers of our own demise completely, showing great play and cutting edge in spells but countering it with poor defensive concentration and inconsistency. How can an entire team suddenly become so error prone and weak at the back? Even last season we were nowhere near this bad in the prem!

Still believe we have the players imo. This is largely the same squad who put together the promotion run under AN before, and arguably even a stronger side now! 2 years should not make that much difference to an entire team, we certainly need to invest in some new players but I don''t think we need anything like the clear-out some appear to be suggesting.

For me, I''d like to see us go all out in getting the right manager in, that would be our best transfer move for next season.

Wagner in if Huddersfield don''t go up!

Creative Midfielder wrote the following post at 2017-04-01 9:49

..........But IMO would have made sense to let Alex Neil do the clearing out as he obviously intended to - think he had a far better view of who should go and who should stay than any new manager will have.

All any new manager has to do is watch the videos of a few matches (how about Brighton, Wednesday, Rotherham or QPR away, and Leeds, Huddersfield and Blackburn at home, for starters) ......he''ll soon know who he needs to ship out then!!

Serious case of selective vision.

1. I said record in transfer window - i.e. The money he has wasted on transfers. Why would we give him even more?

2. Are we forgetting this season when saying he would get us promoted, based on his record?

Well I certainly look forward to us appointing a new manager who doesn''t ''waste'' money on transfers because I''ve been watching for over 50 years and I''ve yet to see a manager here, or anywhere else, that doesn''t get some wrong.Fans having blind faith in players though, is much more common.

He got most of his transfers wrong though- both in terms of the individuals signed and the overall squad balance. I honestly can''t fathom how in his time at the club Neil signed 4 different players to play the number 10 role yet only one centre back.