Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

Are we where we're supposed to be?

During that torrid season in the Premier League, Champ teams got smart.

It looks increasingly likely it''ll take us a while to get promoted given the levels of quality teams we''ll be competing with alongside the likes of Reading, Derby, Leeds et al.

In that sense did our club (Owners/Board) fail to future proof and in that sense are we supposed to be a mid-table Champ side?

Are our fans prone to lean towards an entitlement that the flirtations with the Premier League have seeded?

I''d like to know your opinion, think it''s quite interesting to see in our failure to obtain PL establishment and this curious drive of continuous poor player/manager recruitment as football across the country changed.

We are presently testing the mid to lower reaches of our historical position in the football pyramid.

We cannot argue with the results. We are where are because we have got it wrong.

I think the performance last night illustrated that the club is moving toward a crucial period.

And as much as we remain positive that we can turn it around, I think it might be harder than we imagined.

But to be positive, Fulham looked to be on the brink of disaster with a massive clear out of the big wage earners but have bounced back somewhat.

In terms of money paid out no.

The few games i have seen this season we look like a glass jawed boxer.

We swing about looking like we might do something and all the time the opposition have to just wait knowing one nice punch and we will go down.

The other teams have not looked that great imho and out problems are down to a shoddy defence and an approach where we are too open without being aggressive enough to press teams half arsed pressing so to speak.

A clear out of unmotivated players and recruiting some dynamic younger ones allied to a more disciplined approach away from home will see us in the playoffs next year.

A good project for the new director and manager. I hope the new SD is as good at selling/moving players on as he is at buying them.

It depends whether you judge it on recent £££ or history / status / reputation / ''size''.

The problem with the latter is ... are we supposed to be above Stoke, Bournemouth, Derby, Watford, Burnley, Hull, Swansea, Forest, Wednesday, Leeds, Ipswich etc ... ???!

I don''t think the majority of our fans think we should ALWAYS be Premier League certainties or promotion favourites but with the squad we had at the start of the season waving the white flag for the playoffs in March is a huge failure.

Four out of five seasons in the Premier League but failled to make the right decisions to become a Premier club.