Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Well done Russel Martin

He also went into the crowd at full time, determined to give his shirt to someone specific. A nice gesture.

Yeah, the family of olfield.

Look, he''s the best CB we have. He cares about the club and doesn''t deserve his name being boo'' d I mean seriously? And that goes for Naismith too. Two players who you might not think are good enough but never hide and give it everything.

I don''t think he deserves to be booed either Hoggy, just reporting that it happened.

@Pyro Pete

He also went into the crowd at full time, determined to give his shirt to someone specific. A nice gesture.

He went and gave it to the family of Peter Oldfield, who''s funeral is on Monday, if you heard him on Canary Call earlier, he went to see Pete in hospital before gong off with Scotland and Pete''s last request was for a goal from Russ, a great touch from a true club man.

Angry man wrote the following post at 08/04/2017 7:09 PM:

Who the funk boos their own players??????

You my friend are a complete Bell End if you do!!!.

Absolutely my man, well said👍

He also dedicated his goal to Peter judging by the way he pulled his black armband off and waved it at the crowd when he scored, great stuff.

Yeah, just caught up with his post-match interview on YouTube and he seemed genuinely choked up.

The fact he gave a gesture to a person that pays his wages and is entitled to their opinion after months of poor performances proves that actually Mr Martin isn''t as nice as the ''happy clappers'' portray!

[quote user="Canary Utd II"]The fact he gave a gesture to a person that pays his wages and is entitled to their opinion after months of poor performances proves that actually Mr Martin isn''t as nice as the ''happy clappers'' portray![/quote]

Makes me laugh nice guy, club captain better RB than CB but let''s be honest cannot defend under pressure and if anyone else on here thinks he is the way ahead then quite frankly you are deluded backup at best next season

[quote user="Canary Utd II"]The fact he gave a gesture to a person that pays his wages and is entitled to their opinion after months of poor performances proves that actually Mr Martin isn''t as nice as the ''happy clappers'' portray![/quote]Did some poor old fan get some grief back?

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Canary Utd II"]The fact he gave a gesture to a person that pays his wages and is entitled to their opinion after months of poor performances proves that actually Mr Martin isn''t as nice as the ''happy clappers'' portray![/quote]Did some poor old fan get some grief back?[/quote]

What''s your point Herman?

IMO, whether he is a top bloke or not (which he is) he brings a great deal to Norwich FC. Over the years whether at RB or CB, every manager has dropped him but he is always re-instated. Equal to or superior to Tim Klose in all stats today, which probably explains why.

Reads the game better than most, exemplified today by the fact he got himself in position to clear off the line albeit an offside attempt.

Makes mistakes, as does every player but spends much of his time covering for others, who very rarely return the compliment and has the makings of a damn good manager, imo.

I think he is having quite an influence since AN left, who I believe was a very negative influence on our players.

Noticed today too after one of the goals, not sure which but may have been our fifth, whilst the players celebrating, he was back with Ruddy giving what appeared to be in depth detailed instructions.

Was involved for quite a while, which was impressive, and showed leadership you would expect from a captain, and also that even with a large lead, they weren''t taking their foot off the gas.

Well he''s miles ahead of Timm Klose our Swiss International

I have nothing against a Martin and would keep him as back up right back next season but I was not impressed with his ear cupping celebration yesterday and don''t buy his post match explanation. One goal in a romp like that does not "prove the critics wrong" in any sense. There has been too much of that type of thinking all season, one good win and everything is ok again etc.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Noticed today too after one of the goals, not sure which but may have been our fifth, whilst the players celebrating, he was back with Ruddy giving what appeared to be in depth detailed instructions.

Was involved for quite a while, which was impressive, and showed leadership you would expect from a captain, and also that even with a large lead, they weren''t taking their foot off the gas.[/quote]

It would be ironic if that was after our 5th goal, as we conceded less than 5 minutes later. Or maybe he''s such a nice guy, he was telling Ruddy to let Reading score the next time they attacked so they didn''t get too disheartened. 😳