Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Stuart Webber

I imagine he''s been all-but working for us while on gardening leave, so ought to be able to hit the ground running. This appointment looks to be the right one, but only time will tell - it''s certainly right that there''s a big overhaul as something''s clearly gone a bit ''wonky'' in the last year or so.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I imagine he''s been all-but working for us while on gardening leave, so ought to be able to hit the ground running. This appointment looks to be the right one, but only time will tell - it''s certainly right that there''s a big overhaul as something''s clearly gone a bit ''wonky'' in the last year or so.[/quote]He was at Villa Park on Saturday, which I imagine gave him plenty of food for thought...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I imagine he''s been all-but working for us while on gardening leave, so ought to be able to hit the ground running. This appointment looks to be the right one, but only time will tell - it''s certainly right that there''s a big overhaul as something''s clearly gone a bit ''wonky'' in the last year or so.[/quote]He''s been busy weeding out the dead wood, we should be seeing the green shoots of recovery, a root and branch review has taken place and it''s time to plant some roots in the Premier League.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I imagine he''s been all-but working for us while on gardening leave, so ought to be able to hit the ground running. This appointment looks to be the right one, but only time will tell - it''s certainly right that there''s a big overhaul as something''s clearly gone a bit ''wonky'' in the last year or so.[/quote]He was at Villa Park on Saturday, which I imagine gave him plenty of food for thought...[/quote]Was he cutting the grass or doing some edging?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I imagine he''s been all-but working for us while on gardening leave, so ought to be able to hit the ground running. This appointment looks to be the right one, but only time will tell - it''s certainly right that there''s a big overhaul as something''s clearly gone a bit ''wonky'' in the last year or so.[/quote]He''s been busy weeding out the dead wood, we should be seeing the green shoots of recovery, a root and branch review has taken place and it''s time to plant some roots in the Premier League.

[/quote]

You''re the new Mr Chops, TCC. At least when Chopsy was in his funny period.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I imagine he''s been all-but working for us while on gardening leave, so ought to be able to hit the ground running. This appointment looks to be the right one, but only time will tell - it''s certainly right that there''s a big overhaul as something''s clearly gone a bit ''wonky'' in the last year or so.[/quote]He''s been busy weeding out the dead wood, we should be seeing the green shoots of recovery, a root and branch review has taken place and it''s time to plant some roots in the Premier League.

[/quote]
Lets hope that life is a bed of roses next season, if of course he''s selected the right roses, strong, scented & long lasting

[quote user="wcorkcanary"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]@Webbo118
Anyone who accepts appointment as head coach under this system will understand that the SP "has the authority to block a signing". As the original article says, this is anathema to many home grown managers, so we won''t be appointing anyone of that mind. The fact that the system works just fine for virtually every top tier club across Europe and several here shows that there need be no problem; what''s needed is a head coach who buys fully into the way the system works, and appreciates the benefits of working within that framework.
[/quote]

And presumably he has the authority to give the head coach players that he doesn''t want?[/quote]

Oh Dear, thats not progress happening at our Club is it? can''t have that, god forbid we change anything. What if it works...the idiots should have done it earlier. I like the idea of a new set up. the current one has worked, up to a point but we are very much limited by finances...... and unless we are promoted sharpish or sell out to someone with big bucks.. that side of things wont change, but a change of structure could make a big difference. Either way , I prefer change from within. [/quote]

I am all for change. What we have at the moment is patently not working. However, I am not naive enough to believe that putting a new structure in place and changing job titles will automatically guarantee success. The link below perfectly sums up my thoughts.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/alan_irvine_warns_clarity_is_crucial_in_norwich_city_s_new_football_model_1_4962460

Norwich City’s interim chief Alan Irvine has first hand experience of the pitfalls from adopting the head coach football model.

Irvine is poised to complete his five-game stint in temporary control against Reading this weekend, with City closing in on Huddersfield’s head of football operations, Stuart Webber, as a new sporting director.

The Scot worked in a similar set-up at West Brom and insists it is vital Alex Neil’s successor knows exactly what the remit is.

“When I was head coach at West Brom it was pretty much, you are the head coach, we bring you the players and you work with them,” he said. “I wasn’t a fan of that. If you don’t rate the player you are not going to play them. I don’t see how it works. But you take jobs based on the information you have. That is a conversation any manager or head coach should have before they take the job. I knew the situation at West Brom before I went in. I wanted that job so I had to either accept those circumstances or not. If I didn’t I wasn’t going to have that job. Tony (Pulis) came in and said he wouldn’t do it that way.

“They are much more used to it abroad. They recruit a head coach to fit the club. In this country it is picked at random far too often. Certainly the model abroad tends to be the sporting director presents the players to the head coach. I don’t know what the model will look like here. But the sporting director and head coach have to be in tandem. It could well be it is still very much a manager-role, when they make all the decisions in and out, or it could be the other way, where the new guy and the board want to take that aspect away from the head coach.”

Irvine revealed City’s on-going recruitment work has not been disrupted by Neil’s exit.

“There are people working on that continuously,” he said. “That happens irrespective of whether I am here, or whether Alex was here before me. It is a department that in the main runs itself. Alex didn’t have to drive that on a daily basis. The new sporting director, I am quite sure, will have a lot to do with that side of things. We don’t stop scouting and give them the weekends off. They are all out at games. The people in post will continue to do their job. I was asked to keep things steady and ticking along for the next person that comes along and that applies to all the staff.”