Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Would you join City?

Obviously this is hyperthetical, but...

If you were a quality player, whether from abroad, the prem or lower leagues, would you want to sign for Norwich?

Based on the past two seasons I personally wouldn''t. Negative football, negative tactics, negative ambition... negative entertainment (from a fans point of view).

Obviously a new set-up, new bosses and new challenge might be appealing but for me to join I would need assurances of positive change.

You''re dead right, all quality foreign players know all about our tactics, ambition and entertainment value. They probably also know that you''re a right plonker

If you''re a bit 5shit, lazy, have no tactical clue yeah, sure jump on board the costa del narrwich gravy train.

Of course I would be open to playing for City, it''s something I''ve wanted to do since I was old enough to kick a ball. I''m not sure how keen they would be to employ a 38 year old goalkeeper that has never played higher than the Anglian Combination and has a history of dislocating his shoulder though. However with our recent dealings in the tranfer market I haven''t entirely given up hope.

We''ll be in a better position to judge once a new manager and Sporting Director has been appointed.

But none of the candidates mentioned so far inspire confidence.

We''ll be fighting for top championship level players along with the rest of this league. In that sense, I think most would join Norwich next season on the basis :

- 27k sellout stadium every game

- Good part of the country

- Certainly in the top 6 in terms of wages we''ll pay out

- Good chance of promotion

- Steady club with same owners for years who are supporters and well intentioned.

Norwich will be an attractive option as long as we can pay top money and promotion is a possibility (look at Dijks for instance - came with the option of staying if we went up).

Without that then just take a look at Ipswich.

Foreign players if they have any sense should see the prize on offer in the Premiership and consider Norwich a potential stepping stone to that, either with us directly, or impressing enough to come to the attention of bigger clubs.

The premiership is one of the most watched leagues in the world, and i know we are not in the premier league but next season we should like this season have a very good opportunity to gain promotion as other have said we have a good club, loyal fans, good facilities and we pay good wages also with the players we generally go for are not playing for the larger clubs and often they do not realise how competitive the championship is lots of players would love to come to a club like Norwich and with the right people in place hopefully we can bring in the players so that we can actually win some games.

Yes I''d join. Although I turn 50 this year, I still feel I could play the Naismith role... My legs have gone, I blame everyone but myself for my own shortcomings and I can''t hit a cow''s ar$e with a banjo.

Our new man is respected because he signed quality players from lower divisions, and found some real winners in the process.

I very much doubt that we shall be able to sign known quality players, because we do not have the money. Even if we ,manage to sell a few players, we shall not have a great budget.

So the answer to the question is that we expect astute signings not perceived by other clubs, and when success comes (even stopping up the defence may be enough,) then we can think about "known" quality players.

Given a good chief coach/manager, we ought to be challenging for promotion this time next year.

Yes. The club isn''t a basket case, it''s reasonably well run and had underachieved this season. If actual basket case clubs such as Leeds and Forest can sign good players and appoint decent managers then so can we.