Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Most entertining season at CR?

you not got any chores to do today? or is it still raining up there?

1971 - 1972 gaining promotion to Div One.

I believe we''re ranked 5th based on our home form alone - scoring a league high of 48 goals. So not a bad effort.The trouble is you can''t take the home form out of the context of the season as a whole. Which ultimately has been unsuccessful.

I''ve been going for 17 years as a regular and came name four or five more entertaining seasons off the top of my head.

We all have to remember that Ldc sits in his bedroom tugging himself and starting stupid threads, doesn''t actually attend matches , but forms his opinion from watching his wireless , humour him or ignore him , but don''t encourage him 🙉🙊🙈

Certainly been lots of goals but all in vain in our attempt to get promoted. I''ve thoroughly enjoyed plenty of games at CR this season although a lot of them have been hollow victories when you compare them to our embarrassing away form.

The vast contrast with our away form can''t be denied. However Lakey is right about the Carrow Road faithful. I think it''s +29 at home and -19 away which says it all.

Lamberts season in the championship the best I''ve seen at CR, and overall too....by a mile.

The 4-3 vs Leicester, Holts hat trick against the binners, Lansbury last min vs Millwall, Holts justice against Harte and Reading, the two hat tricks vs Scunthorpe which was the start of Jacksons run to the end of the season...and THAT moment vs Derby to set up our promotion back to the PL...make it the most entertaining home season I think I''m ever likely to see.

Lambert second or the play offs under Worthy would be my top two. That was my first year as a season ticket holder and was so unexpected. Desperately listening for the final Burnley score after beating Stockport and putting arrogant Wolves fans in their place were two fantastic memories for a 14 year old.