Sign in to follow this  
king canary

So... a Match Thread?

[quote user="paul moy"]Still an outside chance of the playoffs .....[/quote]

Don''t encourage LDC, it''s the hope that''s the worst.

So, we supposedly need a massive clear out?  Yet these players have just produced a 7-1! Which of these players do you get rid of, when on days like today they can do this?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So, we supposedly need a massive clear out?  Yet these players have just produced a 7-1! Which of these players do you get rid of, when on days like today they can do this?[/quote]Today means nothing in terms of the overhaul that''s needed. We all know "they can do this" from time to time, especially when things run for them, e.g. early penalty, scored not saved, shots from distance arrowing in to the top corner, an opposition who fell into the trap we constantly fail to guard against (complacency), etc. You don''t get promotion or achieve longer term success on the back of this kind of good day.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So, we supposedly need a massive clear out?  Yet these players have just produced a 7-1! Which of these players do you get rid of, when on days like today they can do this?[/quote]The same ones we wanted to get rid of yesterday.  The ones who have failed to perform for most of the season and have had nearly all the posters on here moaning all season because of poor performances etc.  I hope to hell Webber is not as easily influenced by a win like today''s as you obviously are, in that it seems you now want to retain everybody.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So, we supposedly need a massive clear out?  Yet these players have just produced a 7-1! Which of these players do you get rid of, when on days like today they can do this?[/quote]The same ones we wanted to get rid of yesterday.  The ones who have failed to perform for most of the season and have had nearly all the posters on here moaning all season because of poor performances etc.  I hope to hell Webber is not as easily influenced by a win like today''s as you obviously are, in that it seems you now want to retain everybody.[/quote]Out of the starting 11 today who would you get rid of, oh wise, old one?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So, we supposedly need a massive clear out?  Yet these players have just produced a 7-1! Which of these players do you get rid of, when on days like today they can do this?[/quote]The same ones we wanted to get rid of yesterday.  The ones who have failed to perform for most of the season and have had nearly all the posters on here moaning all season because of poor performances etc.  I hope to hell Webber is not as easily influenced by a win like today''s as you obviously are, in that it seems you now want to retain everybody.[/quote]Out of the starting 11 today who would you get rid of, oh wise, old one?[/quote]Ruddy; Pinto, Martin (c), Klose, Dijks; Tettey, Howson; Ja. Murphy, Pritchard, Hoolahan; Oliveira. #ncfc

McGovern (GK), Whittaker, Naismith, Jerome, Wildschut, Bennett, Jo. Murphy.I''ve included the bench for your perusal, oh easily influenced one.  I doubt whether Dijks will sign permanently for us unless LDC''s dream comes true, Pritchard may well attract a bid which will be too good for us to turn down, Wildschut has shown nothing so far for his large fee, nor has Naismith, Tettey doesn''t offer much anymore, the others imho, speak for themselves.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So, we supposedly need a massive clear out?  Yet these players have just produced a 7-1! Which of these players do you get rid of, when on days like today they can do this?[/quote]The same ones we wanted to get rid of yesterday.  The ones who have failed to perform for most of the season and have had nearly all the posters on here moaning all season because of poor performances etc.  I hope to hell Webber is not as easily influenced by a win like today''s as you obviously are, in that it seems you now want to retain everybody.[/quote]Out of the starting 11 today who would you get rid of, oh wise, old one?[/quote]Ruddy; Pinto, Martin (c), Klose, Dijks; Tettey, Howson; Ja. Murphy, Pritchard, Hoolahan; Oliveira. #ncfc

McGovern (GK), Whittaker, Naismith, Jerome, Wildschut, Bennett, Jo. Murphy.I''ve included the bench for your perusal, oh easily influenced one.  I doubt whether Dijks will sign permanently for us unless LDC''s dream comes true, Pritchard may well attract a bid which will be too good for us to turn down, Wildschut has shown nothing so far for his large fee, nor has Naismith, Tettey doesn''t offer much anymore, the others imho, speak for themselves.[/quote]So why would you keep all of those other players when they have failed for most of the season oh wise old one?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Is this the shortest match thread ever?[/quote][:D]Only seven goals. Nowt to get too excited about.

