Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Stuart Webber Interviews

Have to admit, first impressions is I''m very impressed.

Talks in a confident and informed manner and clearly appears to know his stuff.

Already showing a good insight in to what needs to happen at the club especially regarding coach, players and recruitment.

Also pleased to see that he has done the decent thing and had an early eye to eye meeting with Irvine but most importantly told him he won''t be considered for the head coach role.

A good start and first time I''ve felt hopeful about our situation for some time

OTBC

A well-spoken guy. Made me laugh when he mentioned the head coach didn''t need to get involved with the chef and his kitchen.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]A well-spoken guy. Made me laugh when he mentioned the head coach didn''t need to get involved with the chef and his kitchen. [/quote]So it was Alex bl00dy Neil who is to blame for reducing the size of the scampi portion!

Lets face it, we all think we know who the best manager is, the best players and the best style.

And of course we probably don''t but that is why it is great to be able to share those thoughts on here.

He sounds very level headed and has an idea of what is required to not only turn us around but possibly move us up to the WBA/Southampton/Stoke level.

Very impressed with everything he''s had to say so far. Just can''t wait to get these final few games out of the way now and watch the overhaul commence!

Genuinely excited about the prospect of next season at the moment, in terms of who''s going to be in the dugout and who we''ll be watching on the pitch. I just hope we don''t end up disappointed again, but get the feeling that the message has finally sunk in at the club and the right steps will be taken and drastic changes will be made over the next 3-4 months to prepare for the 17/18 campaign.

Also interesting that he bought in 15 new players at Huddersfield. That will please some on here.

Actions speak louder than words. We can judge progress in about 12 months time. Yes, he seems to come across well...but we''ve been there before. And has he really achieved that much with Huddersfield? They have had a good season but still a realistic chance we will be playing them next season. I really hope this works as we can''t afford another duff appointment. Best of luck to SW.

[quote user="hogesar"]Certainly comes across well, saying all the right things. Makes you look forward to the future!
[/quote]

Big Vince is highly sceptical of anyone recruited by Delia who comes on and proceeds to talk the talk. This all smacks of her New Labour tendencies and of course we all know what they did to the country. Big Vince is sick and tired of very nice people being associated with Norwich City. They achieve nothing. It would have been far better if the boy Webber had used his first press call to give everyone there the one-fingered salute, then barged out, but from there proceeded to do the walk by winning the league next season.

For goodness sake let''s get some really nasty pieces of work into the club before next season so that no prisoners are taken anywhere across the pitch.

I know we all realise what a huge job he faces but even I was surprised by this statistic:-

Sine we beat Rotherham 3-1 on October 15th we have gained 31 points from 28 league games. That is the equivalent of 51 points over a season and very, very close to relegation.

And until last week some people were still talking about the playoffs! We are very fortunate that we got some quite lucky results in our first 12 games (think Cardiff and Wigan at home and Wolves away).

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="hogesar"]Certainly comes across well, saying all the right things. Makes you look forward to the future!
[/quote]

Big Vince is highly sceptical of anyone recruited by Delia who comes on and proceeds to talk the talk. This all smacks of her New Labour tendencies and of course we all know what they did to the country. Big Vince is sick and tired of very nice people being associated with Norwich City. They achieve nothing. It would have been far better if the boy Webber had used his first press call to give everyone there the one-fingered salute, then barged out, but from there proceeded to do the walk by winning the league next season.

For goodness sake let''s get some really nasty pieces of work into the club before next season so that no prisoners are taken anywhere across the pitch.[/quote]

Well Vince seeing as Webber says he''s met two of the board( Ed & Tom?) so far there is a very good chance he hasn''t met Delia yet let alone been appointed by her, but don''t let that stop you.

While I like what I''m hearing from Webber a lot, his ambitions are far greater than the majority shareholders, so I can him eventually leaving in frustration after a couple of seasons.

