Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Whitaker, Bennet and McGovern

Bennett slow tonight - lacks pace.

Whittaker and Martin - count their tackles made.

All ball watching constantly and far more shadowing players because they can''t keep ahead off and then raising arms. Scared to tackle because....to slow and gutless.

I have no time for Whitaker whatsoever but based on last night he was better than Martin, Bennett and Klose.

I would rather see him start Saturday at right back than Martin. At least Djiks and surely Bassong has to play so basically picking one from Martin, Bennett and Klose.

whittaker was always going to be in for a torrid time, smith has been superb down that flank and as a fill in left back while he was second best there have been far worse defensive performances this season, Starting with the 5 of the 6 defensive players alongside him, Klose nows his time here is coming to an end and played as such, bennett and martin where in their preferred positions and looked a league below the champs, tettey has lost his bite and howson was so anonymous it was a surprise (and his only notable contribution) when he was booked.

I include tettey and howson as their role in that position is to provide a shield and get the ball forward. Their inability to get the ball to pritchard was as key as their inability to disrupt their midfield or win the ball back. That was as key as the poor back 4. Neither have performed.

Apathy is right, embarrassment is true.