Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Saturday should be a barrel of laughs....

Carrow Rd looks set to be a funhouse.Reading are no mugs. We''ve a reasonable record against them but having only beaten one team in the top ten this season it doesn''t look good. Alan Irvine had said that he was reluctant to play kids while we had a possibility of a top six finish. Now that''s dead in the water he''s got his chance. He''s got nothing to lose.If it goes as I suspect the atmosphere will be hostile to say the least and if I make it from the pub I''m expecting to learn a whole new bunch of swearwords.One thing''s for sure, after what happened at the Barnsley game I doubt anyone will be risking a long range shot in case it balloons out for a throw in [:D]

The sheer lack of care we witnessed last night makes me think any repeat could be met by some really nasty chants.

If you aren''t good enough, that is life but that complete no show is not acceptable on any level.

I''m sure we''ll be fine, I''m actually looking forward to what I hope will be a decent game, hopefully with a few changes in the starting XI. Our home form is as good as any, which is what makes the consistent no-shows on our travels all the harder to swallow.

Indeed. I think we''re sixth based solely on home form. So it could be a competitive match. If things go awry there is the possibility of a few negative chants. But if the youngsters are given a chance to play I hope people cut them some slack. Personally I''d like to Maddison play at some stage.

There''s no hiding Saturday if any players don''t look like they''re putting effort in. Any more no shows from the likes of Bennett and Tettey and they''re could be some questioning of their suitability to wear the teams shirt

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Depends on who he plays, if we see the likes of Maddison and Godfrey get a start, then we cant moan if it starts to go against us.[/quote]

Especially as Reading will be similar to Huddersfield and play keep ball.

We must not give it straight back. No good 20/25 passes and end up with Bennett hoofing it. Then everyone will be entitled to have a go.

But we would have to give any new guys a bit of slack.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Carrow Rd looks set to be a funhouse.Reading are no mugs. We''ve a reasonable record against them but having only beaten one team in the top ten this season it doesn''t look good. Alan Irvine had said that he was reluctant to play kids while we had a possibility of a top six finish. Now that''s dead in the water he''s got his chance. He''s got nothing to lose.If it goes as I suspect the atmosphere will be hostile to say the least and if I make it from the pub I''m expecting to learn a whole new bunch of swearwords.One thing''s for sure, after what happened at the Barnsley game I doubt anyone will be risking a long range shot in case it balloons out for a throw in [:D][/quote]

Should have stopped at the first line!

A few empty seats from the whingbags, but generally a good atmosphere. Don''t bother coming back, you weren''t missed!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Carrow Rd looks set to be a funhouse.Reading are no mugs. We''ve a reasonable record against them but having only beaten one team in the top ten this season it doesn''t look good. Alan Irvine had said that he was reluctant to play kids while we had a possibility of a top six finish. Now that''s dead in the water he''s got his chance. He''s got nothing to lose.If it goes as I suspect the atmosphere will be hostile to say the least and if I make it from the pub I''m expecting to learn a whole new bunch of swearwords.One thing''s for sure, after what happened at the Barnsley game I doubt anyone will be risking a long range shot in case it balloons out for a throw in [:D][/quote]

Should have stopped at the first line!

[/quote]Nice one LDC and all the other comments too [:D][:$]That''s the trouble with writing anything down........it''s always there later to bite you on the bum [:''(]