Webber is using the club as a stepping stone to greater things and who can blame him? The best we can hope for is he leaves us in a better position than we currently are, which shouldn''t be too difficult.

Watching the presser now - I like him. Strong, decisive and not afraid to make big decisions. I think this is definitely someone we can be optimistic about charging with the future of the club.
Disappointed to see Wagner won''t be following him though, from the way he answered the question, makes me think Huddersfield have written it into him leaving that he isn''t allowed to go back and poach Wagner.
Got to say though, the old "scouring Europe" line may finally come to fruition. I suspect he already has his man in mind and has a good idea that he will come at the end of the season.
I would think from the sounds of the interview that we may see some wholesale changes at Colney, and we will either end up with Uwe Rosler or someone from the continent for the head coach job.

This guy looks bright and has given me a real burst of optimism.

The one thing I would urge is patience though, impressive he is, miracle worker he might need to be. The playing squad and style need more than a tinker and there may be some very tough decisions that he has to take for the greater good of the club. To give you an example, the deadwood out of contract guys are easy but shifting a Naismith will be tough so therefore to free up some funds we might have to make some unpalatable decisions and sell some of our better players (murphy''s, Pritchard, howson) for the right price to adjust the squad.

I think it''s going to take 24 months min to really change the shape of our squad. What this doesn''t mean is that we can''t have a tilt next year, we have some good players but the head coach will have to mold a playing style that isn''t ideal or end state to do so. Ten miserable bore draws on the road this year would have us in the play-offs for example. The NCFC faithful are going to have to dig even deeper in the patience banks for me

[quote user="lincoln canary and golden Coppel"]Some of you lot are easily impressed!

Coming across well in an interview should be second nature to guy employed in his position, I wouldn''t read too much into it.

My personal opinion, I worry he is too young. Can he really command the respect of a competent experienced head coach?[/quote]
He got Wagner to turn down joining Klopp''s staff at Liverpool to go to Huddersfield. We don''t need an experienced head coach, we need a good head coach who is a good fit for us. 
I don''t particularly want experienced head coach to be honest - if they are experienced and willing to come and work in a head coach role, not a manager role, in a medium sized club in a provincial outpost, then they are either successful in lower leagues and we''re chancing it on them stepping up (which no doubt people like you would whinge about) or they''re at best mediocre and at worst a failure at somewhere equivalent in size or bigger. 
I''m happy with giving someone successful from the lower league ranks a go (cue the inevitable ''well Alex Neil didn''t work so well etc'' comments because obviously he is representative of all inexperienced coaches/managers therefore none of them can be any good). I''m happy if we get some complete unknown from the continent who is more familiar with the structure they are working in etc. 
Webber already made it clear he is looking for a younger coach and won''t be scraping round the usual suspects, so I doubt whoever we get in will be massively experienced. Rosler is probably the most experienced likely candidate.

lot of guff and smoke and mirrors for me......nothing he''s said is anything any proper football manager wouldnt be saying and would be under their remit to do.

Appoint a capable manager, and he does everything Webber has laid out anyway, my fear is with someone like Webber now in place it does somewhat close the field as to what level of "coach" we will now attract, who is prepared to accept working under this structure and not have full autonomy.

I know when someone new arrives they say all the right things, but I genuinely feel enthused about going forward. I have felt for some time this season has been a car crash, but I am feeling real excitement for next season. He''s certainly talking the talk, but I feel he could be the real deal...

I''m pleased he''s joining but won''t make any judgements until we''ve seen who comes in as head coach. Webber has a big job on his hands.

I wonder what will happen to his ''little black book'' of players currently being watched.Will he say to Huddersfield ''here you are you can still have these''..... or most likely keep those names for City to look over ?Otherwise I aim still concerned about his competence. Surely a man who has checked out the club thoroughly will have read the threads on here outlining how not only is the club falling apart and is ran solely by Delia, but has neither any money or ''hambition''.