Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Stuart Webber

Says should be confirmed in next couple days, supposedly he has been put on gardening leave by Huddersfield.

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]This is looking good, fingers crossed...

It''s a big yes from me!!![/quote]

👍

Where are you hearing that Heckingbottom''s ''98%'', Gordon? Ryan Gigg''s odds have been cut further looking at the Paddy Power website, not that it means much mate. Darrell Clarke would be my first choice I think, his record over a few seasons is quite incredible!.

I can''t see the point of gardening leave. He''ll be doing work for his new job, not his old one, while Huddersfield pay his wages. Better to make a clean break now.

Just realised I''m only repeating what Bethnal has already said better than me here: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3510295/ShowPost.aspx.

Maybe Huddersfield are deliberately trying to slow things up, but seems pretty - if it''s true. We need his input into who the new coach is.

Huddersfield fans generally not happy about this, and you can''t blame them. As long as they have Wagner, they shouldn''t have any problem getting promoted so I don''t think they should overly worry.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104162/webber-norwich

As for Wagner possibly coming to us, I wouldn''t underestimate the possibility as he may be quite tight knit with Webber and that could be a big draw.

Do we start the search now with a view to getting somebody in before the end of the season?

Or wait in the hope that Wagner or Monk want to come here if Huddersfield/Leeds don''t get promoted?

This looks like a real coup. A few points. There was scoffing over Balls'' announcement, after he became chairman, of drawing up a long-term strategy, but this is plainly part of that. Whether it will work is another matter, but Balls has obviously not been idle.What Webber has done at Huddersfield Town looks excellent. However if the directors are really committed to this new structure (which purports to be vastly different to and much broader in scope than the Rioch/Hamilton axis, which was really just playing with job titles) then he will have a significantly wider remit than he has had at Huddersfield. He will need to step up.Thirdly, even with presumably the prospect of more money and a bigger job, that Webber is willing to leave Huddersfield, given their immediate prospects, indicates that away from message-boards, in the wider world of football, Norwich City is regarded as a well-run club and good to work for. One that shies away from kneejerk sackings and gives managers (and sporting directors) time.

Great news and should be an impressive appointment.

I''m sure some will start to criticise him due to his time at Wolves but the man has a pretty solid CV. If he can uncover some more talent like David Wagner, Raheem Sterling etc then Norwich are on to a good thing.

What I have noticed is a lot of talk about Norwich''s academy needing to deliver ''value for money'' from Steve Stone and Ed Balls - which to me could mean two things. Either trying to become a bit like Chelsea''s academy who bring in talent with the sole aim of adding value and selling it on OR spending less on the academy and losing the Cat 1 rating.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out in the long run and excited to see who Webber goes after for the head coach role.

Ed Balls was just on Radion Norfolk and said that the SD announcement is very close. He was asked if the fans would be pleased with he appointment, but just swerved the question, saying that it''s a result based business and he''ll be judged on that. Also was asked if Irvine would be in charge until the end of the season and he didn''t rule it out.

Maybe, it was the politician speaking but missed a chance to sound positive

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I can''t see the point of gardening leave. He''ll be doing work for his new job, not his old one, while Huddersfield pay his wages. Better to make a clean break now.[/quote]

That''s Huddersfield''s call. They could certainly stop him coming into work at City and doing all the stuff that will be the main part of his new role.  He could give some input to the recruitment process but that''s only a small part of what he''ll be doing when he''s with us.

The Huddersfield fans seem split 50/50 to me, between cries of Judas (and one who talks about a "pancake tossing tw*t" ???) and those who just see it as the way the football world works. They think they''re pretty safe with Wagner though.

That''s Huddersfield''s call. They could certainly stop him coming into

work at City and doing all the stuff that will be the main part of his

new role.  He could give some input to the recruitment process but

that''s only a small part of what he''ll be doing when he''s with us.

I don''t pretend to know about this but I''d have thought that it depended upon his contract. Do DOFs, or whatever his title is, have fixed-term contracts that have to be bought up? If he is on a standard contract there will be a notice period, normally influenced by the amount of time he has been in employment?Alternatively, as someone else posted, they wouldn''t want him getting all the inside info etc knowing that he was about to leave. "gardening leave" would be possible but would incur costs and I can''t see what they would gain.

