Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Didn't Ed Balls say

That we have got it wrong this season and we''re now going to put it right top to bottom.

I can''t understand then why the board is untouched, when they''ve made all the mistakes, and I find it amazing how they''ve gone about restructuring mid season completely throwing our season out the window. Ludicrous.

Absolutely no point appointing manager now, when most are committed to their clubs, or have chances of promotion. They need to tell Irvine he''s got it until end of season, with remit to blood in younger players, and drop the dross. We have nothing to lose in that.

Then appoint quickly close season when better managers will feel more likely to take a change and start the rebuild

Restructuring mid season? Completely throwing our season out the window! Methinks Alex Neil had seen to that prior to October!!

Can''t disagree. This restructuring should have happened at the end of the season, not during it. It''s left the club totally aimless. And you''re right, why has the board not been affected?

The removal of Alex Neil has left the club in limbo. I don''t understand why they chose to remove him when they did. They should have either replaced him during our long winless run, or at the end of the season.

As it is, it feels like the club is now drifting aimlessly into a summer of uncertainty for no discernible reason.

The thing that needs restructuring most is actually the board itself, until that happens I have no faith in the current BOD to get this alleged restructuring right

[quote user="Baldyboy"]The thing that needs restructuring most is actually the board itself, until that happens I have no faith in the current BOD to get this alleged restructuring right[/quote]The board''s choice for the key component of this restructuring is someone his current club is so miffed about potentially losing that it is playing hardball over our attempt to poach him. That suggests our board is actually getting the restructuring right. Unless you have solid reasons to think Webber is a bad choice?

Do we know for sure Webber is coming? Until it''s announced I won''t believe it I''m afraid with our boards record

OP:"I can''t understand then why the board is untouched, when they''ve made all the mistakes".

You''re quite right. After all, they conduct training sessions, pick the team, decide tactics and pull on yellow and green on a Saturday afternoon.

Neil has gone, Moxey has gone. These things take a little time, this season is gone too so why not have a little bit of patience?

I was at Villa yesterday and I think I heard abuse for McGovern, Bennett, Martin, Whittaker, Tettey, Dorrans, Murphy (in spades, why I have no idea), Naismith and Howson. Not Pinto interestingly, despite two yellows. There still appears to be a culture of expectation that we want instant improvements, whether it''s from game to game, or after a change like Neil''s sacking. Things rarely work like that sadly.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]OP:"I can''t understand then why the board is untouched, when they''ve made all the mistakes".

You''re quite right. After all, they conduct training sessions, pick the team, decide tactics and pull on yellow and green on a Saturday afternoon.

Neil has gone, Moxey has gone. These things take a little time, this season is gone too so why not have a little bit of patience?

I was at Villa yesterday and I think I heard abuse for McGovern, Bennett, Martin, Whittaker, Tettey, Dorrans, Murphy (in spades, why I have no idea), Naismith and Howson. Not Pinto interestingly, despite two yellows. There still appears to be a culture of expectation that we want instant improvements, whether it''s from game to game, or after a change like Neil''s sacking. Things rarely work like that sadly.[/quote]

International footballers playing to their standards deserve it, Jacob Murphy looked like a scared little boy on the pitch yesterday, he deserves the criticism. Dorrans was decent, but the rest weren''t very good and the centre backs need to rewatch both goals

Sorry, but I''m firmly of the belief that if you are going to criticise people, you do it constructively and at the right time. How is shouting "Sort it out Shittaker" or "F*** off Murphy you c***" after ten minutes of the game going to improve things? Of course I may have missed the tenure of the experts around me as England manager, but I doubt it.

I don''t disagree about our defence, if they''d done a half-decent job we would at least have drawn 0-0. I thought Murphy was ok, but Dorrans was anonymous and his injury was a blessing in disguise (if that is why he came off). For me, Pritchard stood out and we benefitted hugely when Naismith came on instead of Dorrans, but that''s my opinion only.

Shock! Did someone say our defence were awful?! Don''t know why people are so surprised that we lost away at Villa park given our record on the road, given their form at present and given we have retained the mainstay of a squad that has proven time again they can''t cut the mustard. Wish people would be realistic and have some patience.

@ Nuff Said wrote;

I don''t disagree about our defence, if they''d done a half-decent job we would at least have drawn 0-0. I thought Murphy was ok, but Dorrans was anonymous and his injury was a blessing in disguise (if that is why he came off). For me, Pritchard stood out and we benefitted hugely when Naismith came on instead of Dorrans, but that''s my opinion only.

Our Defence was poor, i thought Bennett was looking half decent until it really mattered! also i didn''t think Dorrans was poor, certainly not the worst performer out there, we cant defend and we cant score, 1st Jerome then Tettey should have scored in 1st half then Oliveria in 2nd, as the game went on just felt like we could have stayed there another hour and not scored.

Really disappointing that our fans moaned they way you described, wasnt as bad as that where i was, though Whittaker had his worst game (imo) since getting back in the team.

Didn''t hear any comments like that where I was sitting, but I did comment on how rubbish Murphy was playing after bottling it and giving the ball away for the umpteenth time

Dr Greenthumb wrote the following post at 02/04/2017 2:16 PM:

Didn''t hear any comments like that where I was sitting, but I did comment on how rubbish Murphy was playing after bottling it and giving the ball away for the umpteenth time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

No doubt your constructive comment was beneficial and he played far better after that.

He must have bloody good hearing if he can hear me talking to the guy behind me. Cheers for the input though, duly noted I need to speak louder at games!

Mr Webber, Chairman Balls and Nephew Tom will shake up our apathetic NCFC Board......HUZZAH!......"Onwards and Upwards and Prudence with Ambition!".......

......yeah........