Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Today was prem football

Today we showed we can play against the top teams in the prem.fantastic performances by all the team.Big push now needed.

Too little too late sadly mate, you know the next away game will be another no show. Too inconsistent to have any chance of the top 6.

I agree that winning all the remaining games is going to be a tall order but football''s a funny old game,you never give up until it''s impossible.

I''m with you Mr. Footy,  75 points is the target and plenty of twists and turns still for the race to 6th place.  Sheff Wed, Preston, Fulham Derby, Villa....and us...will be eyeing up that precious play off place until it is beyond physical reach.

[quote user="mr footy"]Today we showed we can play against the top teams in the prem.fantastic performances by all the team.Big push now needed.[/quote]No we didn''t, we tonked a Championship side who didn''t show up, and missed a hatful in the second half.  If that''s playing against the likes of Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal, you''re in cloud cuckoo land.

Getting that first goal has been absolutely massive for us ever since Hughton''s first season. We hold on comfortably and can absolutely batter teams if we get one early. We need to look at more ways to catch teams out, some inventive play to open the match up, we need to be on it from the first second going forwards. If we do somehow end up with mostly the same group next year the new head coach needs to get us firing out of the blocks from minute one every game.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m with you Mr. Footy,  75 points is the target and plenty of twists and turns still for the race to 6th place.  Sheff Wed, Preston, Fulham Derby, Villa....and us...will be eyeing up that precious play off place until it is beyond physical reach.

[/quote]

We have no chance of the play offs, and you know it! Stop trying to come across the ultra optimist, you don''t believe the stuff you write!

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''m with you Mr. Footy,  75 points is the target and plenty of twists and turns still for the race to 6th place.  Sheff Wed, Preston, Fulham Derby, Villa....and us...will be eyeing up that precious play off place until it is beyond physical reach.

[/quote]

We have no chance of the play offs, and you know it! Stop trying to come across the ultra optimist, you don''t believe the stuff you write![/quote]I do believe what I write - and btw it has nothing to do with optimism - it''s about footballing possibilities. Football is a funny game.  Who would have predictd a 7-1 today, when we''ve not beaten anyone near the top all season? Anything is possible, or was.........As it happens, with Sheff  Wed beating Newcastle, the posssibilities are pretty well dried up, but up until that, Fulham were looking the team most likely to stay in the top six and factually, if we beat them, we will be four points behind them, but it is now largely irrelevant.

It shows nothing about whether we could play against top prem teams. It shows that when the players get the attacking side of their game together they are a cut above most championship teams. A prem team even an average one would have a field day against our defence.