As Badger says it will depend on whether he is on a fixed term contract, like players and managers have or more regular contract like most people are on.

If there is a notice period Norwich and Huddesfield will come to an arrangement (monetary) to waive this period.

Most managers are now having a certain amount written into the contract about how much a team will have to pay to break the contract or how much the employing team will have to pay the manager to break the contract early. Webber might have something like this in his contract, but that isn''t normal for people in his position.

I expect Norwich and Huddesfield will come to an arrangement pretty quickly and Mr Webber will have his photoshot with a big scarf promptly.

"I expect Norwich and Huddersfield will come to an arrangement pretty quickly and Mr Webber will have his photoshoot with a big scarf promptly." :D

Morgan

"I expect Norwich and Huddersfield will come to an arrangement pretty quickly and Mr Webber will have his photoshoot with a big scarf promptly."

Just like you did Morgan, nice scarf ;-p

[quote user="Morgan"]"I expect Norwich and Huddersfield will come to an arrangement pretty quickly and Mr Webber will have his photoshoot with a big scarf promptly." :D[/quote]All this time I thought they were normal sized scarves and the people were small. [:)]

Should we read anything into his previous role at Wolves - would Moxey have pointed him out to us?

Huddersfield Examiner are reporting it too, although this is just a rehash of what''s been reported in the EDP.

On the Head Coach side, Paul Heckinbottom from Barnsley is the latest name to move in the betting - though I''m sure this is mainly PR from the betting companies to get punters to take a gamble without any real evidence.

[quote user=" Badger"]
That''s Huddersfield''s call. They could certainly stop him coming into work at City and doing all the stuff that will be the main part of his new role.  He could give some input to the recruitment process but that''s only a small part of what he''ll be doing when he''s with us.

I don''t pretend to know about this but I''d have thought that it depended upon his contract. Do DOFs, or whatever his title is, have fixed-term contracts that have to be bought up? If he is on a standard contract there will be a notice period, normally influenced by the amount of time he has been in employment?

Alternatively, as someone else posted, they wouldn''t want him getting all the inside info etc knowing that he was about to leave. "gardening leave" would be possible but would incur costs and I can''t see what they would gain.
[/quote]

Yes, it will depend on his contract.  If, as speculated, he has been put on gardening leave then they keep paying him as normal for that period , but he can''t go into work at their place, and he can''t work for his new employer, and if he did anything substantial like going in to work at CR, he would open himself to personal legal action.  So it''s Huddersfield''s call whether they want to enforce that sort of restriction just to stop us benefitting from having him working for us sooner than otherwise.  I don''t see how they could stop him having a few discussions on the phone with the CR board about a potential new head coach though.

As you say, the contract may allow that period to be bought out by him instead.

Michael Bailey has really committed himself with his story today - serious egg on his and Archant''s face if they''re wrong.

Wonder what he knows that makes him so sure?

I''m liking the fact that when the inevitable backlash starts we can have a variety of spellings of his name. Moxtley was never really given an opportunity.

Weber out! Waber out! Webar out! Weibber out!

Apples

Not just Bailey but the Telegraph are also reporting it, as are Associated Press. Seems someone either in Webber''s, Norwich''s or Huddesfield''s camp is talking to the press.

It seems like it is Norwich who are briefing people about the news - Ed Balls pretty much confirmed it earlier today.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Not just Bailey but the Telegraph are also reporting it, as are Associated Press. Seems someone either in Webber''s, Norwich''s or Huddesfield''s camp is talking to the press.

It seems like it is Norwich who are briefing people about the news - Ed Balls pretty much confirmed it earlier today.[/quote]I wondered who had leaked the news (which is not the same as briefing now about the leak). I think Waghorn, when he was at Archant, got the odd scoop (such as finding out Roeder was replacing Grant), presumably from Doncaster.But that all stopped for him and for Archant when McNally took over. Archant never, as far as I can recall, broke any significant story, and the only inside info MyFootballWriter has ever seemed to get has been from Mick Dennis, and that is from his own special knowledge rather than from the club''s bureaucracy.This may have been leaked - or now briefed on - by Norwich, as a way of continuing to repairs relations with Archant after the (Bowkett)/McNally era. Certainly the club, through Balls, has been much more accommodating than either of those two. You can tell that from the recent lack of "hilarious" posts here about dancing and failed politicians.