Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

No respect to Russell Martin (or the defence)

An absolute shambles.

Like I''ve said, and been saying for 2 years + (and been slated for saying so) the love for this guy has killed our club.

No leadership.

Never a centre back.

A has been of a full back.

Clueless.

Never gets his knees dirty.

We have sunk to a new low.

None of our defence in the squad today should be here next season.

I hope all you Martin lovers will now wake up!?

The board have a lot to answer for!!

By no means the worst defender at the club either.

We have stagnated, continued twice with players that have proven to be not good enough for the Premier league and have no fight across the side.

Teams need to defend as an XI and the tracking of runners, fight, leadership in the centre of the park has been non-existent for a good while too.

Time for a decent CM, not ones that turn up 3 times out of 10. Plus of course a whole new defence.

Still, on the plus side at least we won''t be considering Irvine as a new manager :)

Yup, need to rip it out and start again.We have attacking players that will score goals but there''s obviously no confidence at the moment.What a ridiculously important summer for the club.

I said on another thread a few days back. I genuinely believe that we need shot of any defender/goalkeeper that''s made a senior appearance this season in my opinion.

Yes I take the point of midfielders not helping etc blah blah BUT, taking the midfields "efforts" out of it for a minute, our defence are making standalone errors both as a unit and as individuals that are unforgivable. Add to that their mindset and confidence that has clearly been obliterated and I honestly believe the only answer is to be shot if them all, even those that we try to justify by convincing ourselves they''d be better if only they had better around them.

Cobblers! Thanks and good luck for the future Mr Martin and colleagues.

At last a post with fact.

The so called fans/happyclappers have caused the demise of NCFC.

By supporting dross players who should not be anywhere near a championship club (R.Martin, R.Bennett, etc etc etc) these 2 get singled out because they are happyclappers favourites.

We now have about 4/5 good players and the rest are league 2 players at best.

I''d say the comment the midfield is just as culpable to blame is fair, as long as you include the whole team in the statement. Long ball to Jerome surrenders possession to the opposition. Tettey now doesn''t have the physical traits to keep up so teams then dominate the middle. Our defence isn''t good enough to take a full 90 minutes of pressure. And McGovern couldn''t reach a postage stamp in a post office.

The system has become rotten and needs an entirely new perspective.

Agree with you that none of the back 5 came out with any credit tonight. Next season we also need to get rid of Tettey and Naismith who did a lot of shouting and pointing, but not much else. Howson and Wildschutt looked average and the only 2 players who looked up for the challenge for me were Pritchard and Jerome.

[quote user="simmo_2"]At last a post with fact.

The so called fans/happyclappers have caused the demise of NCFC.

By supporting dross players who should not be anywhere near a championship club (R.Martin, R.Bennett, etc etc etc) these 2 get singled out because they are happyclappers favourites.

We now have about 4/5 good players and the rest are league 2 players at best.[/quote]
I thought that Russ was the happy clappers favourite and Bennett was the favourite of those opposed to the happy clappers. When did Bennett change sides? When he got back in the team?? They''re all good on the bench...