Sign in to follow this  
dave2571

sergio cannos

Basically it didn''t work out with us and Sergi, all a bit odd but c''est la vie - he seems to ''fit'' at Brentford and good luck to him and them.

Was a decent game tonight, we could do worse than have a look at some of the Brentford lads. One thing I did notice was how Leeds - as they did when we played them earlier in the season - put their bodies on the line and blocked a number of shots, in a way that''s been sorely lacking with our ''efforts'' this season.

"Involved" could cover a wide range of scenarios.

I''d rather see Wes, Naismith, Pritchard or even Madison in the team than Canos. We clearly bought him expecting someone to leave, or not expecting to sign Pritchard. He was surplus to requirements, we got some/all of our money back, he gets to play for a Championship side, all good.

Pritchard and Maddison yes, but can''t see where Wes and Naismith are the way forward; brilliant as Wes has been for us over the years. Good as Jacob Murphy has been this season, there have been some games where he has clearly been tired and often subbed without making much of an impact. I still feel giving Canos a couple of starts would have given Murphy a rest and Canos a fair crack of the whip. All a mute point now anyway ......

There is a happy halfway house between dropping Jacob and the kind of chance Canos got here. Even a few chances off the bench to make an impact when we were struggling would have been something.

I also feel like Canos is just a clear example of our deeply flawed transfer policy over the last couple of years. Seemed like a smart buy, invest in youth, but then he never got used. Under Neil we must have spent around £30m on players to go in the ''3'' part of his 4-2-3-1 formation (Naismith, Pritchard, Yanic, Canos, Andreu, Maddison, Jarvis even Brady) yet we''ve spent 1/3rd of that on the defence.