Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Huddersfield success down to Webber or Wagner ??

i have been thinking about this is it a chicken or the egg question which one brought the success ??

And by success i mean 3rd in league they are not up yet !!

I personally think its Wagner i know Webber brought him to huddersfield but we all know one manager e.g Lambert can be followed by a Adams or a Alex Neil

So have huddersfield got a lambert style manager who is fitting the club well and having some success or was it all because Webber set it all up so well ????

Not throwing a downer on the Appointment of Webber just wondered others thoughts ??

yes i am sure just asking a question

we all know a good Manager can motivate a team to play to a higher standard

Webber will be in charge of putting everything together not head coach so without wagner will it be a success ??

Remember McNally, Lambert, Culverhouse, Carver.

The sum of their parts was/is greater than as individuals.

Perhaps the same is at Huddersfield?

Aaron Mooy''s had a big hand in their success as well. Far too good and intelligent for this league. He could actually play for Man City as strange as that sounds given that they signed him, he was a gamble but twice now to me has looked several leagues better than anyone else on the pitch. Mooy was offered to Huddersfield as well, he wasn''t a Webber or Wagner signing. Easily a top 6 PL midfielder and as well as they''ve done this year, I don''t think they''d have been pushing the top 2 all year without him

does it have to be one or the other? For me its clearly both.

Webber seems to have gotten the playing side & recruitment structured correctly by working with Wagner, while wagner has created a team with a clear plan and philosophy that the players are able to deliver.

I would love to tempt Wagner but suspect he is destined for bigger things; fortunately the bundesliga I & II has more just like him that we can appoint. I am sure webber has clear contigency plans brought with him from huddersfield.

Good times ahead.

PS agree HR - Mooy is the best player I have seen in the champs this season. Yes he was offered (to how many other clubs too, its a standard large club tactic) but Huddersfield still said yes and made it work.

I think it''s pretty clear irrespective of which league Huddersfield are playing in next season that Mooy will be playing Premier League football.

I don''t see the benefit in trying to separate the success of Huddersfield down to one individual. The fact Huddersfield played hard ball with Webber indicates they didn''t want to lose him.

And for the record, I think Lambert was obviously a special manager for us but McNally had a big hand in making it work for us too.

I would suggest it is a combination of both Wagner and Webber as they create the environment that has allowed the players to play the way they do, without fear.

The togetherness they have is like we used to have when Lambert was here, haven''t seen many clubs replicate that, the Terriers have!

Combination of both!

There are many reasons why Huddersfield have become successful; it all starts with attitude & strategy - exactly why we''ve recruited the guy who appears to have masterminded it for the Terriers.

Given the structure is now in place at Huddersfield & Webber already had a succession plan for when Wagner leaves (which he clearly will at some point) - our new SD arrives well-tooled to do a great job at Norwich.

To appoint Wagner at Norwich - even if it were possible - would cause delay. It''s much more likely we''ll see a Head Coach off Webber''s list who''ll need to dovetail into the new culture & philosophy that he will create here.

Be fantastic next season if the main thing we''re talking about is who we attribute our new-found success to!

And of course, the players ability to play to the manager''s style and look comfortable doing it.

As others have said, it''s both. However, the process starts with Webber''s appointment. So if you''re looking for the origins of Huddersfield''s success, then arguably you have to credit their board for attracting Webber in the first place.

I guess in turn you have to credit our board for nabbing him, too. It seems to me Webber is the key but clearly they worked well together - I don''t think there''s too much chance of us getting Wagner but as Webber has said, they had plans in place for if he did leave and we can tap into those.

Was Webber actually responsible for bringing Wagner in to Huddersfield as people seem to be saying?

His role at Huddersfield was less than his role here, so not actually sure if we was responsible for replacing Powell with Wagner?

I think the whole point of changing the structure is to ensure that there is continuity in how we play regardless of who the manager is. So, that being the case, losing Webber should be of more concern to Huddersfield than losing Wagner would. Therefore, if Webber does the job that we hope he does here, getting this man in will be more important than who gets the head coaches job. Hope that makes sense.