This season  could end up like some weird kind of Sandwich.......Fresh ,delicious home made bread, either side of a discount store chicken and stuffing filling. What the hell went wrong, , at times we have been decent, the rest of the time, not so good.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]This season  could end up like some weird kind of Sandwich.......Fresh ,delicious home made bread, either side of a discount store chicken and stuffing filling. [/quote]Comment of the day, right there.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So, we supposedly need a massive clear out?  Yet these players have just produced a 7-1! Which of these players do you get rid of, when on days like today they can do this?[/quote]The same ones we wanted to get rid of yesterday.  The ones who have failed to perform for most of the season and have had nearly all the posters on here moaning all season because of poor performances etc.  I hope to hell Webber is not as easily influenced by a win like today''s as you obviously are, in that it seems you now want to retain everybody.[/quote]Out of the starting 11 today who would you get rid of, oh wise, old one?[/quote]Ruddy; Pinto, Martin (c), Klose, Dijks; Tettey, Howson; Ja. Murphy, Pritchard, Hoolahan; Oliveira. #ncfc

McGovern (GK), Whittaker, Naismith, Jerome, Wildschut, Bennett, Jo. Murphy.I''ve included the bench for your perusal, oh easily influenced one.  I doubt whether Dijks will sign permanently for us unless LDC''s dream comes true, Pritchard may well attract a bid which will be too good for us to turn down, Wildschut has shown nothing so far for his large fee, nor has Naismith, Tettey doesn''t offer much anymore, the others imho, speak for themselves.[/quote]So why would you keep all of those other players when they have failed for most of the season oh wise old one?[/quote]If you think Pinto, Dijks, Howson, Murphys, Pritchard, Hoolahan, Oliveira and Jerome have failed all season oh idiot one, that''s what you are.  Or did you get muddled with the emboldened names?Generally accepted I think you''ll find, that they are the basis of next season''s squad plus some newbies and U23s. or has your mind become so steamed up with ignorance that you can''t see for your own blindness.

I''m not too sure about your choices. Players often respond to different managers and much is down to their attitude.Lafferty certainly fits that role. Turner is as good as gone, and Mulumbu can be ok on his day, but he would have to accept quite a pay cut to stay. Jarvis, as he seems to be permanently injured. Bassong has had his day. Those would be my certainties.Tettey, Whittaker, Bennett would be good enough as cover - so would depend on who we were able to bring in first.Keepers. Again possibly dependent on what happens to Rudd.A controversial suggestion would be for one of the Murphy''s to be moved on. Given how similar their playing style is there will only ever really be space for one on the pitch at most times.However it remains to be seen whether today was a flash in the pan or whether those players can deliver, regularlyroll on friday

It would be surreal if we kept Whittaker (not good enough to start in any position on the pitch) yet sold one of our most promising young players.

The starting XI was arguably our strongest team and by and large, I would happily keep here next season.....its those sitting on the bench and not in the matchday squad that I would have a problem with.

Bassong,Turner,Naismith,Whittaker,Bennett,Mulumbu,Jarvis,McGovern,Andreu,Lafferty,Jones.....and Alex Neil''s parting gift Wildschut should all be moved on.

a decent amount of wages will be saved there and can be re-invested in some hardened Championship battlers who have the appetite to go away from home and grind out results....it should also create some space for any good youngsters to come through at the club

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So, we supposedly need a massive clear out?  Yet these players have just produced a 7-1! Which of these players do you get rid of, when on days like today they can do this?[/quote]The same ones we wanted to get rid of yesterday.  The ones who have failed to perform for most of the season and have had nearly all the posters on here moaning all season because of poor performances etc.  I hope to hell Webber is not as easily influenced by a win like today''s as you obviously are, in that it seems you now want to retain everybody.[/quote]Out of the starting 11 today who would you get rid of, oh wise, old one?[/quote]Ruddy; Pinto, Martin (c), Klose, Dijks; Tettey, Howson; Ja. Murphy, Pritchard, Hoolahan; Oliveira. #ncfc

