Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Norwich are going to lose out if we don't act quickly.

The longer we drag this out the harder it will get to appoint the best candidates for SD and Coach.

A lot of other clubs will be sacking their manger at the end of the season and looking for top mangers while be dither about.

Why can''t this club be proactive and act like a club that nows what they want and go and get their targets. We are probably playing the same game like they do with transfers, offer a pittance and slowly pi$$ of the other club.

C''mon Norwich, sort it as it''s becoming a shambles. Irvine is not our man and should not be given this valuable time in charge.

We have widely been reported to have secured Webber as SD. Webber has been put on gardening leave by Huddersfield. We play Huddersfield on Wednesday. 
Join the dots - it''s not hard.
Coach won''t be appointed until Webber is in situ and has opportunity to go and get his man, whoever that may be - he can''t do anything at the moment without legal recourse from Huddersfield, and we can''t do anything without it looking incredibly dodgy, even if Webber has told us who he wants....

I know it''s slightly different with back room staff to players, but we have a reputation for being trying to do things on the cheap. However i know of at least three current players who couldn''t agree terms for a move as the buying club (at least one was premier league) won''t match our current wages?

Would appear that , certainly in the past, we haven''t scrimped on wages for some of our players.

Re the new appointments i agree that something is likely to happen after Huddersfield on Wednesday.

I''d rather the club ''dithered'' and got the right man, than rush in and appoint the dreck that has been suggested on here.

Hopedly it''s the Huddersfield game that''s causing the hold up, we really do need to get this moving to get best use out of the last

few games of the season,

It does look like Webber and probably just sorting out compensation I see no way back for him at Huddersfield. As for the coach now we have left it this late probably end of the season. If it is someone like rossler then he will probably want to finish the playoffs for them first

We have already lost out ! No promotion , no playoff place , and players sending themselves to the fringes of the club .

Keeping Irvine was a stupid mistake , the problems that are festering at the club have not diminished , AN was the head of the snake , the body is wriggling away still.

I know the Webber situation, but we have been in this situation before with transfer targets i.e. Afobe springs to mind.

We can''t sort things out quickly once targets are identified only for another club to step in.

Roy''s probably made a couple of suggestions. I suppose Ricky Martin must be helping sift through the applications?The club probably won''t even be looking at any candidates from beyond the UK as I doubt anyone has been tasked with researching the subject.If the board know little about football then it will take time. We need a fresh approach to the way we play, but they are oblivious to anything related to this.

I have a friend who although he lives in Norwich is a Huddersfield season ticket holder who travels home and away every week virtually. He is well connected to the Huddersfield boardroom ( don''t bother saying it but believe me he is ) and he told me over lunch on Friday they Webber is our man and the reason they are playing hardball over him is because Norwich crept in the back door to get him rather than go knocking at the front.He tells me they are absolutely gutted to be losing him as he has transformed everything behind the scenes at Huddersfield by bringing in a host of  German staff and with it their approach to todays game plus unearthing some good players the most expensive of which cost £1.8 Million.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I have a friend who although he lives in Norwich is a Huddersfield season ticket holder who travels home and away every week virtually. He is well connected to the Huddersfield boardroom ( don''t bother saying it but believe me he is ) and he told me over lunch on Friday they Webber is our man and the reason they are playing hardball over him is because Norwich crept in the back door to get him rather than go knocking at the front.He tells me they are absolutely gutted to be losing him as he has transformed everything behind the scenes at Huddersfield by bringing in a host of  German staff and with it their approach to todays game plus unearthing some good players the most expensive of which cost £1.8 Million.[/quote]I assume that is perfectly legal and is just headhunting?

Re: Norwich are going to lose out if we don''t act quickly.

"I''m not sure I like the sound of this Webber chap."

😀

[quote user="Herman"]I''d rather the club ''dithered'' and got the right man, than rush in and appoint the dreck that has been suggested on here. [/quote]

Going by previous what makes you think they''ll get the right man?

They''ll mess about and we''ll end up with what''s left everything seems to take too much time sackings appointments the whole lot

If that happens we''ll all have the right to kick off, but currently it just seems to be moaning for the sake of it.

Herman, It''s not moaning for moaning sake.The fact is AN should have been sacked November/December. The board must have seen he was not good enough and drawn up plan B.The other point is if we are getting Webber then me must know what coach he would like us to get and make a move for him.So why not get the coach in now, ready.

[quote user="dibbler"]The longer we drag this out the harder it will get to appoint the best candidates for SD and Coach.

A lot of other clubs will be sacking their manger at the end of the season and looking for top mangers while be dither about.

Why can''t this club be proactive and act like a club that nows what they want and go and get their targets. We are probably playing the same game like they do with transfers, offer a pittance and slowly pi$$ of the other club.

C''mon Norwich, sort it as it''s becoming a shambles. Irvine is not our man and should not be given this valuable time in charge.[/quote]

Who is it that we are going to miss out on?

[quote user="Herman"]I''d rather the club ''dithered'' and got the right man, than rush in and appoint the dreck that has been suggested on here. [/quote]

Agree with Herman...rather we took our time to get the right man. Unfortunately given the folks in charge, we are likely to "dither" and then still get the wrong man. This is NCFC after all! Scouring Europe and all that.

[quote user="dibbler"]Herman, It''s not moaning for moaning sake.The fact is AN should have been sacked November/December. The board must have seen he was not good enough and drawn up plan B.The other point is if we are getting Webber then me must know what coach he would like us to get and make a move for him.So why not get the coach in now, ready.[/quote]Maybe think about the different scenarios or I will think it is pure moaning.A) The new guy doesn''t know what coach will suit us so is waiting until he gets here.B) The coach is currently employed and wants to finish the season with his team.C) The coach is currently employed but his contract runs out in a couple of months, so we''re waiting.

If we don''t know who we want as coach or the coach is waiting until the end of the season, why does the club keep say Irvine has one game now has 3 more games.

Just say he has until the end of the season.

You forgot D) Herman:

Webber being contracted to a rival will almost certainly have a clause in his contract about working for a rival whilst under contract, hence the gardening leave. As such for him to tell us which coach to get would be a breach of contract and Lea e him (and us presumably) open to legal action.

"Ah, just waiting to see who''d be the first one to spot that" to quote Capt Mainwaring.

[quote user="dibbler"]Herman, It''s not moaning for moaning sake.The fact is AN should have been sacked November/December. The board must have seen he was not good enough and drawn up plan B.The other point is if we are getting Webber then me must know what coach he would like us to get and make a move for him.So why not get the coach in now, ready.[/quote]The story was that Alex Neil offered his resignation after the Reading game, but was asked to continue, as Plan B was not yet fully formed.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]The story was that Alex Neil offered his resignation after the Reading game, but was asked to continue, as Plan B was not yet fully formed.[/quote]What ???????