Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Got to see the darkness through to reach the bright new dawn...

An attempt at reason while we endure the death throes of this horrible season.

http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/norwich-city-eh

If somebody could clickify the link I''d appreciate itπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

Cant do a clicky but agree with the sentiments completely.

Take time / stock and get the right people in rather than taking the first available.

No point getting frustrated until the summer, even if we lose every one of the remaining games (and whether or not we play the yoof), as it will be different in 3 months time.

Yes, agree with this well reasoned and written piece.

So we''ll just have to accept that it''s "Jam tomorrow" and hope that it isn''t that diabetic, sugar-free sh1t!

Interesting article. We''re still left in limbo until a new manager is appointed and that aimlessness will inevitably only fuel discontent among supporters. Webber''s arrival at least marks the beginning of the process of change. Trouble is we have six games of treading water to get out the way until a busy summer of transfer dealings begins. Only then will we have some idea of where the club is heading.

Am I the only person who is not convinced by the new structure?

It just seem to be talk, full of buzzwords that deflects away from possibly the biggest issue. It doesn''t matter what the structure is, who the head coach is, or who the SD is.

What does matter is that we have an ageing squad, with a lot of players out of contract (hence no resale value) and a huge rebuilding job. Its going to cost a lot to replace those players, let alone rebuild the squad.

And like it or not, to rebuild, you need to sign players that improve the squad. And do we really have enough money to sign the amount of players we need at the quality we expect?

Or is Webber expected to turn us into Huddersfield over night?

A bright new dawn? maybe.... certainly hope so, and personally i am pleased the board are looking to evolve through a new structure and trying to build something for the future. Webber is the first piece of the jigsaw, patience is now the no1 requirement.

Good piece Duncan.You''re lucky being otherwise engaged with the Grand National tomorrow. If the atmosphere at Carrow Rd isn''t toxic it''ll be as flat as the fallers in the big race.Football fans are notoriously impatient now we''re swamped with social media. In the old days there would be a post-match debate in the pub, a few ranty letters in the '' Pink-Un '' and gentle back page fillers from the sport staffers in the EDP and EEN during the week. Now it''s in your face 24 hours a day, so much so that local journos don''t even bother to toe the line and happily pile in with their ten penneth of criticism.I think I''m right in saying this is the first time in in eleven seasons that at this stage we haven''t been involved in a promotion or relegation issue. Some younger fans have known nothing different but even for us old codgers who''ve seen it all before it still feels weird.

You''re a talented writer Duncan. I like this:

" Even if you chill your anger down to a rolling boil it''s likely to not only get your goat but probably take it home too."

Afraid I haven''t read the article, but I am mates with Dan Hawkins, so does that help? Cant wait to meet Dawn , she sounds lovely.

So ,, in summary , if we wait , lose every game , continue to ignore fringe players next season everything will be ok and after three years of our board ignoring common sense totally , they will suddenly see the failings of their set ways , and everything will be mended .

That''s a relief , because I thought it might be more complicated than that .

Wow.

Whenever I write anything I''m aware that it''s likely to split opinion, after all, it''s just me putting mine out there to be shot at. However, your summary appears to be based on somebody else''s because I can''t for the life of me deduce where you''ve drawn your comments from.

Of course it isn''t a bury your head and it''ll all be ok tomorrow situation, to suggest so would be naive. The board have, like it or not, taken measures and made decisions to go another way, to change the model and alter our approach. How you can, at this point, be critical of the future based on what they''ve done with a previous approach is apples and oranges. It''s like blaming a 20 year old German for the Second World War.

Maybe it won''t work. What is definite is that THIS isn''t working. For now I''m willing to see how this more modern system pans out before I write it off.

Webber was the cornerstone; they''ve completed what they feel is the solid outside of a very complicated jigsaw puzzle. It''s early days but he''s an impressive young man with a sound grounding and reputation. If we appoint a similarly impressive head coach, and freshen the playing staff as he seems to recognise is already required, I fail to see how - with a hint of optimism and a tiny bit of pride in the club you support - it can be regarded as anything but potentially exciting and bright as we move forward.

Just watched Webber''s full press conference and I''m excited again. Very impressive, the absolute antithesis of a Jez Moxey type character.

I''m fully prepared for us to maybe get the first head coach appointment wrong, sometimes things just don''t work out, it happens but I think in a couple of seasons time at least we''ll have a really exciting, young, attacking team that would get us up and be well poised to adjust to the league above.

Give it a watch if you have the clubs online player, he talks absolute sense and I didn''t detect any bu11sh1t, which was always practically spewing at the camera lense every time Moxey was interviewed