Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Good to see McClaren in the crowd

Also, its not exactly hard to pick him out, pathetic crowd for a team chasing promotion. Watch it fill up if they get promoted ...

I know I shouldn''t reply, as all TG posts deserve to be ignored and left to disappear in to the ether

[quote user="Number 9"]Have you worked with Stevie, Mr Grit?

Can you share any insight?[/quote]Is his hair island even more impressive in real life than on the telly?HAIIIIR IIIIIISLAND

[quote user="Number 9"]It''s good on a large screen[/quote]Oh hi Grefstad, how''s it going?

Can''t beleive the negativity towards Steve here. We''re talking about UEFA pro licenced manager with international, European and domestic experience; An individual who''s lead sides to league and cup honours. What I like most is his etiquette, itegrity and dignity -but mainly his etiquette. I flicked over to the Chelsea game St half time and witnessed Conte waving his arms around like an out of control helicopter. further more he was a good 10 yards put of his technical area, an offence punishable by the FA. The last thing the club needs is someone who can''t control themselves and that sure as hell isn''t Steve - the guys immaculate.

[quote user="True Grit"]Can''t beleive the negativity towards Steve here. We''re talking about UEFA pro licenced manager with international, European and domestic experience; An individual who''s lead sides to league and cup honours. What I like most is his etiquette, itegrity and dignity -but mainly his etiquette. I flicked over to the Chelsea game St half time and witnessed Conte waving his arms around like an out of control helicopter. further more he was a good 10 yards put of his technical area, an offence punishable by the FA. The last thing the club needs is someone who can''t control themselves and that sure as hell isn''t Steve - the guys immaculate.[/quote]Give it a rest TG.It''s not very funny at the best of times but certainly not tonight....

Surely it could be argued that in a head coach role rather than as a traditional manager, we could do far worse than McLaren (even if he''d not be in my top 10 choices)?As long as the strategy and tactical approach coming down from the Sporting Director is being adhered to, then McLaren is a much better bet than many of the names that have been bandied around.Let''s face it, Fergie trusted him for a long time as his assistant, and in the proposed new structure we are going for, the head coach role is far more similar to this than the usual British manager''s job IMHO.As I say, wouldn''t be my first choice (would rather we go for someone like Wagner or similar potential talent from abroad), but could be far worse.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Number 9"]It''s good on a large screen[/quote]Oh hi Grefstad, how''s it going?[/quote]

Not sure where that came from, I''m not Grefstad.