Sign in to follow this  

Stuart Webber's to-do list

Assuming Webber is appointed as Sporting Director, what would you like him to do?

Pyro Pete wrote the following post at 2017-04-06 1:55 AM:

Assuming Webber is appointed as Sporting Director, what would you like him to do?

Does that question really need answering!

I know, I know, City 2nd. But there''s so much to do. New manager, yes. But what then? There''s so much wrong on the pitch - who stays, who goes?

Honestly, if I was Webber I''d be crawling on my hands and knees back to Huddersfield and saying I''ve made a huge mistake, please can I stay here and not join that bag of rubbish we''ve just humiliated.

Pyro Pete wrote the following post at 2017-04-06 2:08 AM:

I know, I know, City 2nd. But there''s so much to do. New manager, yes. But what then? There''s so much wrong on the pitch - who stays, who goes?

Well PP, if he could talk the owners into moving on, that for me should be his first task. Let''s face it, they haven''t set the club to the dizzy heights we all hoped for. Yes, we are grateful for their monetary input, but some of their decision making over the years is questionable, none more so than keeping a manager who oversaw our relegation from the prem, and allowing him to decimate this season too, before once again leaving it far too late to change things, and when they did, put Irvine, Neil''s first team coach, in charge! It beggars belief. I just hope Webber is up to the job, and not another owner puppet, and he makes the right choices for coach etc etc, and between them they unload the dross that performed (or rather failed to perform) out there tonight. It was just shameful, don''t think I have seen much worse in over fifty years of supporting NCFC.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Talk Dumb and Dumber into selling the club![/quote]That might have some legs if you could come up with a list of interested parties willing to buy or are interested in doing so.Unfortunately our future lays in the hands of the boy Tom.

City 2nd - I''m sure you know Webber won''t be getting involved in changing the owners, as much as we''d like to think new owners could come in and revolutionise the club. I agree it was crazy to sack Alex Neil and just leave the club in limbo.

I guess what i am asking is what should happen now? Because Webber is the man at the centre of our future. Who should Webber appoint as manager? Do we then have a mass clear out? Can we afford that? What players are worth keeping?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Talk Dumb and Dumber into selling the club![/quote]That might have some legs if you could come up with a list of interested parties willing to buy or are interested in doing so.Unfortunately our future lays in the hands of the boy Tom.[/quote]

We must interest parties more than Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford etc etc etc.

IMO we have the potential to be a bigger club than Southampton but have been stagnated by delia an co

first thing I''d want him to do is resign, citing a flawed proposed structure at the club.

Then maybe we can appoint a proper FOOTBALL MANAGER who can come in sign his own players ,manage the club and together with his appointed coaching staff ,coach the players......and is capable of working without being answerable to a ridiculous sporting director above him.

So Webber has to convince the owners to sell, then resign. This wasn''t quite the response I was expecting.

At Huddersfield he was very much under the radar, quietly going about his job at a club who were anticipating a relegation scrap, here he will be under huge pressure from the start.

Low down the pecking order i know but tell Oliveira it is April and ask why he is wearing gloves.

1. Scampi portion sizes

2. Sausage roll temperatures

3. Agreeing which supermarket we want potential new signings to use

4. Specifying the angle at which his car should be parked to signify a completed player purchase

Everything else should take care of itself once they''re sorted.

I nearly forgot:

5. A new defence

Yes we need a complete new defence, Pinto apart, but lets face it, realistically that could not and will not happen.Dijks will head back home, then theres Whittaker, Bassong, Martin, Turner, Bennett, arguably Klose to even...thats 7 defenders in all need replacing...just not going to happen. We dont even have the SD  in place yet, dont even have the  guy he will chose as Coach, the weeks will fly by, itll be hard enough to find 2 or 3 new defenders in the close season, never mind 7.Lets face it, as important as the coming close season will be, i envisage at least half of our current defence to still be here come the new season. And next season will firstly be a time to get us up to even mid table Champs form, talk of play offs is ridiculous.