Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

If Derby now go on a run and finish in the play-offs...

I think there would be criticism fairly levelled at the board for not acting quickly in the way Derby did.

I wasn''t actually a massive fan of Rowett so it''ll be interesting to see how he does!

[quote user="hogesar"]I think there would be criticism fairly levelled at the board for not acting quickly in the way Derby did.

I wasn''t actually a massive fan of Rowett so it''ll be interesting to see how he does![/quote]I wonder why some people spend their time inventing negative scenarios where they can lay blame at the clubs door?  Do they ever go shopping and wonder ''I wonder who would be to blame if this shop bought a load of stock that they couldn''t sell''?

[quote user="hogesar"]I think there would be criticism fairly levelled at the board for not acting quickly in the way Derby did.

I wasn''t actually a massive fan of Rowett so it''ll be interesting to see how he does![/quote]One of the reasons I wanted Neil gone in November/December was that Rowett was available, and there was talk, well-founded or not, that he was keen on the job. But whether he would have been willing to fit into our new structure (assuming we would have wanted to impose it on him) is a question. And he has only had three games in charge so far.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If is a huge word - he could have come to us and been an abject failure, who knows.[/quote]

Because of dithering we will never know

In what way is what the board have described as their plan (borne out by events so far) dithering?

If they had said we will do a like for like replacement of Alex Neil before the end of the season, then yes, they could be accused of dithering. But they didn''t.

The fact we held on to Neil for so long when it was clearly failing, to the point that even the boards ambitions for this season had completely gone, could be seen as dithering

I''m chuffed to see NCFC radically change strategy in order to create future football & business success. Remember: "We can''t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them" said Albert Einstein.

We need far more than a quick switch of Manager!

If we got promoted be harder to ship the deadwood.

a) Players wages all go up.

b) Players who are out of contract probably get an automatic extension (like Turner did).

We need to stay in the champ, get the management team, recruitment team and sporting director in place. Give this squad the huge overhaul it needs and push on.

Of course, Move Klose, you then have the issues of finances

Staying in Champs may be good as it allows us to rebuild as you say, but where is the money coming from for that rebuild?

We are constantly going to be bidding against 7 or 8 teams that can offer an extra million or 2 and an extra 10k a week, plus teams with parachute payments

The board absolutely deserve scathing criticism for this season which has been a monumental screw up. Indeed they''ve wasted the opportunity of this season twice. Firstly by keeping Neil on for far too long and then subsequently by effectively writing off the last quarter of the season by not having their ducks in a row to sort out a replacement and telling Irvine to carry on as you were.

It may well be that Webber and this new all singing, all dancing structure works well in the future. I hope it does. However it doesn''t alter the fact that their decision making this season has been appalling and that they have wasted one year of our two year parachute payment window of opportunity and still appear to be a bunch of rank amateurs.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]The board absolutely deserve scathing criticism for this season which has been a monumental screw up. Indeed they''ve wasted the opportunity of this season twice. Firstly by keeping Neil on for far too long and then subsequently by effectively writing off the last quarter of the season by not having their ducks in a row to sort out a replacement and telling Irvine to carry on as you were.

It may well be that Webber and this new all singing, all dancing structure works well in the future. I hope it does. However it doesn''t alter the fact that their decision making this season has been appalling and that they have wasted one year of our two year parachute payment window of opportunity and still appear to be a bunch of rank amateurs.[/quote]

Completely correct and spot on. In fact, you could go as far as to say that they are ditherers.

And to add fire to the fuel, we now have a smooth talking, spin driven politician as Chairman. Politicians are infamous for not being able to make a decision. They are always kicking things into the long grass and dedicate all their actions to one thing and one thing only - winning votes. It will take a lot for EB to kick this lifelong habit.

[quote user="Webbo118"]And to add fire to the fuel, we now have a smooth talking, spin driven politician as Chairman. Politicians are infamous for not being able to make a decision. They are always kicking things into the long grass and dedicate all their actions to one thing and one thing only - winning votes. It will take a lot for EB to kick this lifelong habit.[/quote]

Or even fuel to the fire! Doesn''t really matter which; the result is roughly the same!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]In what way is what the board have described as their plan (borne out by events so far) dithering?

If they had said we will do a like for like replacement of Alex Neil before the end of the season, then yes, they could be accused of dithering. But they didn''t.[/quote]

I think you must have a short memory or be suffering from attention span deficit.

[quote user="Webbo118"]And to add fire to the fuel, we now have a smooth talking, spin driven politician as Chairman. Politicians are infamous for not being able to make a decision. They are always kicking things into the long grass and dedicate all their actions to one thing and one thing only - winning votes. It will take a lot for EB to kick this lifelong habit.[/quote]In the past we''ve had some chairman from various professions but they''ve all reverted to spin.One said ''If Chris Sutton isn''t here at the start of next season I won''t be either'', Chris went, the chairman stayed.One said all we had to do was be a bit cleverer than the other clubs to get promotion, that didn''t work.One said that we would soon be experiencing ''mid table mediocrity'', we got relegated.I sure the current chairman will (or probably already has) say something that will come back to haunt him, it''s part of the job.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Webbo118"]And to add fire to the fuel, we now have a smooth talking, spin driven politician as Chairman. Politicians are infamous for not being able to make a decision. They are always kicking things into the long grass and dedicate all their actions to one thing and one thing only - winning votes. It will take a lot for EB to kick this lifelong habit.[/quote]In the past we''ve had some chairman from various professions but they''ve all reverted to spin.One said ''If Chris Sutton isn''t here at the start of next season I won''t be either'', Chris went, the chairman stayed.One said all we had to do was be a bit cleverer than the other clubs to get promotion, that didn''t work.One said that we would soon be experiencing ''mid table mediocrity'', we got relegated.I sure the current chairman will (or probably already has) say something that will come back to haunt him, it''s part of the job.

[/quote]

The only difference is that we have a professional, highly trained spinner this time. Could almost be Shane Warne''s older brother.

Roger Munby''s job was in PR, you can''t get anymore ''professional'' or ''highly trained'' in the spin business.

The last throw of the die - before the parachute payments dwindle away - should have been a proper, experienced ''get us out of the chumps'' manager. Forget all this nonsense about structures and processes for at least12 months. If we fail to gain promotion next season we can fiddle with these matters as much as we want because the only things on the horizon will be player firesales, such as the Murphys, and relegation. You couldn''t make it up.

Funny that when Southampton sell one of their talented academy products and make a tidy sum in the process, they are applauded on all sides as successfully doing what other clubs aspire to do with their own academies. But if we do it, it is apparently a sign of failure!   

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The last throw of the die - before the parachute payments dwindle away - should have been a proper, experienced ''get us out of the chumps'' manager. Forget all this nonsense about structures and processes for at least12 months. If we fail to gain promotion next season we can fiddle with these matters as much as we want because the only things on the horizon will be player firesales, such as the Murphys, and relegation. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]

I totally agree, it may work but I''d much rather have gone with tried and tested