Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Coco The Clown McGovern.

I don''t think morty will be back anytime soon:-

"Nope. Not even if they unbanned me. The daft old fannies and quarter wits have claimed it. Its duller than dishwater now."

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]This is why we need Morty back[/quote]Why? Because I put out a considered and reasonable point of view on here?   You could try arguing the case yourself.

I think if you polled the majority of fans most would agree that McGovern was at fault for at least two of the goals.

Yes, Bennett effed up for the first one, but McGovern did nothing to make it harder for the striker, he practically watched it go in.

For the second he was beaten at his near post.

For the third, yes there may have been a deflection but he''s got hardly anything on it and it''s gone through him.

Any half decent goalkeeper, or indeed a fan plucked from the sway end, is going to make a better fist of it than he did. And we''ve seen it before from McGovern.

[quote user="lake district canary"]And I wager that Irvine knows more about football than you. [:|][/quote]That may be true but luckily I don''t have to publically protect players from valid criticism when they''ve had a howler (or 3)

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I don''t think morty will be back anytime soon:-

"Nope. Not even if they unbanned me. The daft old fannies and quarter wits have claimed it. Its duller than dishwater now."[/quote]

He would say that wouldn''t he. "It''s duller than dishwater because I''ve left". Sums him up

Norwich City''s current contracted goalkeepers & ages

Ruddy 30 +

McGovern 30+

Jones 30 +

Rudd 26

Matthews 23

Killip 21

Oxborough 18

Hallett 19

Youth keepers

Hale- Brown 17

McCracken 17

Take your pick.

I hope Rudd goes & makes himself no1 somewhere for the next 10 years.

Anybody know how Matthews is getting on? He''s probably the sort of age where he is now going to be looking for regular 1st team football

McGovern is 32 and never played outside of a Scottish league and not even for a decent Scottish club. At his age, that''s says all you need to know. He had one good game against the Germans last summer and that''s it, the rest of his career has been average at best.

Couldn''t agree more with the post above. Mcgovern will have one good game and then a string of games where we concede a number of goals that you could question he should save. I would say our defence isn''t exactly helping anything but I cannot defend him as a goalkeeper playing 1st team football for Norwich City. He hasn''t shown any consistency and lets in too many savable shots. Ruddy has proved he can do it and I hope to see him reinstated on Saturday - but I know he won''t because Irvine is keeping to Neils tactics.

To say that Ruddy ( 8 goals conceded with 8 shots) is better than McGovern, although true, is saying very little.

Norwich''s tradition of great keepers - Nethercott, Keelan, Woods and Green, to name a few, has been sullied by these two clowns this season, and neither should be considered suitable moving forward.

How are clubs like Burnley, Sunderland and Hull able to recruit the likes of Heaton, Pickford and Jakupovic, when all we seem to obtain are keepers unfit for purpose?

We need to build from the back. Retain Pinto and start again from scratch.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 06/04/2017 9:34 AM:

I don''t think morty will be back anytime soon:-

"Nope. Not even if they unbanned me. The daft old fannies and quarter wits have claimed it. Its duller than dishwater now."

My word, slagging off our message board and posters again, just like he did when he flounced off to the other place, what a jerk.

McGovern is an average keeper who is made to look worse than he is by the quality of our defending. No keeper would look consistently good behind our defence.

out top 2 keepers are both crap.Mcgovern is slightly worse than Ruddy.Ruddy used to be a good keeper but not anymore, its always the same , players on the bench are suddenly better than when they were last playing

It is amazing that such a crucial position in the team has been left to stagnate. Ruddy''s better days are behind him. While McGovern showed against Huddersfield he offers no improvement. Another position for Webber to improve in the summer - he''s going to be busy.

Ruddy has had some of the poorest centre half pairings we`ve had for a long time, put in front of him for probably the last two seasons now. It doesn`t matter how good a keeper you are if the the two players directly in font of you are constantly letting you down the law of averages says you will concede often. A different back four almost every game for two years is not exactly the best way to give the keeper confidence. Yes he`s had his poor games but is by far our best number 1.

Can''t really blame the centre halfs for Ruddy''s reluctance to come for corners, crosses etc. 2 really poor keepers

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]Oh - and I see the manager agrees.

[/quote]Does that mean that you are right or does it mean that the manager is as clueless as you?[/quote][:D][/quote]

Ha ha.......unless the manager is right. [:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]Oh - and I see the manager agrees.

[/quote]Does that mean that you are right or does it mean that the manager is as clueless as you?[/quote][:D][/quote]

[/quote]

The interim manager is as clueless as the former manager, so by a process of elimination . . . . . . . .

[quote user="Yellow Fever Returns"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]Oh - and I see the manager agrees.

[/quote]

The interim manager is as clueless as the former manager, so by a process of elimination . . . . . . . .[/quote]

[:D]  But then I see a defender c*ck it up, I see a defence standing still letting an opposing forward turn with no challenge right in front of the goal and I see a powerful shot take a tiny deflection off Klose''s boot.  Maybe all that is wrong, after all I may be imagining things..........or maybe that is what happened - and the reason why the manager didn''t blame the goalie.

LDC - instead of continually arguing you are correct, may I suggest you watch the highlights (easily available on sky spors website)

The ball is at least half a yard away from Kloses foot - there is no deflection. The angle is right in line with the shot as well so that can''t be used as an excuse. It''s not even that powerful. It simply goes straight through McGovern.

First goal is 50-50, second agree that defence is still but still poor goalkeeping