koimatsuba

Is it time for Kevin Keegan?

10 games gone ....

9 points from 30

2 wins 3 draws from 10

What now?

Wait until Christmas?

Take action now?

How can the board sack a manger who wins the derby match and away from home?

I think we should remove worthy from his position. Yes he has done well in the past, and Yes it might be too soon....

BUT unless we act now this season will be nothing more than a mid-table disaster.

I vote for Kevin Keegan, a man who would give the team some passion and at this stage in the season probably a play-off place. He would win the respect of the team. We could be like Man city in their championship year. We have the players, but not the spark needed to win and then win again!

Come on .... its time for a change. Well done worthy for the past, but I think your time has come to a end.

i dont vote Keegan, hes a joke of a manager! id sooner endure another 10 years of worthy than 1 season of him!

he hasnt done anything of note, Except re sign Alan Shearer for Newcastle. He got the England job because no one else wanted it, and his best acheivement was taking Manchester City to mid table in the prem and having no defenders whatsoever!

i suppose you want 73 year old Bobby Robson as his assistant too?

jas

There''s no need to shout.

Can I ask what Kevin Keegan has actually done in management....not a great deal when you consider the financial backing he''s had at all the clubs he''s been at.

Should we be looking for a new manager then we need someone with a reputation for playing good football, encouraging youth and being able to get results despite having little in the way of resources

Here is the action I''d be taking right now if I was Delia and Company. I''d put Williams in charge as caretaker manager and I would keep a very close eye on the David Moyes situation at Everton. It does not matter that Everton are having a dismal start, Moyes has shown what he can do with a small budget at Preston as well as what can be achieved with a less talented group than the big Premiership clubs. I have never rated Everton''s board room very highly and possibly Moyes was expecting more support this year to help propel the club forward. Whatever is wrong at Everton, however, I feel that Moyes could be a great candidate for us if he becomes available. Would he be motivated to come here given the time he has now spent in the Premiership? Maybe, maybe not, but we are a bigger club than Preston was and I think David could be convinced that he is just the man to take us to the Premiership and keep us there.

will probably get slated for this as it seems no one is happy unless a big name manager comes in, but what about alex inglethorpe? brilliant young manager. eager to learn more, and would more than likely relish the chance to make the step up to this level. certainly cant do any worse than worthingtons doing at the moment.

i''ve allways backed worthy in the past, but the ''mcveigh incident'' on saturday was simply the last straw, i think we need a change. and i believe a good young manager with a lot of ambition would be far better for us than bringing in an older has been (or never been as with some of the rediculous suggestions ive heard). worthington did seem to fit the former role to begin with, but his tactics and team selection have been his downfall from day one... why not bring someone new and fresh into the club who is working because he wants to succeed as a manager, not someone who has managed god knows how many clubs and lacks the same passion and sheer grit and determination a younger manager would have.

Kevin Keegan is the big name this club needs.

1. He will get the respect of the team

2. He has stormed the old div 1 with Man city.

3. With his style of play and our Front line of ashton etc we will score goals. Goals mean points!

4. He has had success with Newcastle Top of the prem)  and Fulham (promotions)  and some with england (bloody hard job)

5. Who else is there? Some nobody again. Or some ex Norwich player with no experience!

We have no chance of Steve Bruce! or Martin O''neil.

6. Just imagine ............

Its a Friday and Norwich City Appoint Kevin Keegan on a 4 year contract as manager. The papers go mad. Sky sports news show it every 20mins. The EDP has a pullout special. The confidence of the team and fans soars to new levels. Come the Saturday we win 3-0 away at Brighton. Come Christmas we are in the top 6. And then what? .....

If we want to become a Priemership club, we must employ a big name. If not then lets carry on with this current staff.

7. There is only two problems:

a. Kevin Keegan probably won''t get on with Huckerby, but he might.

b. Can we afford Keegans Wages?

Apart from that, Why not?

(Thanks Northern Canary for your support.)

Oh we can afford Keegan''s wages that I''m sure off, but
affording his activities in the transfer market is another matter.

"At Man City he spent £48.75m and almost tripled the wage bill from Joe Royle’s more frugal days at the helm. He emptied the pot at the height of the market and now there is nothing left. Even more worrying is that if all those players that he bought were sold today City would be lucky to raise £15m!"

Newcastle
in £59,745,000
out £19,170,000

"He had the worst team record and the shortest reign of any full time England coach"

Can''t find any accurate figures for his time at Fulham but his success was built on spending sums of money way in excess of other club''s in the same division.

So if we can find the odd £50 million or so Keegan is our man - until he throws his toys out of the pram and storms off tha is.

KEEGAN ??   only a complete utter idiot [ binner ]  would come  into this forum , putting up Keegan   as a potential  manager  !   he couldn`t manage a pissup in a brewery  ....  PERIOD ! 

Maybe it was a typing error shedhed, and it was really supposed to be Kevin Keelan?..........

Ian Holloway of QPR please. "Thank you very much!" ;~)

Keegan is a poor choice in my mind.  He should have had a Premier League winners medal with Newcastle but they bottled it.  Ok he got promotion with Man City and Fulham but that is not as great an achievement as Worthy or McCarthy who did it with limited money to spend.

Worthy is always criticised for being tactically inept, but in his time with England, Keegan showcased how tactically inept he is.  So why would Keegan be the answer we are looking for? 

This is simply a case of the "Grass is always Greener" and there is no argument that could convince me that Keegan a good manager. 

I would rather bring back Hamilton than waste my time with Keegan.

Before you know it we''d have a host of ex-england players picking up their pensions and throwing our precious money away.

I haven''t seen a game this season, but the main criticisms of Worthy seem to be that

a) he can''t organise the defence

b) his solution to everything seems to be to buy, or bid for, another striker.

So what difference, exactly, would Kev make?

If I had a season ticket, I would return it if Keegan was appointed. I can''t think of a worse match for this club. Fortunately, there''s no chance of it happening.

Moyes is a nice flight of fancy, though. I would love it, love it if we could nick a manager off Everton...

There''s one thing wanting to get rid of one complete waste of space but to replace him with an even greater one?????

No thanks - this has to be a post by a closet binner...Big Fat Joe anyone?????!!!

If it happens, agree, give the job to David Williams, initially as caretaker, but given a chance to prove himself up for the post.

If (its all "if''s", after all) Worthington goes -and if we lose vs Hull, the disquiet will become overwhelming-then it would be nigh on time to get rid of Dougie as well, either David Williams could appoint his own man, or we get a new manager/assistant, not that the Rioch/Hamilton "team" showed that it always worked that way!

Williams has done a great job with the kids, add to that the fact he''s had top level coaching experience with the youth, reserve, and first team at Man Utd, importantly, when they were winning everything in sight, and he has a great CV and loads of potential. I certainly wouldn''t look past him for the post.

Pleas for Keegan and O''Neill would be just that and wouldn''t happen.

If you lot can think of any other bigger names out of work that Norwich can attract then bring em on!!!

Don''t critise me for putting Kev Keagans name up front.

I''d rather have him than some new biginner manager another no hoper from the 3rd div!

And ......  I''m not a closet binner ethier!!!!!!!!

Wake up and  look whats happening .... Come christmas we will be mid table, come May 8th at best. Then what!

Oh well, what ever!

id just liek to make the point Nigel Worthington was a beginner manager and a "no hoper" from a lower league.. and he did ok to start with...

infact, 99% of managers start off in loewr Leagues, Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger to name but 2. Experiance serves well.

jas