Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Club statement on new boss

Irvine until end of season.

Head coach process underway but appointment will be after end of season.

Webber has told them to do that according to the system.

On official site. On phone so can''t do proper link.

http://canaries.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-club-statement-3663629.aspx

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 07/04/2017 6:48 PM:

Now give some of the talented and eager youngsters a taste of first team action! Yes [Y]

That would certainly raise my enthusiasm for the game tomorrow.

Why play the hasbeens who will be gone at the end of the season.

Give the youngsters some experience.

Predicted this when AN was canned. Makes sense.

I''ve also been keen for the youth to be given a go but I do have concerns that throwing the likes of Maddison in front of the baying mob might be more detrimental than beneficial at this juncture.

I mean, fair chance of us getting beat again tomorrow in another NCFC dead rubber, why expose them to the toxic atmosphere?

This suggests that it will be Webber and not the new manager who will decide which players we keep re contract renewals etc. Sort of implicit in the new structure but interesting (to me anyway) that the new man will not have a say.Agree that it is the right decision - probably have a wider choice at the end of the season.

Understand the logic of waiting, but why not put someone like Hucks in charge to give us a bit of incentive to go.

I personally can''t be bothered to watch any more of that dross this season.

Might as well have kept Alex Neil & got rid at the end of the season.

What a shambles

Don''t think the toxic atmosphere would be toxic if the youngsters were getting a go to be fair duncan.

Jacob got a fair bit of stick when he mishit a shot - probably due to general frustration - but perhaps a worry when blooding youngsters?

No surprise. Webber made it clear the club weren''t going to rush into appointing a new manager.It''s still frustrating that we''re stuck with Irvine for another six games though. Hopefully we''ll see a few youngsters given a chance.

Time for Irvine to earn his wages and show a bit of professional pride. Another show like Wednesday and it''s absolutly pointless him being here.

I hear you Hoggy but 0-3 at half time and a misplaced pass or two?

Dunno.

Whatever is decided it matters not a jot. It''s what''s happens through the summer and beyond.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"].....

I''ve also been keen for the youth to be given a go but I do have concerns that throwing the likes of Maddison in front of the baying mob might be more detrimental than beneficial at this juncture.

I mean, fair chance of us getting beat again tomorrow in another NCFC dead rubber, why expose them to the toxic atmosphere?[/quote]I agree.Would be more sensible to bung ''em in for an away game first.

Totally underwhelmed with this news! I am expecting to see 4 crap performances from the usual suspects in our remaining home games as I really doubt Irvine has the balls to play the youngsters!

What a waste of games, pointless.

The board have been totally clueless with their timing in sacking AN together with appointing the next manager/coach. We will start next season on the back foot playing catchup.

Who knows the new coach will probably give our deadwood new contracts because they haven''t seen them play under pressure.

[quote user="dibbler"]What a waste of games, pointless.

The board have been totally clueless with their timing in sacking AN together with appointing the next manager/coach. We will start next season on the back foot playing catchup.

Who knows the new coach will probably give our deadwood new contracts because they haven''t seen them play under pressure.[/quote]

That''s not the coaches job, it''s the Webber''s job.

Couldn''t make it up.

If this was announced after Neil was sacked, Irvine may have given it a go to try and make up ground to the playoffs.

Instead he was told not to change things that much as he was only in charge for 2 games. Then another 3. Now until the end of the season, when the playoffs have gone. In that time he could have made changes to try and affect our season, not just kept is ticking over.

Why not just make the obvious decision straight away, to give us the best possible chance this season? Instead we have waited another 4 games of indecision that has finally killed off our season. Another correct decision made at completely the wrong time.

And Irvine hardly wants to be here anymore does he...

I was going to say, surely Webber will now be sorting out contract renewals. Once the new coach/manager is appointed they will of course be consulted, but with Webber ultimately taking all the ''big picture'' decisions.

The timing of all this ain''t great but we are at last seemingly addressing our biggest weakness, recruitment, in good time for the summer.

There is a good news in amongst all the understandable misery at the way this season has been and in particular the way we seem to be finishing it.

[quote user=" Badger"]This suggests that it will be Webber and not the new manager who will decide which players we keep re contract renewals etc. Sort of implicit in the new structure but interesting (to me anyway) that the new man will not have a say.Agree that it is the right decision - probably have a wider choice at the end of the season.

[/quote]There will be a wider choice at the end of the season. But it could also mean all the names on Webber''s shortlist (which could be as few as one) are/is currently in work. I would not have thought doing it this way is bound to mean that timing alone will prevent the head coach from having a say on contracts. If Webber does know who he wants then that person could be in place well before the end of May. And contracts run until the end of June. Even if Webber is choosing a head coach he knows will get the team playing the way he wants I would imagine he would still prefer to discuss who in the squad is suitable for that style.

No it is crackers . We had 12 games. Either leave Neil in charge or tempt Irvine into shaking it up and having a wild thrash at the playoffs . Throwing in the towel that early is ridiculous.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I was going to say, surely Webber will now be sorting out contract renewals. Once the new coach/manager is appointed they will of course be consulted, but with Webber ultimately taking all the ''big picture'' decisions.[/quote]
Yep. Webber said very clearly that he knows these players anyway, because they''re names in the footballing world - he doesn''t think he''ll learn anything about their ability but was hoping he might learn something about their character.
Webber will be deciding who stays and who goes, but he also said a clearout was needed and players will surely have a kick up the ar5e now the man deciding their future is in the building.

“my brief is still the same. Keep things nice and steady, look after things until the changes are made. A lot of people maybe in my position would have seen it is a job application scenario. I have not approached it in that manner"

This was before the Villa game. Imagine if he already been given until the end of the season and was not afraid to shake it up in order to chase down the playoffs? Or if he wanted the job?

Instead we have written off 1/4 season with poorly timed decisions, now only making a final decision when the playoffs had completely gone.