Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

What do you find more vexing?

Pete and his "Look we lost today, I told you we rubbish" attitudeorLDC and his "We''re gonna win today despite not showing a single sign this season that we''re capable of doing that" attitude.For me it''s a dead heat.

Yup, agree with Howie, I''d prefer to give up on football entirely than be a miserable pessimistic scrote wallowing in glee at every bad thing that happens.

It''s not that simple at all.

Look at the table. That is the reality. Accepting that reality is often difficult but never the less it remains the reality.

Wishing and hoping in the face of that reality is ultimately a pointless exercise.

"Look we lost today, I told you we rubbish"

Well that''s how most people have felt since about October. Rightly so.

The only thing I find vexing is the amount of time it has taken for the fact to sink in that perming the existing defenders in the hope of coming up with an effective combination is not going to work. New blood is badly needed right across the back four.

Until we concede at fewer than one goal per game we can forget any hope of regaining Premier status.

LDC is a good supporter even if I don''t always agree with his unfounded positivity.

The Pete character is a permamoaner that wallows in misery. It''s a no from me.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Pete and his "Look we lost today, I told you we rubbish" attitudeorLDC and his "We''re gonna win today despite not showing a single sign this season that we''re capable of doing that" attitude.For me it''s a dead heat.[/quote]

Yet another poster who puts his own spin on what I write.  I never say "we''re gonna win".  It is more often to say we COULD win today.  And we COULD have got something out of the game today by all accounts had Oliveira scored when he should have done.  Just wallow in your sorrow and depression about the club if you like - for me the next game is all that matters - and the hope that we will win and the knowledge that we COULD win it.  Only a fool says "we are going to win today"and I am no fool. Looking at the next fixtures I''ll go as far as saying we could beat Huddersfield - and Derby could beat Fulham and we could be back to four points from sixth place and it would still be on.  Are we likely to beat Huddersfield - of course not, but stranger things have happened.  I will continue to hope that we find some form - but that doesn''t mean I am optimistic about it.  As Alex said on a different thread - it''s about hope, not optimism - and if you can''t hope for an improvement or see that it is possible, then I don''t really know why you follow the club at all. Getting down about things is one thing, none of us likes to see us struggle, but losing hope that things could improve is something else.  The next match starts 0-0 and could go either way.  That is all that matters.

[:''(] Oh for goodness sake Lakey stop doing this to yourself mate. Based on our track record this season it is like saying the next F1 race in China could be one by a beat up old Ford Mondeo. It could but it won''t.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][:''(] Oh for goodness sake Lakey stop doing this to yourself mate. Based on our track record this season it is like saying the next F1 race in China could be one by a beat up old Ford Mondeo. It could but it won''t.[/quote]

I''ve been thinking like that since I started

watching City in the late 60''s Tilly.  We are past masters at getting in the sh*t,but

often do our best when least expected.  Never give up hope!

LDc, I agree that "The next match starts 0-0 and could go either way. That is all that matters."

I am an optimistic person myself, but the fact of the matter this season is that our defense has been absolutely woeful, and we''ve stuck with them (without a defensive coach) all season.

We start at 0-0, but these days the only hope you get is if you get the sweepstake right in when the opposition will score first!

We need a complete overhaul of defense next season

Not even close.

Any poster who appears to wallow in delight when we lose or underachieve by starting Groundhog Day threads telling us what we know or can see for ourselves are the worst kind.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Not even close.

Any poster who appears to wallow in delight when we lose or underachieve by starting Groundhog Day threads telling us what we know or can see for ourselves are the worst kind.[/quote]Which surely means Big Vince and Keith Scott will be along before the weekend is over ?

We all support the club in our own way, apart from the binners on here of course.

Why not be optimistic if that''s what you want, our recent moments of optimism sadly have been provided by poor results from those above us rather than from us actually making something happen.

Hey Ho.

Well at least Lakey is an actual person and norwich supporter. Anyone who thinks Pete is any more than a parody account, let alone a Norwich fan, is struggling a bit.

I think the problem with this season is that the football produced by the team has made most of us stop caring whether we actually win or lose. The players clearly don''t care, despite what they say publicly, so it''s hard to care much about what they do.

Saturday''s result left me completely cold if I''m honest. When I watch games now I try to enjoy the occasion more than feel the passion. Playing some of the youngsters would at least get some interest back, even if we still lose.

Optimisim is good- I''m more naturally pessimistic but I respect those who have a sunnier outlook.

I do take issue with those who use their optimism to attack others- we saw it most of last season with people who pointed out that we weren''t doing well and were on course to get relegated were called pant wetters by a fair few. Then when we did get relegated I didn''t see a single one of those people holding their hands up to being wrong.