Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Ryan Bennett

Or RyBen as he''s affectionately known.

How Awfull is this guy, hasn''t improved one bit since he first joined, gone backwards if anything. Makes Russell Martin look like a centre half.

Outta contract this summer. Goodbye.

Consistently our worst central defender but for some reason a decent proportion of our fans think he''s good. I can''t fathom why. Like you say he always makes Martin and Co look like world class players in comparison.

Was diabolical for both goals today.

We should cull every defender and start again.

Bassong, Martin, Bennett and Whittaker are stale and severely limited.

Pinto has no defensive brain.

Klose wants out.

I''m not a fan but to be fair he was pretty decent today, obviously apart from goal at end.

At least didn''t go completely missing like Howson, tettey, dorrans and martin

There isn''t 1 goalkeeper or defender I would be sad to see leave this summer. The 2 areas that need the biggest overhaul.

Ruddy, Rudd, Whittaker, Turner, Toffolo, Bennett, Bassong. All outta contract, let them all go.

Dijks won''t wanna stay, Klose wants out. Just leaves us with Pinto who can''t defend and Martin who was past his best about 3 years ago.

rock bus

Howson always goes missing when he plays that far forward. Barring about 2 games Tettey has been missing all season. Martin well nothing needs saying about that. I''ve never known Dorrans to not be missing.

You know when you lose a player and people say things like "you don''t realise what he does until he''s missing" well that DOESNT apply to Dorrans. He''s decent on the ball and great at playing passes 5 yards either side of him or backwards.

Sadly Move Klose you are exactly right...not just to the defence that needs overhauling it''s the entire first team

Whilst you are right Move Klose there is no way all will be shipped out, I think Pinto, Martin and Bennett will be kept and I would like to see Toffolo kept at least as back up too

I''m guessing we''ll probably keep him.....purely because Klose and Bassong are bigger earners and will be moved off the wage bill....Michael Turner too will be moved, so we have to keep someone ,if nothing else as cover?

but clearly 2 new centre halves are blatantly required in the summer

[quote user="hogesar"]Consistently our worst central defender but for some reason a decent proportion of our fans think he''s good. I can''t fathom why. Like you say he always makes Martin and Co look like world class players in comparison.

Was diabolical for both goals today.[/quote]
Same reason that a decent proportion think Lafferty is Van Basten''s lovechild. Apparently playing crap and then rotting in the reserves turns you into a Ballon D''or candidate instantaneously

[quote user="rock bus"]I''m not a fan but to be fair he was pretty decent today, obviously apart from goal at end.

At least didn''t go completely missing like Howson, tettey, dorrans and martin[/quote]

LOL - isn''t stopping ''goal at end'' why he is in the team?

Doesn''t matter how long he looks pretty decent for or if he doesn''t go missing when we are conceding the number of goals we are.

Only Pinto and DIjks worth keeping.

[quote user="Move Klose"]You know when you lose a player and people say things like "you don''t realise what he does until he''s missing" well that DOESNT apply to Dorrans. He''s decent on the ball and great at playing passes 5 yards either side of him or backwards.[/quote]
I never understood why we signed Dorrans permanently. Said at the time I didn''t want him on a permanent and seen nothing to change my mind since. Average Champs midfielder. He''s like a better version of Fotheringham.

The second goal was atrocious.  Bennett shouldn''t be in the team after that little neglect of his duty. All he had to do was get in there and put his foot through the ball.  The attacker must have thought it was his birthday and Christmas rolled into one.

Have to agree that Bennett was at fault for both goals today but he didn''t hog all the responsibility in either case. First goal, Martin was his usual, in the vicinity but not part of the action. For the second, Bennett ushered the ball back to McGovern, keeping Kodja well out of playing distance. Clearly could not believe the keeper was not there to take the ball and froze at that point instead of hoisting it to the stand.

As poor as those two contributions were, I wish people wouldn''t say he made Martin look good, it''s hard to imagine anything that would succeed there.

Our defence has struggled just as much when Ryan Bennett hasn''t played. So I don''t see where singling him out gets us.The defence needs a major overhaul. But we also need a manager who can get our first eleven to defend as a team, from front to back.I can''t remember the last time we went one goal up and I was confident the team could see the game out by keeping a clean sheet. It''s that which needs to change this summer.

Bennett is essentially a big lump that on occasion can head the ball away, and that''s about his limit. For a tall guy, he''s really lacking in strength and never really outmuscles an opposition player. He''s easily beaten by pace and bright attackers. Has little pace and his distribution is at times laughable. In five years here he''s not improved or commanded a regular place. Wouldn''t look out of place in League One to be honest. He must be on the departure list in the summer.

Apart from all that, I think he''s a really great player.

Seb is probably still our best central defender and he is not as good as he was. No pairing since has been better than him and Turner.

I was saying to someone the other day that pairing of Turner and Bassong in Hughtons 1st season is probably the best pairing since Mackay & Fleming

Bass is a loud influence on the pitch and when he''s on his game a really decent defender. He''s liable to a clanger like the rest of our defence. It would be him and RM for me. Although the fact I''m saying that two years after promotion highlights the massive flaws in our recruitment.

Seb and Turner had a great partnership. I think sadly age caught up with Turner. Bassong should probably be in the team.

It''s an example of our continued rubbishness in the transfer market that we''re still relying on the likes of Bennett. Lambert left 5 years ago but the spine of our team this season has still regularly featured Ruddy, Martin, Bennett, Howson and Wes, all players who were here before he left.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Seb is probably still our best central defender and he is not as good as he was. No pairing since has been better than him and Turner.[/quote]

Irvine will have to change it now Pinto is suspended I suspect Klose will come in. We need a manager who will play the best we have, why do we persist with Jacob when Josh is quicker and more direct and Wildschut quicker and stronger, I personally would let him move on in the summer, Pritchard was class yesterday linked with Naismith well both quick thinkers, should have started instead of Dorrans. We played quite well yesterday all that was missing was a cutting edge. Kodja and Adomah were different class just goes to show what you get when owners spend and back the manager Villa will go up next season wheras we need 8 or 9 players to replace our ageing squad I know which is more likely

Rock the bus - were you at the game? Howson was busy, and involved throughout from what i saw. My only criticism was that the ball came to him at least three times just outside the Villa box and he couldn''t resist trying to recreate his goal against Forest.

Completely agree about Pritchard and Naismith pliff. Overall we had 69% possession but in the second half once Naismith was on it must have been more like 80? I just hope we can hang on to Pritchard next season, can see Brighton or another lower PL team coming in for him.

I doubt he''s going to make the World Cup squad with that kind of form.

Nuff Said I dint actually criticise any individual player just questioned the team selection I dont doubt that every player gives it all but sometimes you have to concede they are not good enough to improve our status and that we need better and yes i was at the game.