Sign in to follow this  
dave2571

sergio cannos

anyone notice how well he is doing now back at Brentford? scoring for fun , why did he not get a chance amongst this lot?

just saying

It''s also Sergi not Sergio.

By scoring for fun do you mean 3 in 12 apps? In which case I argue that your fun is less fun than most other people''s fun.

so what is this a discussion site or a spelling test? seems he is playing far better than some of this shite I have had the pleasure of watching this season and yes I do attend matches,

It''s quite impressive to get both his first name and second name wrong.

However it was stupid to sell him and then spend £7m on another winger who can''t make the first xi.

He wasn''t the answer, whatever the question was. I go to Brentford quite regularly, he''s ok, not as good as the Murphys but selling him to buy Yanic does seem a bit odd right now

I don''t think anyone is saying if we''d kept him we''d be in the playoffs. He just seems to sum up the shit sandwich of this season. Young, much hyped player, never used despite some awful form, sold after 6 months and proving himself to be decent at this level. Meanwhile we spend a bunch more money on a player to warm the bench who is 6 years older yet apparently no more ready to help us improve.

No wonder the board didn''t want to trust Neil with more of the clubs money.

If you''ve been going to games then you''ll know that our problem this season has been in defence-I doubt that Canos would have made much of a difference there. And as far as I recall, reports of matches when he did play for us-both the first team and the Under 23s-were pretty underwhelming. Would you really have preferred to see him play instead of Jacob Murphy?

@tetteys jig

Apparently he''s played on the left for Brentford a bit. Most wingers can do a job on both flanks these days.

@mr angry

I would like to have seen him given a chance. Considering the run of form we went on pre Christmas and the amount of different combinations we tried it was baffling Neil didn''t even give him a spot on the bench to try and prove himself. He''s clearly showing at Brentford that he can at least do a job at this level so to never use him after paying good money for him was bizzare.

Looks like Sergi has become the new Cody McDonald. I expect we''ll see a post like this every time he scores.

Last August I was on holiday in Sorrento and met a Brentford supporter by the pool bar. They had just been beaten by Huddersfield in their first match of the season and then lost 1-0 in the cup at Exeter. We had beaten Blackburn 4-1 on the Saturday and we discussed how automatic promotion was a given for us and Newcastle. He had serious concerns as to whether Brentford would avoid relegation and to the point in hand what a great player Canos had been for them and how much they could use him back at Brentford ..... how prophetic. Real kicker is its probable that Brentford will now finish above us and Canos will probably score more goals for Brentford this season in the time he has been there since his transfer then the likes of Naismith (4), Hoolahan (3) and Pritchard (3) will score by the time our season ends?

Yes, I rated Cody McDonald and Canos. Just like I rate Maddison and Tofollo but sadly the club will stick with the usual suspects. Look at the U23''s last night - I wonder how many of them will ever get a chance in the first team or get moved on?

[quote user="Aberdeen_Canary"]Yes, I rated Cody McDonald and Canos. Just like I rate Maddison and Tofollo but sadly the club will stick with the usual suspects. Look at the U23''s last night - I wonder how many of them will ever get a chance in the first team or get moved on?[/quote]Is there something about living in Scotland that turns Norwich supporters into miserable gits?

I fail to see how having an opinion on players makes me a miserable git?

I am 100% behind the club and travel to see them whenever I can . My daughter who is at Uni in Huddersfield will go to the game tomorrow and if there was any way I could make it down there from Aberdeen I would but work precludes midweek travel.

What does make me miserable however is seeing the same old faces turned out week in and week out when results don''t improve. I agree 100% that the younger players need to wait their turn when the first team is playing well but nobody can say that has been the case this season? If that makes me miserable then yes I can agree .....

Don''t take it personally Aberdeen, there''s just a culprit of miasma called Highland Canary that lurks in the shadows and pops out whenever we lose to spread overcast vibes amongst the more chipper of posters.

[quote user="Morgan"]Don''t take it personally Aberdeen, there''s just a culprit of miasma called Highland Canary that lurks in the shadows and pops out whenever we lose to spread overcast vibes amongst the more chipper of posters.[/quote]Mr Apples is very chipper, he''s from north of the border.

There is a fairly obvious difference between Cody, Ricky and Canos. The first two got a decent chance to probe themselves and weren''t up to scratch. Canos barely got a look in and is now playing pretty well for a team at the same level.

I can''t fathom how any Norwich fan can look at his time here and think we did the right thing.

We basically did the right thing in the end because we did the wrong thing in the first place by signing him.

Not that he isn''t a reasonable player but he was bought when we had plenty of players who were better, or at least on a par with him, in the positions that he played.

The cash we spent on him could, and should, have been spent on strengthening other positions in the team not on trying to strengthen positions that we already had plenty of options for.

He wasn''t going to get much game time so we were right to sell him to get something back for the mistake that was made in the first place.

But did we? Because on the same day we sold him we spend £7m on another winger who doesn''t get in the team. Why not just give the one we have a go and spend that money on the defence?

The strengthening of the squad has been poor over the last twelve months. We have been spending money where we don''t need to and not spending where everyone could, and can, see that it was needed to be spent.

I would fully agree that £7m spent on a winger who can only make the bench is ludicrous for a team that is crying out for defensive players.

He''s playing tonight, definitely on the left but is predominantly right footed; not a bad game - Brentford are a far better side than many (of our fans) give them credit for. I think one of our main issues with him was stamina, he never lasts the full 90 and is almost guaranteed to go off after 60-odd tonight

[quote user="king canary"]But did we? Because on the same day we sold him we spend £7m on another winger who doesn''t get in the team. Why not just give the one we have a go and spend that money on the defence?[/quote]

We bought Canos as a replacement for Redmond. We sold Brady and bought Wilschut. The Murphys have had a great season, but unfortunately like a lot of our players are undroppable.

Canos like many before never got a fair crack at the whip, and now getting settled at Brentford is beginning to play well. Canos, like Maddison, and Godfrey and Thompson, should have been who we started to build our team around.

Alas we stuck with the has beens, and look at the season we''ve had!

He was also apparently involved in both goals they scored. Amazing what actually being allowed on the pitch can do ey.