Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

" Fantastic facilities already in place "

So says Stuart Webber but i thought lack of up to date facilities and the need to invest heavily on upgrading Colney was used as an excuse in recent times as to why recruitment has been difficult ?

To be fair, he doesn''t say which facilities. He could be referring to the catering.

Hope he hasn''t been brainwashed by The Cook The Dancer or Master Tom

daly wrote the following post at 06/04/2017 8:00 PM:

Hope he hasn''t been brainwashed by The Cook The Dancer or Master Tom

"The Cook the Dancer and Master Tom" C. S. Lewis😀

In fairness, he''s been up in Huddersfield for the past couple of years. And spent the last two weeks ''gardening'' .Norwich is fantastic in comparison.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]So says Stuart Webber but i thought lack of up to date facilities and the need to invest heavily on upgrading Colney was used as an excuse in recent times as to why recruitment has been difficult ?[/quote]Hmm. Very worrying indeed that he is so blind to reality. In every other first interview I have seen from someone coming to a football club they have made a point of being honestly critical of just how awful everything is. This really doesn''t bode well.

Well now who should we believe in that case,previous regimes who indicated to us that the current facilities at Colney were holding us back or our new man Webber who has indicated we already have ''fantastic facilities'' ?

People will believe what suits their current default position best.

I assume that given we''re no longer a premier league club that we''re shopping in a different market. Perhaps our facilities stand up to scrutiny better in Asda than they do in Waitrose?

Our aim Duncan is to be shopping in Waitrose again sooner rather than later surely and with that Colney comes as part of the package. Webber has not come here to gain friends and make the right noises but to sort out was has become a shambles in recent times. Do you think he said the facilities were fantastic when others at the club told us they were not merely to keep his new employers on board ?

Yes. It''s a tough one.

I quite agree that we need to be aiming for a return to premium shops. I thought that was why we were looking to improve facilities.

As for the new guy; I''m not REALLY sure what you wanted him to say?

"I''m delighted to have left an upwardly mobile club in Huddersfield Town to join this Keystone Cops outfit. I''m looking forward to working under the current board of dinosaurs and becoming the latest in a long line of professionals to be labelled a yes man, puppet of the board or clown.

It''s clear that the players here are woeful, the facilities are like something that Ireland Ladies are used to but I''ll be doing my best to keep the club cost neutral, debt free and reasonably competitive in the lower leagues.

Truth is, I''ve only come here for the money and I''m happy to sacrifice the reputation I''ve worked hard to build up previously in order to receive the sizeable increment to my remuneration.

The club is a joke, I am confident that I''ll be delivering punchlines sooner rather than later.

And I''m a binner. From Mulbarton."

Maybe that would have been better received?

Moaning for the sake of moaning, he hasn''t even taken his fucking coat off yet.

Well he also said he had a big job on his hands. It''s not really too difficult to reconcile the two statements -- as long as you aren''t simply intent on being negatively perverse. There''s no reason to suppose Webber regards portacabins as "fantastic facilities", but then they aren''t the club''s only facilities, are they? 

I''m pretty sure he listed examples and by facilities I don''t think he meant purely the physical entities in and around the club. I reckon the Category A academy is a big bonus for him.

Well said Duncan Edwards.

I always laugh at the detailed scrutiny people pull apart these types of statements, when in reality they were probably written by someone in the media team after a 2 minute chat with Webber.

I worry that Webber''s appointment has being trumpeted a bit too loudly and he will be under huge pressure. The point of bringing a Sporting Director in is that they can usually avoid the massive short-term-ism that is associated with managers - having such a high profile might mean Webber isn''t afforded that luxury.

You can guarantee that after our first defeat next season someone will be on here claiming that it hasn''t worked.

You can guarantee that after our first win next season someone will be on here claiming that it hasn''t worked. :-)

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Yes. It''s a tough one.

I quite agree that we need to be aiming for a return to premium shops. I thought that was why we were looking to improve facilities.

As for the new guy; I''m not REALLY sure what you wanted him to say?

"I''m delighted to have left an upwardly mobile club in Huddersfield Town to join this Keystone Cops outfit. I''m looking forward to working under the current board of dinosaurs and becoming the latest in a long line of professionals to be labelled a yes man, puppet of the board or clown.

It''s clear that the players here are woeful, the facilities are like something that Ireland Ladies are used to but I''ll be doing my best to keep the club cost neutral, debt free and reasonably competitive in the lower leagues.

Truth is, I''ve only come here for the money and I''m happy to sacrifice the reputation I''ve worked hard to build up previously in order to receive the sizeable increment to my remuneration.

The club is a joke, I am confident that I''ll be delivering punchlines sooner rather than later.

And I''m a binner. From Mulbarton."

Maybe that would have been better received?

Moaning for the sake of moaning, he hasn''t even taken his fucking coat off yet.[/quote]Duncan i was comparing words used by Stuart Webber to describe our facilities and those that have been coming out of the club over the last year or so. I am fully and completely behind our new man so i hope you and smiley emoticon man take note. Do i perceive that you think words used yesterday were sweet noises to keep his employers and fans happy on his first day ? Then again he might have been talking the truth and previous statements made were the falsehoods regarding Colney holding us back.Time will tell what has been going on at Colney if he is the man i hope and pray he is. Costa del Colney will be confined to history we all hope.

Don''t see the point of this thread to be honest. We all knew that our facilities needed upgrading, McNally even said it himself.

Maybe Webber did think they were good enough for where we are, and it''s possible he was comparing ours to Huddersfield and maybe ours are better?

Just seems like a chance for the usual suspects to have a whinge about the club.