Sign in to follow this  
tricky974

Money

We have a lot of players that are ending their contracts at the end of the season and I''m wondering what the club are gonna do, realistically how much money will the board spend to bring in new players. The other issue is will the club keep a lot of the players and just give them new contracts, to save the cost of the transfer fee plus wages because a decent overhaul of the squad will cost a fair amount of money imo.

Have been wondering something similar to be fair.

With the amount of players out of contract, so no transfer fees, and the sheer amount of rebuilding that needs to be done, where is the money going to come from?

Sales of Klose, Naismith would bring money in, but it seems that in today''s vastly inflated market we are going to be putting a huge amount in.

Are we going to see some other big names (Howson? Pritchard? Pinto?) moved on?

Sales of bigger names, like Howson etc, will probably be influenced by contract situations. If they run out in 2018 and seem unwilling to renew, we will probably have to sell them to get some form of fee.

If we end up selling some of our bigger players that are wanted to raise funds then this is a massive task almost like wiping the slate clean and starting again, if this is the case then we could be in the championship for a while as this is no easy task or are the club going to give out new contracts to the players as stated by others as there is no transfer fees involved.

I know the club have paid out for new players over recent years but we have also sold players and there is also the clubs income and paracute payments - we have not actually spent alot of money outside of what we have brought in which is a very good model but with the inflation of players fees and wages could this be the year where we spend big or will we be searching though the bargain bucket for our players - i suppose only time will tell, good luck to Webber and whoever the new coach will be but i assume any new coach would ask for a sizable budget for recuitment. 

do we reinvest in big wages from free transfers, lower wages on average poor free transfers or cheap wages for emerging talent attracts a transfer fee.

As we are in the last year of our parachute payments we will see how much ambition and prudence balance out over the summer