McGovern (GK), Whittaker, Naismith, Jerome, Wildschut, Bennett, Jo. Murphy.I''ve included the bench for your perusal, oh easily influenced one.  I doubt whether Dijks will sign permanently for us unless LDC''s dream comes true, Pritchard may well attract a bid which will be too good for us to turn down, Wildschut has shown nothing so far for his large fee, nor has Naismith, Tettey doesn''t offer much anymore, the others imho, speak for themselves.[/quote]So why would you keep all of those other players when they have failed for most of the season oh wise old one?[/quote]If you think Pinto, Dijks, Howson, Murphys, Pritchard, Hoolahan, Oliveira and Jerome have failed all season oh idiot one, that''s what you are.  Or did you get muddled with the emboldened names?Generally accepted I think you''ll find, that they are the basis of next season''s squad plus some newbies and U23s. or has your mind become so steamed up with ignorance that you can''t see for your own blindness.[/quote]Oh, all knowing, wise, old one.  Who is this generally accepted by???  By who, exactly, who would have any bearing on making such decisions???  How do you know this?  We don''t have a Head Coach and the Sporting Director has been in place only a couple of days!!!

[quote user="Flashman"]I''m not too sure about your choices. Players often respond to different managers and much is down to their attitude.Lafferty certainly fits that role. Turner is as good as gone, and Mulumbu can be ok on his day, but he would have to accept quite a pay cut to stay. Jarvis, as he seems to be permanently injured. Bassong has had his day. Those would be my certainties.Tettey, Whittaker, Bennett would be good enough as cover - so would depend on who we were able to bring in first.Keepers. Again possibly dependent on what happens to Rudd.A controversial suggestion would be for one of the Murphy''s to be moved on. Given how similar their playing style is there will only ever really be space for one on the pitch at most times.However it remains to be seen whether today was a flash in the pan or whether those players can deliver, regularlyroll on friday[/quote]Perfectly reasonable points Flashman.  Only problem is, don''t think any of them would go too far in bolstering the coffers which I assume is still a problem for us.  Yes, they''d free up some wages but surely we need to boost the transfer pot as well.Keepers, I know I read somewhere that Rudd had been told he could go as well as Ruddy, but Gawd knows where it was.  If so that leaves Matthews  I suppose.Agree totally with Bassong and Jarvis.  Flash in the pan?  Who knows, time will tell.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Oh, all knowing, wise, old one.  Who is this generally accepted by???  By who, exactly, who would have any bearing on making such decisions???  How do you know this?  We don''t have a Head Coach and the Sporting Director has been in place only a couple of days!!![/quote]You are obviously being deliberately idiotic.In case it''s escaped your notice It''s a football forum, for discussion.  Posters opinions, nothing more although you don''t offer any.  In the case of this ''discussion'' if you'' bothered to read other threads of which there have been several opinions of who should stay, who should go.  Surprise, surprise several names came out as a common denominator, hence my phraseology.No nobody on here has any bearing on any decisions made by the Board or management of NCFC.  No-one said they did, no-one believes they do.I was not aware we didn''t have a Head Coach neither was I aware that the Sporting Director has been in place only a couple of days.  If you believe that you are even more gullible than you obviously are.Now I''m bored with this ''conversation'' if you can call it that, and intend now to call a halt to it.  I would rather carry this on with someone like Flashman who seems prepared to enter into a proper discussion.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Oh, all knowing, wise, old one.  Who is this generally accepted by???  By who, exactly, who would have any bearing on making such decisions???  How do you know this?  We don''t have a Head Coach and the Sporting Director has been in place only a couple of days!!![/quote]You are obviously being deliberately idiotic.In case it''s escaped your notice It''s a football forum, for discussion.  Posters opinions, nothing more although you don''t offer any.  In the case of this ''discussion'' if you'' bothered to read other threads of which there have been several opinions of who should stay, who should go.  Surprise, surprise several names came out as a common denominator, hence my phraseology.No nobody on here has any bearing on any decisions made by the Board or management of NCFC.  No-one said they did, no-one believes they do.I was not aware we didn''t have a Head Coach neither was I aware that the Sporting Director has been in place only a couple of days.  If you believe that you are even more gullible than you obviously are.Now I''m bored with this ''conversation'' if you can call it that, and intend now to call a halt to it.  I would rather carry this on with someone like Flashman who seems prepared to enter into a proper discussion.[/quote]Finally, you get it, it is about opinions!  Whether your conclusions regarding my opinion are correct or not, is not relevant. You are the one who jumped on and attackedme for what you had concluded from my post were my opinions.  Yet your opinions are somehow valid, but (what you think are) mine aren''t!  What you have succeeded in doing though, is making yourself look like very silly.