Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Are we officially on the beach yet?

Top 6 has been mentally impossible for several weeks. Performances should be reflected by players playing for their futures, but clearly their ability or mindset has gone astray this season. Too many transfer windows of poor investment, coupled with too much off-pitch uncertainty and irrelevant board activities.

Based on the email I got today, the club don''t see the season extending past May 8th.

Drink on arrival for all guests

Three-course meal with wine*

Board, management and players will be attending

VIP - £125 per person

(Arrival at 6.30pm)

Standard - £65 per person

(Arrival at 7pm)

The

Board of Directors, first team players and football management team

would like to invite you to the 2016-17 End of Season Awards Dinner,

sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements, on Monday, May 8.

This

prestigious evening will include highlights from the 2016-17 season,

presentation of the Player of the Season Award, interviews with members

of the first team squad and management team, whilst you enjoy a

three-course meal produced by Delia’s team of chefs.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Wouldn''t we make the playoffs if we win the next seven?[/quote]Yes but three of those games are away from home.

It''s not over until it''s over, but the lack of positivity coming out from the club and fans on here is staggering. Somehow there needs to be a spark of inspiration from somewhere to give us an end of season to remember. Perhaps at Huddersfield.....

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s not over until it''s over, but the lack of positivity coming out from the club and fans on here is staggering. Somehow there needs to be a spark of inspiration from somewhere to give us an end of season to remember. Perhaps at Huddersfield.....

[/quote]I am almost always of the "glass half-full" view, but equally I like to think my optimism is tempered with realism. It *is* over Lakey, time to acknowledge reality. There was a slim chance if we had beaten Villa, but if we couldn''t get a result there despite more attempts and 70% possession, how are we going to win away at Huddersfield and Leeds? And then we would need to beat Brighton, Fulham and Reading who the table shows are consistently better than us. There''s optimism, and then there''s delusion... Time to let go for this season.

I''ll wait until after the Huddersfield match. Fail to win that and it will be over - it''s a big game in our season and I hope the players are up for it.  It''s not over until it''s over.

You wont say that thought. lose at Huddersfield and you will say if we can take 6 points from Reading & Fulham...

For me, we still had a chance at Villa - especially after the Wednesday result - but the fact is after the club seemed to give up on it a few weeks ago it was already over

We may not "officially" be on the beach to all, but we have certainly arrived at the car park with flip flops in hand.

The only one who really believes it''s still on for the play offs is LDC, but then again yesterday on the Pink Un debate he said our away form was down to the fans! Deluded? Just a little 😂😂

[quote user="Morgan"]@Baldy - that clearly was a troll pretending to be LDC.[/quote]Indeed. It is a troll wasting journalists'' - and his own - time.   I should be flattered, I suppose, but really it''s a bit sad and whoever is doing it, knows it is sad - he just can''t help himself.

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s not over until it''s over, but the lack of positivity coming out from the club and fans on here is staggering. Somehow there needs to be a spark of inspiration from somewhere to give us an end of season to remember. Perhaps at Huddersfield.....

[/quote]Much as I admire your unwavering optimism LDC I think that''s partly down to the number of games you physically attend. I''ve said this before and it''s in no way having a go at you. I''m sure you would love to see the team a lot more but setting other committments aside living so far away must limit the occasions when you can get to a game.I think if you had sat through game after game in recent seasons even your '' it''s not over ''til it''s over '' enthusiasm would have worn a little thin by now.We have been poor all season and we are where we are on merit.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]It''s not over until it''s over, but the lack of positivity coming out from the club and fans on here is staggering. Somehow there needs to be a spark of inspiration from somewhere to give us an end of season to remember. Perhaps at Huddersfield.....

[/quote]Much as I admire your unwavering optimism LDC I think that''s partly down to the number of games you physically attend. I''ve said this before and it''s in no way having a go at you. I''m sure you would love to see the team a lot more but setting other committments aside living so far away must limit the occasions when you can get to a game.I think if you had sat through game after game in recent seasons even your '' it''s not over ''til it''s over '' enthusiasm would have worn a little thin by now.We have been poor all season and we are where we are on merit.[/quote]

I understand the point of view, but it is still a shame - and despite the poor season - it is still possible to turn it around. Getting very thin on chances now, I admit, but a surprise win tomorrow would have an effect on the end of season - and if other clubs lose games - which they will, it could still get interesting. Last chance tomorrow, though....

My apologies if that wasn''t you LDC!

You are still deluded if you believe we can get in the play offs though 😂😂

[quote user="Baldyboy"]My apologies if that wasn''t you LDC!

You are still deluded if you believe we can get in the play offs though 😂😂[/quote]

Maybe, although I''d rather be deluded than depressed.......[:P]

I agree it is better to be deluded, especially having suffered with depression previously, thankfully I am neither just living in the real world, which having seen how matches are going tonight you may well return to the real world too LDC and accept the play offs are gone!

I have been deluded most of the season and scarred by hope. I just checked my post back in August on the season predictions post and thought we were a club in transition. I had hoped underneath I would be wildly wrong.

Yet how many times over the last few months have I thought we might just sneak into the play offs. It''s pathetic but what can you do? You can be realistic but so often the heart rules the head.

Roll on 2017/18 and a play off place. That would do me.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]7 games left...but the next 6 against teams above us, never mind the playoffs, I think we''ll finish below Ipswich in around 16th place[/quote]

Although I wouldnt go as far as to say we will finish below the Scummers, with every passing week we are slipping down the table, even Villa are now level with us. A bottom half finish would just about sum it all up. What a dire dire season.

We''ve been on the beach all season and that suits the board just fine. Maybe the Canary should be replaced by a bottle of Suncream and a Pint of San Miguel?